Nine

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you all ready to ROCK. THIS. PLACE?!”

 

A fervent cheers erupted from the students crowding around the stage in the middle of the park. Irene grimaced as the stage projected some rocket-like explosion all around it. She had her hand grasping tighly for Seulgi in her fear. Seulgi smiled kindly to the older girl and patted her back reassuringly to calm her down. Wendy turned around to check on her as well while Joy had already gone to join the dancing crowd.

 

“It will be alright, unnie. We are not that close to the stage.” Seulgi said.

”The sound is still too loud.” Irene said loudly enough to beat the loud music playing from the stage.

“Will you be okay, unnie? We can go somewhere quieter if you want.” Wendy offered with a worried look on her face.

"You guys should just stay here and safe our spot. I'll be taking a breather for a while." Irene replied, squinting her eyes from the bright light emitted from the lights shooting wildly in all direction on the stage.

 

Wendy and Seulgi looked at each other before finally nodding in agreement to their senior's request. Irene gave them a weak smile and pried herself away from the crowd. Luckily for her, people were so engrossed on the show that no one seemed to care when she made her way out from the crowd.

When she finally got to find a quiet place to have some air, a feel of relief washed through her. Being a homebody, Irene finds the crowd slightly frustrating sometimes. 'How could you enjoy yourself in such a loud environment? What's with all the explosion all around?' Irene shakes her head at the thought as she could still feel her heart beating hard from her previous surprise. 

Irene took a seat on an empty bench beneath the light to rest. A couple students were roaming through the park, some lovers walked hand-in-hand with smiles plastered on their faces. It was a wonderful evening after all as the moon and the stars could be spotted clearly in the sky. Irene felt a refreshing breeze blew passed her face and felt a smile crept on her face. She had always loved watching the sky, it gave her a sense of serenity somehow.

 

*CLICK!*

 

A muffled sound of camera shutter nearby gained Irene's attention. She looked around her to find the source of the sound in between other students who were enjoying the park. Not far from the place she was sitting on was a guy holding a camera, aiming for the sky. 'Oh, that must have been what I just heard before.' Irene thought. The guy wore a black hoodie which blocked his face from view. He took a couple more photos of the sky before moving from his spot and observed his surroundings. He then crouched down beside a tree and took a couple other pictures in that position before finally going in Irene's directions.

 

"Yah! Taegon! Where are you going now??" another guy appeared out of nowhere and jogged to the camera guy who turned around and immediatelly slouched his shoulder in annoyance. “There is a party going on, let’s go!”

’Sungwoo?’ Irene recognized the other guy as the overly cheery guy. “You go ahead, I..” Taegon started but got cut off by the other guy.

”Ey.. you are just gonna take off on your own if you say that. Newsflash: I won’t let you do that.” Sungwoo grinned. “Besides, it’s getting dark now. Won’t it be hard for you to hunt for pictures at this hour?” he added while looking around. The guy cladded in hoodie shook his head and sighed in defeat. “Oh? Irene noona?” Sungwoo looked at her direction.

"Ah, hello.." Irene greets him.

"Why are you here all alone? Are you not joining the party?" Sungwoo jogged closer, practically d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter