Four

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the little 'shock therapy' she received from the Student Council minutes before, Wendy was given a brief tour of the campus. Sungwoo happily hopped off his chair when Namhyuk asked him the favor to Wendy around, showing her the practice rooms and lecture halls in the Music Department.

Sungwoo had to be the friendliest guy Wendy ever met. Along the way he greeted numerous students and staffs in friendly manner. He was really playful as he kept on throwing jokes in his attempt to calm Wendy down. When he didn't have anything to say, Wendy would hear him humming silently with a broad smile on his face.

 

"Thank you so much for dropping by the office. You came in the perfect moment." Sungwoo said while stretching his body.

"I think I should be the one being thankful." Wendy laughed.

"Nonono.. You don't understand. I've been sitting there doing nothing for almost an hour! Hyukie was never the fun one when he has things to look after. If you didn't come to my rescue, I would have gone crazy!"

 

Wendy laughed at Sungwoo's overreaction. He kept the private tour fun for Wendy. It almost felt as if they had known each other for so long. However, there was still one thing bothering Wendy's mind.

 

"So... this friend of yours.." Wendy started.

"Taegon?" Sungwoo cheerily confirmed.

"Yes, Taegon. Why should it be him to be my mentor?"

Sungwoo pursed his lips as he thought up the question for a minute before stopping to reply, "As mentioned before, he is one of the best in Music Major. Most teachers here acknowledge his talent, even those whose class are notorious for killing student's dreams."

"Is he the only one available?" Wendy tilted her head at the guy beside her.

Wendy could see a smirk growing on his face, "There are a lot other good musicians, sure. We could have assigned you to others, but we agreed that he might be your best fit. Besides.."

"...what?"

Sungwoo put on a mischievous smile, "It will be interesting 'forcing' him to have constant interaction with someone for a change."

 

Wendy didn't know how to feel about this arrangement. On one side, she was excited to receive help from one of the top students in campus but on the other side Taegon did not sound like the nicest person to deal with. Unfortunately Namhyuk and Sungwoo were enrolled in different programs, otherwise she would have asked for their help instead. 'But the fact that they were friends should mean that this guy is not a bad guy, right?' Wendy tried to keep thinking about it positively.

 

"Just relax, alright.. I'll introduce you to him and explain the situation." Sungwoo playfully winked at her. Wendy nodded, his constant assurance was starting to convince her that everything was going to be okay.

 

They walked to the recital hall where someone was playing behind the piano as Wendy could see the top of his head swaying along to the melody he was playing through the small window of the closed door. Sungwoo opened the door quietly and the melancholic melody with heavy Jazz influence flew out. He motioned for Wendy to come in then closed the door behind him carefully as not to disturb the solo performance. Both of them listened from a safe distance that Wendy still could not see the face of her assigned mentor.

The song itself sounded sweet and light, but Wendy sensed a hint of sadness behind it. 'He plays it in minor key." she noted. As the song came to an end, Sungwoo started to approach the piano with a slow appreciative claps.

 

"That sounds nice. New song?" Sungwoo asked to which Taegon reply with a hum as silent confirmation.

"What do you want, Sungwoo?" Taegon asked in his low voice as he cleared up his stuffs from the piano.

"I'd like to introduce you to someone." Sungwoo stated cheerfully and gave Wendy a playful wink once more.

"...what for?" Taegon got up from his seat and went towards his friend when he noticed the small girl beside him. He furrowed his brows in an instant.

 

’Ah, this guy!.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter