Three

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hoaaahhmm..." yawning sound could be heard before turning into painful grunt.

"Would you pull yourself together, Sungwoo?"

"First off, that hurts." Sungwoo picked up the pen thrown at him. "Secondly, I've been here for 2 hours! Even you gotta admit this is boring!"

 

Ignoring Sungwoo's childish rambling, Namhyuk shook his head. As members of the Student Council, both were required to provide assistance for new students. Unfortunately for Sungwoo, the social butterfly, he got his turn during the lunch break.

Namhyuk was actually impressed that Sungwoo had been doing a bang up job despite usually being easily distracted. Although he was whining of how boring it was, he had managed to help and made friends with some students who came earlier. Sungwoo was specifically elected as member due to his personability, although some of the teachers reluctantly agreed since he loved disturbing classes. Overtime Namhyuk had learned how to 'control' his friend to his advantage.

 

"Just a bit more and you're free to go, buddy. Hang in there." Namhyuk said in a teasing tones.

"Aaah.. geez.. Anyone else gonna come later?"

"Yes. Like your company before, we will have at least two personels standing by here."

 

Sungwoo groaned in frustration. Namhyuk knew that waiting for his shift to end must be killing him. It was alright when they got a lot of students coming in for help, but during quiet time like this Sungwoo would become restless. Namhyuk looked at his friend trying to fight his boredom in vain with the corner of his eyes. He didn't have time to entertain his friend as he needed to get things organized for the Student Council. 

Leaning back on his chair, he averted his gaze from the monitor screen. Sungwoo was spinning around in his chair absentmindedly when Namhyuk suddenly noticed a girl peeking through the door.

 

"Welcome, how may we help you?" Namhyuk's sudden greeting caused Sungwoo to fall from the chair in his surprise. The girl by the door widened her eyes and dropped her jaw looking at the scene. Sungwoo groaned in pain, prompting Namhyuk to step in and help him up.

"I-is this the Student Council?" the girl finally gathered her thought together.

"Yes it is. Sorry for surprising you." Namhyuk replied, followed by grunts from Sungwoo. "Please come in."

"Is he gonna be okay?" the girl still eyeing Sungwoo who was now seated properly behind the table.

"He'll be fine." Namhyuk dismissed her worries, approaching her. "New student?"

"Uh.. yes. I just transfered here into the second year. The school administrator suggested me to see you guys for brief orientation."

"Oh nice. Which major?"

"Music major."

 

Namhyuk looked surprised at the girl's statement. Sungwoo who was listening from his seat also automatically gave out an impressed whistle.

 

"Wh-what's wrong?" the girl looked confused at their reaction.

"Well.." Namhyuk turned around to glance at Sungwoo who had forgotten of his pain before facing the girl again. "I didn't know they ever accepted transfer student for music major. It seemed rare, considering how hard it is."

"Ah, really?" the girl looked a bit concerned. "The screening test was no joke actually. I guess I got really lucky then." she muttered to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter