that damned smile

Seducing the Principal's Son

"He hasn't called?" 

Jimin shook his head. He shoved a grape into his mouth, eyes flickering to the back of the lunchroom to fall upon a familiar mop of black hair. 

"I don't think he's interested." 

Hoseok let out a huff. He pulled his chair closer to Jimin's, only to drape a hand around his shoulder. "I told you. He's a douchebag." 

Yoongi's eyes practically rolled to the back of his skull. "Don't be so quick to judge. Perhaps he's playing hard to get. It's only been a few days." 

"Or perhaps he's playing. Period." Hoseok spat back. 

Jimin chuckled, leaning into Hoseok's arm. He had always been a touchy person and Jimin didn't mind. 

"Whatever the case is, the truth is that I'm still single and still very much ." 

Hoseok snorted. "That makes three of us." 

Yoongi burst into a coughing fit, scrambling for his water bottle. Hoseok watched him with narrowed eyes. Jimin handed the boy some napkins before picking up some more grapes. His eyes subconsciously glanced back towards the back of the lunchroom, pouting. 

 

Jungkook had been waiting for his nonsense heart to calm down before continuing his mission. He constantly watched Park Jimin from afar, studying him and his likes - which included smiling that damned smile of his and drove him half mad - and dislikes. He waited an entire week before reapproaching the boy. 

"Hi Park Jimin." 

Jimin gasped, turning around to lock gazes with familiar brown orbs. 

Jungkook smiled a plastic smile, his crocodile eyes peering into Jimin's. He had rehearsed for this. He had his emotions well under control. 

"Jeon Jungkook." 

Jungkook's grin faltered slightly. He couldn't get over the way his name sounded coming from the boy before him's lips. 

"I missed you." 

Jimin raised a brow. He stepped back, taking his belongings from his locker and turning to properly face the boy. 

"You didn't call." 

Jungkook had expected this momentary apprehension. He had been MIA for a week. It would be strange if the boy accepted him again with open arms. 

"I know. I want to apologize for that." 

Jimin merely pursed his lips, motioning for the boy to continue. 

"I want to apologize for everything. I know my behavior was rude that night. If you would let me make it up to you -" 

"Why?" 

Jungkook's words caught in the back of his throat. He blinked. "Huh?" 

"Why did you behave that way? Why haven't you called?" 

"I can explain." 

"Then do so." 

Jungkook cleared his throat. "I got flustered." 

Jimin frowned. What kind of a bull answer... 

"You make me flustered. I've been with many people." 

Jimin resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Believe me, I know

"But no one has the effect you have on me. I fell for you that night. That's why I avoided you. You scare me, Park Jimin." Jungkook finished his monologue, leaning in to look at the smaller boy. He bit back a smug grin when he saw Jimin's pupils dilate. He had the boy swept of his feet again. Easy

Jimin glanced away from Jungkook's burning eyes. He felt his heart skid a beat. He knew that by then his cheeks had lit up in hues of pink. 

"I'm not a scary person by nature." He joked to lighten to tension. 

Jungkook chuckled lowly. He rested a hand upon the lockers behind Jimin, almost cornering him. 

"You're not. You're cute. Too cute." Jungkook knew those words weren't a part of his scripted dialogue but he couldn't help uttering them anyways. He liked watching Jimin blush. The boy parted his lips to form that cursed smile that drove him borderline insane. Jungkook had to step back and away. 

"I'll call you?" Jungkook chirped with that boyish grin of his before stalking off into the hallways, leaving Park Jimin a flustered mess all by himself. 

 

"No way." Taehyung shook his head. 

Namjoon mimicked him as he restocked the family bar. "Don't even think about it." 

"I don't see why not." 

Seokjin looked up from setting up the snack table. "You must be blind then. There's no way we are allowing Park Jimin into this party." 

"He can't handle it." Namjoon agreed. 

"He's like a little angel. Don't even think about bringing him near the things that'll happen tonight." Seokjin continued. 

Jungkook glared. "This whole thing was your guys' idea, may I remind you?" 

"We were kidding, for Christ's sake." Taehyung spat. 

Jungkook fell into an armchair. "I don't care. It was still your preposition and I'm going through with it. I'm bringing him tonight." 

"When he's wasted out of his mind, throwing up on the side of the driveway, just remember that we warned you." 

Jungkook shrugged. 

 

"No way." 

Jimin screamed into his pillow. 

Yoongi smacked him on the arm. "You're kidding." 

"I think I've somehow managed to come over to an alternative universe." 

"I think so too. You've been invited to Kim Namjoon's party." Yoongi deadpanned albeit being a little excited himself. He rose, digging through Jimin's closet. He had to find the perfect outfit for him to fit in with the popular crowd of their high school. 

Hoseok sat in the corner of the room harboring a deep frown. 

"I don't know if this is a good idea." 

Yoongi took the measures of stepping out of the closet to give the boy a deadly glare. "Don't start, Jung Hoseok." 

Hoseok ignored him. "Isn't it strange, Jimin? Jeon Jungkook, our school's biggest troublemaker, is suddenly completely infactuated by you, the principal's ing son? Something seems fishy." 

"The only thing fishy is your breath Jung Hoseok. Go wash out your sour mouth." 

"You're starting to piss me off, Min Yoongi." 

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it?" 

Jimin held his hands up high. "Stop it. We can't have you two fighting. We have a party to prepare for." 

"We?" 

"Duh. Did you think I'd go to my first - and most likely, last - high school party without my two best friends?" 

 

A/N: Be sure to answer the poll below!