You

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Classes are finally over, after hearing the bell Jihoon immediately told Woojin that he can’t join him go back to the dorm because he needs to do something before going back. Woojin said that it is alright, he understands it, Woojin noticed that Jihoon wants to be alone, he bid his goodbye to his friend and Jihoon went out of the classroom. Jihoon went to the empty music room that he and Guanlin always go to, the piano is still there, there had been a notice that it will be removed in a month and the room will be used for club activities of Novel Club, Jihoon reminisces the times he and Guanlin shared inside the room. It was brief and most of the time, it is him sleeping and making Guanlin his pillow, but the warmth he receives from Guanlin is incomparable.

“It will be perfect if you can always be here.” Jihoon sat down at his usual spot, in front of the piano, below the window and his back leaning at the wall. It looks perfect there; how the sunset colors the entire room with red, orange and yellow, like the room is on fire.

Jihoon didn’t notice it, but his vision is starting to get blurry, and his eyes are starting to get heavy. When  Jihoon opened his eyes, it was there again, the columns, the garden, the throne and the lady, “W-who are you?”

“Good day...” The lady said, Jihoon can’t help but to feel scared, the way the lady is smiling at him, it makes him feel uncomfortable and made him uneasy as well, “How can I help you?”

“Who are you?” Jihoon asked, “You are not my mom, who are you?”

The lady smiled as she walked down towards Jihoon, and after few steps, the lady is already in front of Jihoon, only inch apart, Jihoon then realized it, they looked the same, they looked exactly the same but the difference is that she is a girl while Jihoon is a guy.

“Have you found the answer you are looking for?” the lady asked. Jihoon gave him a puzzled look, “Do you really think you can only see the red string of fate? Nothing more? Nothing less? I will tell you a secret, Park Jihoon, I am The Lady in Red, the goddess of Love, the goddess of Beauty, I am you, and you are me.”

“W-what do you mean?”

“You are a god, Park Jihoon.” The lady said.

 

“Jihoon!!”

 

“Jihoon!!!!”

 

Jihoon heard a familiar voice, it seems really familiar, the lady in front of him smiled. “Jihoon, please always be safe, it’s been years since you’ve been asleep, now that you are fully awake, please be safe.”

“What do you mean?”

“You can protect the time, protect them while staying safe, protect the time, protect them, they already lost someone important to them to get realized their powers, don’t let them lose everything.” The lady asked, “Before you were born, I did the same mistake, please, please....” the lady is not on her knees crying, Jihoon knelt down also.

“What do you mean by that—“ Jihoon noticed the lady is starting to disappear, her feet are starting to become petals of a red rose, “What is happening to your feet!!!”

“Don’t forget this Park Jihoon, your name and the person who can make you alive...” The lady said, “Protect that person, he is doing his best to protect you too.”

“Yes... I-I won—“

Jihoon felt tears falling from his eyes as the lady in front of him slowly disappeared, and the next moment the red petals are all over the place now.

 

“JIHOOOOON!!!!”

 

When Jihoon opened his eyes, he saw Guanlin, he is sweating really hard, it seems like he had been calling Jihoon for a while. Guanlin was relieved; Guanlin’s feet started to feel numb and he fell on his legs when Jihoon opened his eyes, “I thought you are not breathing anymore.”

Jihoon noticed that he had tears flowing out of his eyes. “When did I pass out?”

“I don’t know, the moment I arrived here, you are already sleeping, and you’ve been murmuring about something and... you started to cry,” Guanlin explained it looks like he really panicked; it is obvious to his face that he is still flustered at what happened to Jihoon. “Please don’t be like that again, please don’t make me feel uncomfortable again.”

Jihoon smiled as he touched Guanlin’s cheek, “I’m sorry, I just had a bad dream.”

Guanlin felt relieved after seeing JIhoon’s smile, he sat next Jihoon, and “So what are you going to tell me?” Guanlin asked.

Jihoon looked in front of him, the light that is coming from the outside is starting to fade, the color orange is starting to get dark, how long did he pass out?

“Guanlin...” Jihoon said, “Remember when we first met? I screamed?”

Guanlin laughed, “Yeah, I can remember it very well, why?”

Jihoon let his head rests on Guanlin’s shoulder, “It is because I can see something... something that had been my greatest fear.”

Jihoon noticed that Guanlin intertwined their hands together, it seems like Guanlin saw how scared Jihoon is while he is talking, Jihoon always felt safe when Guanlin is around, and if the lady said that he needs to protect the person he loves, then he will, no matter what it takes.

“I can see the fated person of everyone...” Jihoon started, “I can see them, to the point of asking myself why me? I don’t know why I can see people loving the wrong people, I can see hearts getting broken because others choose to love other people... if only I can control the person someone can fall in love with... then maybe all of these, everything will be alright.”Guanlin didn’t say any words at all, he tightened his hand that is holding Jihoon, he just stayed there, he doesn’t want to make Jihoon feel miserable at all.

After minutes of crying, Jihoon finally stopped, his eyes are puffy and he is still sniffing lightly. “Are you alright?” Guanlin asked as he cupped Jihoon’s cheeks. “Are you feeling better now?”

Jihoon nodded, “Much better.”

“Good.”

“Thank you.”

“No need,” Guanlin replied.

Jihoon pouted, “Are you not going to ask who your fated partner is?”

Guanlin laughed, “No...” he connected their foreheads together, “Because of no matter who my partner will go to be... I would definitely choose you.”

Jihoon smiled, “No need...” Jihoon said, “Because I am your fated partner.”

 

 

~

 

Yongguk was waiting at the entrance when he saw Jinyoung running towards him, “Sorry, hyung...” Jinyoung said as he catches his breath, “I was running late because Samuel and Daehwi cornered me and started to bombard me with nonsense questions.”

Yongguk laughed, “That’s nice.”

The two of them decided to go to the nearest cafe, it is a shop for dogs and cats lover, Jinyoung wanted to go there ever since he saw the ad, but none of his friends like to go there, simply because they are all busy. When they reached the cafe, it seems like there are few people there, but what caught Jinyoung’s attention is the dogs that are there, they are all cute and adorable.

“Wo—“ when Jinyoung looked at Yongguk, he was surprised ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter