Thirteen

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy woke up to the morning chills that had blown past her room. Seulgi must have gone out early for her practice today, Wendy reasoned to herself while puling the blanket tighter around her body in her effort to fight the coldness. She knew she had only a few hours left before her class started, but the message from her brain was not well received by her fatigued body.

It’s been 2 days after Joy’s drunken adventure. The three older girls had to take care of her hangover the next day that they basically babysitted a giant cranky baby together. While Wendy had taken care of drunken Seulgi before, it was nothing compared to Joy.

Innocent Seulgi was simply hibernating like a baby bear in her room that Wendy only needed to check up on her every couple hours and prepared food for her roommate. On the other hand, Joy whined most of the time of how her head was pounding and how queasy she felt. Thankfully Irene was there; behind her quiet and shy appearance was a brilliant and strong woman who could take charge in an instant. Wendy admired her for that, hoping that she could somewhat gained some part of Irene’s silent confidence the more time they spent together.

Wendy peeked out of her slightly opened curtains, finding out that the sun had shined brightly outside. She let out an exasperated sigh underneath the blanket, knowing that no good would come from delaying the inevitable. Fighting the urge to go back to sleep, Wendy started her day with barely opened eyes.

 

-moments later-

 

Wendy entered the class and claimed an empty seat as her own in the middle row. She set up her stuffs neatly on her desk, greeting a couple of familiar faces who came in through the door. Her classmates came to her, discussing the party last Friday night with glee. It seemed that most people had a good time and managed to enjoy themselves back then. The final performance was a big hit and her classmates could not stop gushing over every single details of the performance. 

 

“Settle down kids, class is about to start.” The voice of their teacher cut their conversation short.

 

The students retuned to their seats and one of her classmate winked at her promising to fill her in on the rest of the story. Wendy smiled brightly and gave a small nod. When she turned to the front, she saw Taegon had just made his way inside the class. He walked briskly and took a seat at the back of the class, not even sparing a glance to any of his classmates.

Last time she saw him, right before they brought Joy back to the dorm, Taegon was observing everything silently behind his friends. While the other two went back to the festival, Taegon had separated himself and walked alone before vanishing in the darkness.

‘Does he even have any friends besides of Namhyuk and Sungwoo?’ Wendy wondered as she took notes on her book. As far as Wendy concerned, Taegon was apparently quite popular amongst the students. Joy, in between of her whining, practically worshiped him over the weekend.

 

“Taegon oppa? He was looking for me?”

”He helped searching for your drunken .” Wendy corrected the younger girl.

“Does he look good in person, unnie?” Joy ignored her previous remark.

“Yah, eat your food and stop talking about boys.” Irene warned her from the kitchen.

Joy took a big bite of her meal before whispering to Wendy once more, “Seriously, unnie. How is he?”

”He completely has no expression on his face, like a robot.” It was Seulgi who whispered back in reply.

“Ah really?” Joy asked, chewing on her food thoughtfully at Seulg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter