Event

Serendipity and Zemblanity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Event - a thing that happens, especially one of importance.

 

It’s been weeks since the semester started, it was their Biology class when Jihoon was teamed up with Donghan, since Donghan’s bestfriends Hyunbin and Taedong are excused for their extracurricular activities. Jihoon being left out with no partner, Daehwi said that he and Donghan can be partners. Donghan is a mystery to Jihoon, he looks exactly like the Kim Donghan that was once his friend.

“Are you willing to dissect the frog or I will be the one who will do it?” Jihoon asked Donghan.

“Ah...” Donghan said as he looked at Jihoon, “No, I’ll cut the frog, you just look at the internal organs.” Donghan said.

“Okay.” Jihoon said.

The two of them worked quietly, because everyone worked in chaos, Gunhee and Daehwi’s frog was missing because none of them are willing to dissect the frog and it even hopped on Daehwi’s head and he nearly fainted. Woojin and Hyungseob don’t have any problem, because Hyungseob is willing to look at the internal organs of the frog, while Woojin is good at dissecting the frog. Sewoon and Samuel didn’t encounter any problem since they are both willing to work together.

“Do you need help?” Jihoon asked Donghan and Donghan nodded, he said that Jihoon could pin the legs of those who are already been soaked in formalin and Jihoon willing did those and Donghan was the one who dissected the rest.

 

~

 

When the bell rung for lunch, Sewoon, Samuel, Gunhee and Jinyoung were all excused because they were elected to be part of the committee for the spring festival, while Daehwi was the one who is in charge in the library and Hyungseob was the one in charge in the garden together with Justin. Woojin said that he will just join Daehwi since Daehwi said that he needs to talk to him. So once again, Park Jihoon is alone. But Jihoon was never bothered by that, because unlike when they were in middle school, Jihoon now have someone he can talk to. Jihoon decided to go to the usually spot he hangs out with. The spot where Lai Guanlin loves to go also.

“Alone?” Guanlin noticed Jihoon.

Jihoon nodded as he makes his way behind Guanlin, Guanlin is sitting at the floor in front of the window, he is observing the sky and how the clouds move. Jihoon leaned on Guanlin’s back, so their back are touching each other, Jihoon closed his eyes and let himself drown at the peacefulness.

“Why are you here?” Guanlin asked again and the vibration from Guanlin’s voice is so soothing that Jihoon can sleep while listening to that. “Jihoon-hyung?”

“I like your voice...” Jihoon said, “It sounds familiar, like it is the one that making me feels sleepy when I was a kid.”

Guanlin laughed, “You keep on praising me, are you falling for me hyung?”

But instead of getting an answer, Guanlin felt that Jihoon got heavier, when he looked at little, he saw him already sleeping soundly. Guanlin sighed and smiled, he carefully pulled Jihoon up and made him lean on the wall and sat next to him, but Jihoon’s head dropped on his shoulder and he can’t do anything.

“Hyung...” Guanlin said, “I’m sorry, but I can’t let you remember anything... not yet, not until I know who the person behind your sadness is.”

 

~

 

Yongguk was the one who was really bothered by Guanlin, even Kenta notices it. “Why are you worked up about Guanlin?” Kenta asked.

“Guanlin who?” Taehyun asked.

“Lai Guanlin, a first year student.” Kenta explained.

“What is bothering you?” Sanggyun asked, “He is only a first year.”

“There is something about him, I cannot used my powers against him, aside from Seonho, only him.” Yongguk said, “I think that guy is really dangerous.”

“You can confirm him, we have here, he can see if someone is lying or not.” Taehyun said.

Kenta nodded, “Yes, I can help you.”

Yongguk looked back at his drink, “Sure...” but the thought of Guanlin didn’t leave his mind at all, he is sure Guanlin is familiar, it was not the first time that he saw Guanlin, he is sure about it.

 

~

 

When Jihoon and Guanlin arrived at the dorm house, the first thing that welcomed them was Jinyoung who is really worried, he immediately hugged Jihoon. “I was really scared; we didn’t know where to find you.”

Jihoon smiled, “I just overslept.”

“We went to the infirmary and you were not there, you didn’t answer your phone and most of all you didn’t attend our class in the afternoon, you made all of us worried.” Woojin said.

“I almost went to the Broadcasting Club just to ask them to make an announcement to find you.” Daehwi said.

Jihoon laughed, “You don’t need to go to that extent.” Then Jinyoung let go of Jihoon, but not totally, as his hands were still wrapped around Jihoon’s neck. “You are over reacting.”

“No we don’t.” Jinyoung said, “I was really worried about you, you should have told us, is there anything wrong Park Jihoon? Are you not telling us something?”

Jihoon was at the edge, if it is Jinyoung who is asking him, he can’t tell any lies, Jihoon looked at Guanlin for a little help, and the younger one noticed it. Guanlin nodded, “Hyung was helping me earlier.” Guanlin said gaining the attentions of Jihoon’s friends. “I asked hyung if he can help me improve my Korean while I help him with subjects he can’t understand.”

“Oh...” Woojin said. “You should have said that to us.”

Jihoon laughed nervously, “Y-yeah, next time.”

 

~

 

Yongguk was observing Guanlin at the side, when Hyungseob noticed him and gave him a smile, Yongguk immediately looked away, it is like a reflex, he didn’t know why he looked away but he is sure that if there is something that he should avoid it is Hyungseob’s eyes.

“Are you okay?” Kenta asked.

“Ye-Yes, where are Donghan, Taedong and Hyunbin?” Yongguk asked just to evade Kenta’s question.

Kenta looked at him with a face that seems not believing at his words, “You know you can’t lie to me, I know you always lie to me, but not with this type of situation Kim Yongguk, why are you not okay?” Kenta asked.

Yongguk sighed, “I just felt something weird...” Yongguk looked at Kenta, “I am not lying this time right?”

Kenta smiled, “Yep. How about we go and look for the others, Taehyun will scold us if Taedong will not going to eat again.”

Yongguk nodded, but before the go, he wanted to look one last time at Guanlin, this time, Guanlin caught him and he gave Yongguk a smile. That is how Yongguk’s curiosity was ignited. He will find out who is Lai Guanlin.

 

~

 

When Jihoon arrived at his room, only Seonho was there, Seonho said that Kenta and Yongguk were out with their friends, Jihoon was too tired already, but he doesn’t know why, he slept all afternoon but he is still tired.

“Seonho?” Jihoon asked as he looked at his hands as he trying to reach out something. “You said you have the ability to see the past... Can you see mine?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter