Innocence

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jihoon thought about what Donghan told him, it feels like what he is carrying for years had been lifted. Donghan said sorry for forgetting about what happened maybe it is because of the trauma that Donghan choose to forget everything. Jihoon said it is alright because now they can be friends again.

“Then you still have your ability?” Jihoon asked, “I wasn’t able to ask you about it back then...”

Donghan looked at the drink that Jihoon gave him, “Back then, everything changed the moment I discovered my ability... to the extent of me trying to run away from everyone.” Donghan explained, “But when my cousin, our teacher, helped me to overcome everything even my fear of looking at everyone.”

Donghan is obviously trying not to cry, it is hard for him, the only person who can understand him died, it’s been years but it felt like yesterday when Donghan felt hopeless.

“I saw it... my special ability is that I can see when the person will die...” Donghan confessed, “I have the eyes similar to a Shinigami.”

Jihoon gasped, he never knew ability like that exists, he thought that the strongest power he knew is Jinyoung’s, which is an ability to make everything he writes using his fountain pen happens. Donghan’s ability is more like a curse and not a blessing maybe that is the reason why Hyungseob said it back then, that not all abilities are meant to be a blessing, some actually had it as a curse.

“The funny part is, as long as I know the person’s name I can easily see how long they can live.” Donghan laughed, but Jihoon knew that his laugh is not meant to be a happy one but a laugh pitiful enough because he is living a cursed life. “I can only see countdown when it is too late already... when I can’t do anything anymore.”

Jihoon understands how hard it is for Donghan, eventhough the bearing is not similar, but Jihoon also ruined some relationship back then because of his ability, that is why he kept quiet about it. “It is hard...” Jihoon started, “But it is already given to us... eventhough we can’t do anything, our eyes are not normal, nor ourselves... everything will make sense maybe not now but maybe soon in the future.”

Donghan nodded, “I hope so.”

Jihoon once again hugged Donghan, it’s been a while. “I am glad we met again.” Jihoon said. “I really missed you, Donghan.”

“Yeah...” Donghan said, “Though I can’t remember well.” The two of them laughed.

 

~

 

Donghyun stopped as him and Youngmin are on their way to the common area of their dorm, no one was there at all, it is quiet since most of their dormmates went out and not yet home. “Why?” Youngmin asked.

Donghyun looked at his hands, it is his ability he can manipulate the sense of touch of everyone as long as they touch him first. “Lai Guanlin, I saw him, he avoided everyone... Yehyun and Woodam... it is as if he knew we had greater senses that anyone else.”

Youngmin laughed, “Maybe you are being paranoid, there is no way he knew about our abilities and besides, what if he knew our abilities there is nothing wrong.”

Donghyun snickered, “Yeah right, I am being paranoid.” Donghyun said as if he is really annoyed by Youngmin’s remarks, well he really is annoyed but Youngmin also got a point it is not like there is wrong about their abilities, it is a gift after all, according to Daehwi and Woojin.

“Youngmin-hyung...” Donghyun hesitated at first, but he held his hands tight, “I need to find Taedong and the others, I’ll just go somewhere.” Donghyun said, “I’ll just confirm something.”

Youngmin smiled, “Sure.”

 

Right after Donghyun left, Youngmin’s smile fade away and when he turned around, he was there, Lai Guanlin was standing there and he is looking straight at him. “Aren’t you being too hard on him, you are not giving him clues at all.”

“And you are being obvious.” Youngmin said, the distance between the two of them is wide, but it is as if they are not, “You know what they can do; your mysterious image will be gone in a matter of time.”

Guanlin looked at his pocket watch, “Are you going to leave me also? Like what Hyungseob said?”

Youngmin laughed, “As if Hyungseob can do that, Hyungseob just want answers not more questions, he doesn’t want to believe at something that he can’t see. We followed you here all the way from the start but you only say your plans to Seonho and to the other two kids, aren’t you being unfair, to me, to Hyungseob and to Sewoon?” Youngmin pointed his finger at Guanlin, “Can you keep our loyalty?”

“Your loyalty is all yours...” Guanlin said, “I think this is not the right time to tell you everything...”

Youngmin smiled, “You’ve changed, now you are thinking about us too, I am glad. But everything, will not be according your plan, one day everything we did might crumble down, and we might not able to help, I hope you can explain to us everything soon.” Youngmin said.

 

~

 

The next day, Jihoon was surprised not because he made it or because of some miracle happened that their teacher can’t attend their first subject, but it was because Jinyoung is actually smiling. Jinyoung has always have this dark aura around him that it is impossible to know if he is alright or just tired or whatsoever.

“What happened to him?” Jihoon asked Daehwi, but Daehwi just shakes his head.

“When I arrived last night he is already like that, smiling widely and it seems like he is texting someone always.” Daehwi pointed out as Jinyoung is always looking at his phone.

Jihoon’s eyebrow arched, “Who’s that?”

Daehwi smiled and Jihoon was confused, “Are you jealous?”

Jihoon realized what Daehwi said and he immediately shakes his head, “W-what are you talking about!”

Daehwi laughed, “Yeah~ what am I talking about?”

Jihoon ignored that fact that Daehwi is teasing him, because when he looked at Jinyoung he felt happy, because the years they knew each other, that is the first time he saw Jinyoung smiled genuinely. Jihoon didn’t feel any jealousy towards the person whom Jinyoung is expecting, rather than jealousy, Jihoon felt grateful because finally after 3 years Jinyoung smiled again.

“It’s been 3 years...” Jihoon said and Daehwi looked at him, Daehwi knew what happened three years ago... it’s been a disaster for their friendship, but because Woojin is great they managed to be together. Don’t give up just because everyone did, don’t give up even everyone did, don’t give up. And from there Woojin never let go of their hands.

Jihoon smiled because Woojin never forget to smile and now Hyungseob is there for him too, their circle of friends is getting bigger and bigger. “Woojin was our anchor back then... I am happy we made through that.”

Daehwi nodded.

 

“Hey!!!” Both Jihoon and Daehwi were surprised when someone wrapped his arms around their necks, “How are my recruits doing?” when Jihoon and Daehwi looked who was that, they both smiled.

“Minki-hyung!”

Minki is someone they respect, not only he got amazing fashion style, he is also someone reliable and a very good and funny senior. Daehwi was the first one to get close to him since they all belong to the same club and then Jihoon became close to him due to their constant meeting.

“When did you arrive? It’s been three weeks.” Daehwi asked.

“Oh we arrived last night, Minhyun asked us if we can move our flights.” Minki said, “Dongho also said that he is almost done with rearrangement of the song.”

Dongho is Daehwi’s destiny, to really honest, Dongho is really close to Minki, the two of them are inseparable, but Dongho, he is really a magnet, everyone loves him, it is because of his characteristic and because of his image that everyone loves.

Do you want to go out with us later?” Minki asked.

Jihoon and Daehwi looked at each other, then agreeing to Minki’s request after all it is their beloved Minki-hyung requesting to them. “Good, I’ll see you after class? You could invite them if you want; I have plenty of chocolates from Paris.”

The first person that came in Jihoon’s mind when Minki said that was Guanlin and he was surprised because he never thought that the very first person who he will think of is Guanlin. Guanlin had been there for him for 4 weeks and yet he made his way to Jihoon’s mind already, but Jihoon’s can’t help it since Guanlin feels like home. He felt like the young man is somehow feels closer to home, aside from his friends of course.

Jihoon smiled, “Sure hyung.” He will invite Guanlin that is for sure.

 

Then Minki went out of the room after that, but before going out he told Jihoon and Daehwi the instructions, like where they will be eating and when, then he noticed Dongho, he seems to be waiting for him at the hallway, “Are you done?”

Minki grinned, “If I managed to get that Guanlin with us later, Minhyun should bow down to me.”

Dongho laughed as he walked along with Minki, “Yeah, as if Minhyun will do that.”

 

~

 

During lunch, Hyungseob decided to join the four of them, Daehwi, Jihoon, Woojin and Jinyoung, it is one of the few times Hyungseob did that, usually he eats with Euiwoong and Justin but this time he joined them, after few minutes, Sewoon, Gunhee and Samuel joined them. They are always occupying the same spot in the cafeteria because there is less people in that area.

“Are you expecting someone, Jihoon?” Jihoon is always looking at the door everytime it opens and it really annoys Daehwi. “If you are then why not text him instead?”

Jihoon rolled his eyes, “Yeah, right.” And proceed doing it again.

“If you are expecting for Donghan, he said that he’ll get his buddies first, Taedong is a little bit reserved so we cannot guarantee your friend’s attendance here.” Woojin said.

Jihoon nodded, “Fine—“

When the door opened it didn’t reveal Donghan, Taedong or Hyunbin, but the person he really expecting to come and eat at the cafeteria, “Guanlin!” Jihoon called him out of nowhere and Guanlin looked at them, but then noticed Hyungseob at the side, Hyungseob on the other hand looked away.

“What’s wrong?” Woojin wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter