One

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was getting dark as the sun has fully retreated from the sky while the moon looked hazy behind the mist. The wind blowed softly, an agreeable breeze that could lull Sungwoo to sleep. He walked faster as he hugged himself closer underneath the windbreaker. Sungwoo took a sharp left and quickly inputed the password he had memorized so well. The dark building immediatelly lit up upon sensing his movements as he made his way towards the second floor. He knocked on the door a few times before deciding that his friends must have not arrived as he reached for the spare keys in his right pocket and let himself in.

Throwing his jacket on the floor, Sungwoo plopped on the couch. 'Now, where the hell are they?' he wondered as his friends rarely come late on an appointment. Glancing at the bedroom door, he checked on it just to make sure that the owner of the flat was not pretending not to be home again.

"Taegon.. are you in here?" Sungwoo opened the door slowly only to find Taegon's empty room. "Damn it.."

Sungwoo went back to the couch and started to place a call on Taegon's phone. The ring went once.. twice.. thri..

"What do you want?" the question sounded more like a statement in a cold sarcastic tone.

"Hello to you too, buddy." Sungwoo said with a grin on his face. "You might want to reconsider letting me be alone in your flat you know." Sungwoo added as he rummaged on the fridge. "Get some beers, Taegon. Seriously.."

A deep sighing sound could be heard from the other end. "On my way. Just stay put." Taegon said in his usual flat tone.

"Hold on!" Sungwoo quckly said. "Namhyuk with you?"

"No." and the line was cut right away.

"Tsch.. this guy..."

 

#KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK#

 

"It's open!" Sungwoo said loudly.

"Sorry I'm late." A slick-haired guy claded in striped black and white shirt came in

"That's fine, but you better pay for the food later, Namhyuk." Sungwoo winked, grinning widely.

"Oh, come on. That's not fair!" Namhyuk voiced his protest. "Look, even Taegon is not here yet!" He added after looking around.

"I'm here." Taegon's voice suddenly heard as he stands by the door. He was holding on some shopping bags. Sungwoo almost parkoured his way towards the door.

"Still, you are the last to come. Sooo..." Namhyuk tried defending himself.

"Beers, snacks.." Taegon's eyes bore into Namhyuk's as he uncover the shopping bags. "Place.." he said pointing to the roof.

"Geez guys.. Way to go to start off a party." Sungwoo returned to the couch with the beers and snacks. "Come on now, it's the last week of our holiday. In two days we're gonna start our second year!" He opened the beer and gave it to Namhyuk before signaling for Taegon to come closer. Taegon took the beer Sungwoo opened for him and sat down on the beanbag at the corner of the room where he sipped on it quietly.

"Do you bring it?" Taegon looked at Sungwoo who quickly reached for his jacket on the floor, producing a spliff out of it. Namhyuk shakes his head and made a disapproving sound which earned him an slap on the back from Sungwoo.

"Shut it, it's not like you're clean either." 

"Well, I don't do it as much as you two!" Namhyuk complained.

"Whatever, order some food now." Taegon demanded Namhyuk before motioning for Sungwoo to head out towards the terrace.

"...alright.. I'll join you later." Namhyuk relented and took out his phone, going to the opposite direction as he started dialing a number.

 

Sungwoo lit up the joint and took a long drag before passing it to Taegon with a huge derpy grin on his face. Taegon gulped down his beer, observing his friend who started to play music from his phone. The wind blowed softly across their faces while people walking briskly on the busy road below. They were shortly joined by their third companion, Taegon handed him the spliff while making a trail of smoky rings to the dark sky.

 

"We should head out around midnight later, heard the seniors are throwing crazy party." Sungwoo started the conversation. "And YOU are going to come." he added, not giving a chance for Taegon to open his mouth. Taegon rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed.

"It might not be a bad thing, you know. Getting to know some of them might be helpful later on." Namhyuk patted Taegon's back encouragingly.

"Yes! Besides, many are asking me about the mysterious Taegon." Sungwoo made a frame out of his fingers, focusing it on Taegon's cold expression. "You being there is going to be a nice surprise."

"Oh geez." Taegon shuddered at the thought, his two friends errupted in laughter seeing his typical anti-social behaviour.

"Exposure towards your own species is pretty much needed, dude." Namhyuk chuckled.

"Listen to smartie here. We'll drag you there, you can bet your for that." Sungwoo said cockily.

 

The three continued their banter as their mind slowly descended into a mild state of haziness. They ate their food and continued drinking heavily, discussing their previous year as freshmen in college.

Namhyuk had quickly established himself as teacher's favourite, managing to hold important position within the student body early into his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter