awkward family dinners

Seducing the Principal's Son

"It's a little small." 

Jungkook glanced at his reflection. He was clad in a classic three piece suit. It barely reached his ankles and hugged a little too snug around his shoulders. Granted, it had been purchased for his middle school graduation. It still worked, he figured. 

"It's a lot small." 

His mother chuckled, smoothening the creases on his pocket. "You look handsome nevertheless." 

Jungkook met her gaze through the mirror, his own orbs dancing in apology. 

"I was an that day." 

"Don't curse, Jeon Jungkook." 

Jungkook chuckled. "Are you saying I wasn't?" 

His mother smacked him on the head. "You were." Then she fixed his unkempt hair. "But it's okay because I love you." 

Jungkook grinned, looking himself in the mirror once more. He tsked to himself. He was doing these shenanigans because he wanted to see the look on Principal Park's face not because Jimin's pretty lips had asked him to. Of course not. 

 

"You look handsome." Jimin gushed. 

Jungkook resisted the burning sensation in his cheeks. He shoved a bouquet at his boyfriend - fake boyfriend, he reminded himself. "For you." 

Jimin took the flowers with a smile far too bright for Jungkook to remain unresonsive. He entered the large home reluctantly, wondering if he'd made a mistake. The next moment, Principal Park's face came into view and he fought to keep his smile intact. 

"Mr. Park." 

"Jeon Jungkook." 

Jimin rubbed his nape. He could cut the tension in the room with a knife. "Let's go to the table. I've already set everything up." He urged, wrapping his hands around Jungkook's forearm and pulling him along. His father noticed the subtle skinship and narrowed his eyes. Jungkook on the other hand bit back a smirk. 

"I hope you like oyster soup." Jimin whispered as they sat down. 

In honesty, Jungkook didn't quite like seafood. But how could he say so when Jimin's sparkling eyes were looking at him like that. He gulped. "I love oysters." 

Jimin chuckled and passed him a plate.

For a few moments, they ate in silence and Jimin began to think that perhaps this dinner wouldn't go so wrong. Admittedly, he had been skeptical when his father had asked him two days ago to invite Jungkook for dinner. He began to now think that perhaps his father had finally come around - 

"So Jungkook, tell me about your plans for the future." 

Jungkook looked Principal Park dead in the face. "I don't really plan ahead. I believe in living in the moment." 

Jimin paled. 

"You're saying that you don't think about the future." 

"I do think about it. I just don't like to worry about it. Anything can happen and a lot of times, things are out of our control." 

"Anything can happen? You mean to say that today you like my son and are dating him but you haven't even thought about a future with him?" 

Jungkook clenched his jaw. Jimin held up a hand. 

"Dad. Let's eat first and talk later." 

Principal Park pursed his lips before picking up his spoon. 

"I have thought about a future. Our future." Jungkook interjected. 

Mr. Park raised his brows. "Have you." 

"I don't know what I'll be in the future, don't know about my profession much, or if I'll go to college but I do know that I see Jimin in my future." He continued. The words rolled off his tongue like he actually meant them. Jungkook promised himself he didn't. He couldn't, he told himself as he locked gazes with Park Jimin's. The boy parted his lips to send him a small smile, his eyes holding emotions too deep for Jungkook to handle. He looked away. 

"Sweet words are easy to say." 

Jungkook narrowed his eyes. "Then you must say them often to your wife?" He spat, knowing he was hitting a weak spot. Principal Park didn't have any pictures of his wife on his desk nor did he ever speak of her. Everybody talked about it, how his wife had probably left him because he was such a sore. 

The words hung in the air. Jungkook glanced at Jimin, who was no longer smiling. 

"I would if I could. I wish I could." Principal Park simply responded after a long pause. "Enough. Let's eat." 

Jungkook felt a bitter taste on his tongue, wondering perhaps if he'd gone too far. 

 

"Good night." Jimin smiled as he walked Jungkook to the door. The troublemaker didn't miss, however, that it didn't reach his eyes. He hollowed his cheeks. 

"I'm sorry. I may have been a little disrespectful. I don't get along with your father." 

Jimin chuckled. "I know that. It's alright." 

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." 

"You meant to hurt his." Jimin retorted. "By speaking about my mother." 

Jungkook couldn't look the boy in the eye. . . . He'd ed up. 

"I know what the rumors say." Jimin continued. "That my mom ran away." 

"Jimin, I'm sorry -" 

"It's not true." The smaller interrupted. "She didn't run away." 

Jungkook watched as Jimin's sparkling eyes dimmed down. 

"She died." 

Jungkook wanted to hang himself for being such an insensitive idiot. Jimin must've seen the look on his face because he chuckled the next moment, the sadness disappearing from his eyes. 

"You didn't know. It's okay." 

"I'm sorry." Jungkook could only say. "I'm so sorry." He couldn't form sentences. His body acted on its own, pulling Park Jimin closer and wrapping his hands around him. "I'm sorry, Jimin. I'm a ing idiot." 

"You're not a ing idiot." Jimin giggled, burying his face in the crook of his boyfriend's neck. "A little inconsiderate but not an idiot." 

Jungkook closed his eyes and cursed his tongue. "I'm sorry." 

"Stop saying that!" 

Jungkook didn't know what else to say. He wasn't thinking straight when he blurted out the next sentence. "I - I lost my dad too." 

Jimin pulled back, to look him in the eye. "What?" 

"He's not dead. He left me. He left my mom and I years ago." Jungkook's brain urged him to stop. Why the  was he sharing personal information with Park Jimin? You don't show your cards to your enemies and Park Jimin was the ing enemy's son! 

Jimin wrapped a hand around his cheek. "I'm sorry about that, Jungkook." He whispered. "I'm sorry our pasts are similarily tragic. At least we have each other now." He quirked, smiling that dazzling smile and leaning closer before his lips were on Jungkook's, dancing. 

Jungkook closed his eyes, leaning forward and deepening the kiss. He couldn't help it. The warning signals from his brain were being overridden again and again and when he opened his eyes to meet Jimin's effervescent orbs, he realized that he'd fallen in too deep. 

 

Jungkook knocked twice. 

"Come in." 

The troublemaker clenched and unclenched his sweaty palms before stepping inside. 

"Principal Park." 

The man looked almost alarmed to see the troublesome boy bow.

"Jeon Jungkook." 

"I'm here to apologize." Jungkook spoke, his voice strained. "About last night." 

Mr. Park gaped. 

"I was out of line. I shouldn't have said something so insensitive. I'm sorry." 

Jungkook wondered if his fists would go black and blue from being clenched so hard.