Twelve

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why didn't you go with Irene unnie?"

Sungwoo looked at Seulgi who was scrunching up her face with curiousity. "Ah well..."

"I thought you like Irene unnie.. or am I wrong?"

"Shhh! Someone might hear you!" Sungwoo could feel his face heating up from Seulgi's bluntness.

"Oh sure.. Sorry.." Seulgi looked around her cautiously, as if she was checking if there would be anyone between the drunken bunch who would interested in eavesdropping in them both.

"...was I being too obvious though?" Sungwoo asked shyly.

"Your ears got so red when you saw her and you became quiet with her around. So, yeah.." Seulgi gave out a light chuckle.

"Ah.. It is so weird, I just can't seem to talk whenever noona is near." Sungwoo admitted in regret. "But at least I had the courage to ask for her number that one time." he rambled on.

"You did? Really?" Seulgi sounded both surprised and impressed.

"I did! Not bad, huh?" Sungwoo grinned and showed Seulgi his phone.

"Whoaa..." Sungwoo smiled, from Seulgi's reaction he knew that Irene had given her real number.

"But how come you are close with noona?"

"Irene unnie was a part of the dance crew."

"She was?!" Sungwoo almost shouted, thankfully the noise around them prevented his voice from sounding way too loud.

"Shh... yes, she was one of the best actually." Seulgi tried to calm her friend down, which was quite a hard task to do considering she had been laughing at his antique as well.

 

Sungwoo fell silent while Seulgi continued their search for Joy in the park. He had been keeping an eye on Irene for some time now and new revelation had Sungwoo's brain whirring  'Irene Bae used to be a dancer.' The more information he got on his senior, the more he fell in love with her. He often passed by her classes only to observe her from outside of the classroom. Having a reputation like his own definitely had its own perks as he could always make some sort of an excuse to greet his seniors from the same class as Irene. Yet, it never went further than that: a mere admiration from afar without any direct contact with the object of interest.

Considering Irene's popularity, it came to no surprise that Sungwoo was not the only one who was enarmored by her beauty. Sungwoo had kept note every now and then of how many guys had been chasing after her to no avail. Some guys who had professed their feelings for Irene had impressive background: either they were extremely rich, good looking or talented in their own ways. None of them seemed to have succeed in winning her heart; feeding more to both Sungwoo's delight and anxiety.

Sungwoo had seen some of his competition fell one after another which only made him felt worse as time went by. 'If even those guys were getting rejected, what chance do I have with her?' that was the thought which shrouded his head sometime. The thought that perhaps had weighed his confidence down whenever he wanted to initiate a conversation with Irene Bae. Yet, there was still one question left unanswered for Sungwoo.

 

"Um.. Seulgi ya.."

"Hmm?" Seulgi hummed, still focusing herself on the lookout.

"Since you are close with Irene noona, I wonder of one thing.."

"What is it?"

"Do you know if she... um.. I don't know. Have a boyfriend of some sort?" Sungwoo asked hesitantly.

Seulgi looked at hiim with a weird expression before giggling to herself, "Aw.. look at you! You look like a little puppy now!"

"Sh-shut up! I don't look like a puppy!" Sungwoo retaliated quickly.

It took a while for Seulgi to get herself toget

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter