Two

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was nothing worst than the first day of school after the much-needed holiday. The campus was especially busy on the first day since most students would come to check on their schedule for the whole semester or would simply drop by to meet up with their friends to hang out. A group of new students had gathered to receive their orientation which was held by the student council right in front of the library building.

Slipping through the heavily crowded assembly was not at all fun. Joohyun had to endure the numerous stares and constant murmurs from the juniors as she made her way towards the library. Better known as Irene by her friends, she had been renowned for her stunning beauty since her first year which earned her the title 'Miss Popular'. Wherever Irene went, there would always by pairs of eyes fixated on her and sound of whispers following her. Although it had been a daily occurence at this point, Irene never got used to this fact and always felt the need to fasten her pace upon the realization that she was being observed.

Irene immediatelly headed towards the cafe at the side of the building and let out a sigh of relief once she found a place to sit. Looking back at the crowd she had just passed, she could see some of the freshmen were still looking at her in awe.

The library was placed at the center of the university, lined with large panes of glass at the entrance area. It was decorated with some vine trees which wrap themselves around the steel pillars placed just outside the building that provided shades for the cozy terrace of the cafe.

Irene had found, to her delight, a safe space tucked away under the stairs. It seemed that most people never realized the existence of the secluded area or simply chose to ignore it, yet Irene was grateful for the solace it offered that she only shared the knowledge to a few of her friends. The space, albeit small, was large enough for a small gathering and still allowed the occupants to observed their surrounding while facing directly towards the library entrance.

 

"Unnie, you're here?" a familiar voice of a girl called out followed by the appearance of two girls intruding Irene's secret hideout.

"I'm here, Seulgi."

The two girls placed the meals they just bought on the table. "Ah, unnie.. how are you?" Seulgi gave a quick hug before settling down on her seat.

"It was a good holiday. Why didn't you come to the party last weekend?"

"I came! But things happened, so I needed to leave early." Seulgi mumbled her answer, clearly not interested in going into the details.

"Oh, maybe that's why I didn't see you."

"Maybe.." Seulgi smiled before turning to the other girl by her side. "This is Irene unnie, our senior here."

"Nice to meet you, I am Wendy." the girl cheerfully introduced herself and extended her hand towards the older girl.

"Nice to meet you." Irene extended her own hand and smiled at the younger girl.

"Wendy is a transfer student from Canada and my new roommate."

 

Irene had always been extremely shy around new people that it was hard for her to make new friends. She also didn't speak much as she possessed a strong dialect stemming from her hometown; adding fuel to the fact that people had already felt intimidated by her breathtaking visual. It took her quite a while to warm up to others that it was only since last year that Irene started to hang out with her peers.

Irene was thrilled when she found out that SeulGi had come to the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter