Five

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright everybody, that's all for today! Remember to start your assignment early!"

 

Sungwoo snapped back his head at the sound of chairs being dragged off by their occupants. 'Dang it!' he cursed in his head as he realized that he had been daydreaming again. Following his classmates, he picked up his stuffs and headed towards the exit where some students were chattering away. He spotted some of his friends waving at his direction, prompting him to approach them with his typical dopey grin.

 

"Hey guys, how are you doing?" Sungwoo asked cheerfully.

"Sungwoo-ya! Good to see you!" one guy immediately gave him a highfive.

"How was holiday? Been doing crazy ?" another guy rested his arm on Sungwoo's shoulder.

"Went out a lot! Been hanging with the dance crew and just going around randomly, you know?"

"Oh, right! Your dance crew almost won on the Summer Dance Competition, right?"

"Yea.. A bit disappointing. But there were a lot of good crew there." Sungwoo answered casually.

"Talking about beating you, here comes the dancing queen." 

 

Sungwoo looked up to see a girl approaching them. It was Kang Seulgi, one of the best dancer in second year. She was also a member of Fireflies, a famous dance crew that just won on the Summer Dance Competition.

 

"Hello!" she greeted with a smile, a girl near her gave her a warm hug.

"Hey, Seulgi right? Congratulations on your winning!" Sungwoo said after the girls were done chatting.

"Oh, thank you. You must be Sungwoo from Rhythm Nations." Seulgi responded.

"I've heard so much about you from these guys! It's a pity we didn't get the same practical class last year. I really hope that we could collaborate somehow."

"I hope you only hear good things about me then." Seulgi let out a laugh. "I also have heard a lot about you."

"Not good ones though." one of the guy teased in a sing-song tone. "Never." the other added.

 

Sungwoo's boiling temper was notorious. It was pretty easy to provoke him into doing something stupid. In fact, he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was young. His parents encouraged him to join many different activities in their attempt to direct his boundless energy more positively and helped him focus. For a while, it seemed to work, he mastered a lot of different sports pretty quickly that he was able to perform in competition. Unfortunately, he got bored with them as soon as he was able to master them as well and it did not really help with his occasional bursts of emotions.

It was only during high school when his interest in dancing started to develop. Sungwoo tried dancing only after being challenged by his friends which he quickly took up out of sheer annoyance. He did not expect to actually enjoy it, especially not to the point where he would pursue a degree in it.

Amongst the dance students, Sungwoo had heard Seulgi's name being mentioned numerous times. Although they shared the same theory classes, Sungwoo had never had the chance to have practical classes with the thin girl. He noticed how strong her stage persona was on the last competition, it was almost intimidating. Yet the girl smiling brightly in front of him now gave out a very different vibes, she sounded so innocent almost to a fault that Sungwoo can't help to think that Seulgi might have two personalities.

As his friends started to disperse, Sungwoo found himself left with Seulgi who seemed to be checking on her class schedule.

 

"What class do you have next?" Sungwoo peered in playfully.

"Ah, practical dance course with Mr. Park at 3 PM." Seulgi pointed out the column of her scheduled class.

"H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter