Fourteen

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you know why I ask you to come to my office?”

 

Taegon looked at the woman sitting behind the wooden desk; the woman he had spent the last 10 minutes or so with only hearing the sound of her heels clacking through the empty hall on their way to the office. She was now looking at him intently with her hands folded neatly on top of the desk.

 

”I have a rough idea.” Taegon replied.

”Good. Then I guess you’ve heard already..”

”I refuse.” Taegon stated shortly, taking her by surprise.

“...and why, if I may ask?” the woman gained her composure and narrowed her eyes at him.

”Because I have no interest in it.”

The woman blinked in disbelief before stating, “You might be the only one in this whole school who would reject such an opportunity.”

 

Taegon opted not to respond. The woman sighed while opening a folder. The folder of his own file, Taegon would assume. She read the files inside it carefully, mumbling the content quietly to herself as she did.

Meanwhile, Taegon took the time to observe the room. It had changed since the last time he visited the dean's office. For one, he noticed two desks facing each other were set up upon entering the room instead of one big desk that was put at the middle of the room for the previous dean.

'Ms. Hwang' he read the name carved on the metal plate set on the desk in front of him. He shifted his gaze upon the stuffs on her desk which consisted of normal office equipments except that it was predominantly pink in color. 'Typical..' he sighed at the choice of such bold color.

 

"So, Taegon.." Ms. Hwang cleared .

"...yes?"

"You are a recipient of the school full scholarship, no?"

"Yes."

"In the document, which you have signed on, it is clearly stated that each scholarship recipient would need to make a contribution towards the school's achievement should any necessary needs arise." Ms. Hwang recited the document.

"I have my condition which I've discussed with the previous dean." he said calmly.

"Well, it is what the previous dean said. The regulation still stated otherwise. Since we have no record of your pre-arrangement before accepting the scholarship, the rule still stands." Ms. Hwang put the document on her desk.

Taegon frowned upon hearing the statement that sounded more like a threat. "And what if I still refuse?"

"Unless it is for any medical reason or unfortunate events beyond your control, unfortunately I will need to cancel your scholarship for the remainder of your time here." Ms. Hwang said with a final verdict in her tone.

"..why are you acting as if I'm the only candidate available for this?"

"Excuse me?"

"You said it yourself, I might be the only student unwilling to do this. Don't you think it's better for you to choose someone who actually want to join this?"

"Of course I know that." Ms. Hwang smiled lightly. "But I specifically choose you on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter