Fallen -In denial-

My Princess

"U…U…Umma…" I cried.
No. She can't leave me alone. Umma, you can't leave me alone.
My hands trembled while I tap on Kyu Hyun's number. Holding onto my phone, I ran out of the room. I need to see her now.
The Western Corridor. Please tell me someone is still awake.
Kyu Hyun…Please pick up the phone.

{Kyu Hyun POV}
"Na na na nanana~" (A/N: It's disco drive, kyu's message tone)
The both of us stopped and separated.
"Vernesa." My phone flashed.
"Who is it?" Ga Eul asked as she came forward, "Oh. Vernesa. Never mind her. Let's continue."
What was I doing? I'm married.
"I'm sorry. I have to go."
What the hell was I thinking?

{Ga Eul POV}
I stood at the same spot that we left at and looked while he slowly vanished from my sight.
I can't help but allow myself to reveal that victorious smirk
"We got it all on tapes. The pictures were nicely taken as well."
I smiled. Kyu Hyun, you have stepped into my trap.

{Vernesa POV}
"Unnie, don't worry." Cassandra comforted while she passed me another tissue, "Junsu oppa can you drive faster?"
"Speed limit," Junsu answered, "But I will try my best. Don't worry Vernesa."
"O-okay." I sobbed, hugging Cassandra closer.
Thank god she was still at the main hall when I reached. If she wasn't there, I wouldn't know what to do.
"Si Xian unnie, please tell the queen what happen. Please and thank you!"
Cassandra then nodded while listening to her phone, "Nicole, Hee Chul and Dong Hae….Yes Unnie. Okay. Bye."

{Cassandra POV}
I looked at Vernesa unnie again. She was still crying, her hands trembling.
I shifted myself closer and comforted her, "Unnie, everything will be alright."
Her hands continued to tremble; her left hand holding firmly to her hand phone.
This isn't good. I glanced up at the rear mirror to see Junsu oppa looking at the both of us.
"Kyu Hyun." He mouthed.
I shook my head lightly in respond. If Kyu Hyun oppa did call, she might not come to the Western Corridor for our help. Kyu Hyun oppa would have probably told her what to do.
If only he was here.

We arrived at the hospital a few minutes later. Vernesa unnie ran towards her appa - I suppose - who quickly comforted her in his arm.
"Is she okay?" Nicoke unnie asked with Hee Chul oppa beside her.
I shook my head and sighed. 
"Where is Dong Hae?" Junsu oppa then asked.
He told me he is going to buy something before coming." Hee Chul answered, "Vernesa looks really bad."
I nodded. Dong Hae oppa better have something up his sleeves.

{Dong Hae POV}
"Umma." She mumbled.
She was asleep, sitting on a chair while resting her hand on the bed her mother was resting on.
*You better take good care of unnie since you offered to stay! Junsu oppa will be here later to take over!*
Cassandra must love her a lot, just like me.
I walked towards her quietly and gently her head when I was beside her.
"Umma, don't leave me alone…" She cried.
"I would not you alone. Don't cry." I mumbled. I wanted so much to prevent her from crying.
"Kyu Hyun…Help me…"
Kyu Hyun again. He didn't answer her desperate calls just now yet she is still thinking about him.
"Why can't you see that I can treat you better than him?" I mumbled.
Her grip on the blanker tighten, "No…"
I couldn't help but wrap my arms around her gently.
I must protect her from harm at any cost.

{Cassandra POV}
"Kyu Hyun oppa!" You have finally decided to pick your phone huh?" I yelled into the phone.
"I'm sorry. I was asleep. Did anything happen?" Kyu Hyun oppa answered, sounding annoyed.
"Kyu Hyun oppa, didn't Vernesa unnie called you yesterday? Why didn't you pick it up or return the call?"

{Kyu Hyun POV}
"I'm busy." I lied.
"Do you know what unnie is going through?! Yesterday her umma was sent to ICU(Intensive care unit)! She was so helpless! You were the only person she called, believing that you will pick up the phone. She was crying so badly with her hand holding tightly to her phone when she arrived at the Western Corridor. So what if you are busy oppa? Can't you spare a minute calling unnie?" She scolded.
So that was why she called me. I sighed while the events that happen last night replayed in my mind. At least she wouldn't know what happen. 
"Okay, I will call her now. Is that okay?"
"You better!" Cassandra yelled before cutting the call.

{Vernesa POV}
"Vernesa, breathe. Don't cry." Junsu comforted.
I couldn't stop myself. I woke up with nurses pushing me away from my umma while the doctors rushed into the room.
"Everything will be alright." Junsu continued.
"B-but before they left, I heard them saying that her chance of survival is low." I mumbled.
"Cool down. Try believing in miracles."
At that moment I heard the sound of the operating theatre's door open followed by footsteps.
I rushed to the doctor immediately.
It was as if I was in a dramatic scene of a drama series. The doctor gave the same depressed and troubled expression while shaking his head. 
The same words, "I'm sorry."
Like every female lead, I cried and yelled.
"Calm down Vernesa." Junsu held me up slowly while I struggled, causing my phone to slip out of my pocket.
"Can we go in to see her?" Junsu asked.
The doctor nodded slowly, "Yes."
"Let's go." Junsu mumbled while we walked towards the operation theatre.

"Neorago~"

The body I saw was pale and cool. The warmth was slowly escaping. That was my umma.
"Appa…" I sobbed, hugging him closer while crying.
"She is in a better place now." He mumbled, his eyes b with tears.
"She is not gone yet. She is sleeping." I rebutted between sobs.
I didn't want to believe that she's gone. I rather be in denial than to accept the truth. There are so many things that I have not shown or done with her. I have not brought her to the palace. I have not introduce the wonderful people I have met there.
I have not introduced Kyu Hyun to her. Kyu Hyun, where are you?
"Kyu Hy-…" Before I could complete my sentence I out.
"Vernesa!"

{Dong Hae POV}
"Umma, don't do that." I said, looking at the draft of a news article one of her friends wrote, "This will hurt her."
"I'm sorry Dong Hae but this is just part of our battle plan." She answered, smiling at the article.
The article contained pictures of Vernesa crying and her mother. It was all about the death of her mother. If this was publish, people around her would know, talk and ask her about it if they see her.
"Umma, please. I'm begging you." I repeated. I can't afford to let this happen.
"Cause you, you are so beautiful~"
Nicole?
"Annyeong. Did anything happened?" I asked.
"Oppa! Unnie fainted! Hee Chul is sending me there now. Are you coming?"
My heart skipped a beat, "Yes. I will be there soon."
"See you there soon oppa." And the line was cut.
This article must not be published. It would probably kill her when she is so weak now.
I got on my knees, "Umma, I'm begging you. Don't publish this."
Her eyes widen, "Dong Hae, get up! It wouldn't be nice if other people saw this."
"D-Dong -" "Let me protect her this time umma. She will not be able to take the blow."
She sighed, "Fine. This time only."
I smiled at her and answered, "Thank you umma! I will be going off now!"

{Min Ja POV}
I sighed while Dong Hae ran out of the room.
He was just like his father, willing to do anything for his love.
I deleted the article, it wasn't exactly true that I was going to publish it anyway.
Dong Hae, umma is sorry but that was a decoy.
The real article that is going to be published isn't this but something that is much worse.

{Kyu Hyun POV}
"Sire, bad news." Lee Teuk said.
I turned to him, "Bad news?"
Come to think about it, she has not returned my call. Something must have happened.
"Her highness is in the hospital now."
For a moment, I went blank. Was she okay?
"Inform the king and queen that I will be going back. Get the air tickets back to Korea as soon as possible."
Looking at my respond, Lee Teuk smiled.
"Is there anything else?" I asked.
"It is nice to know that you are worried about her highness." He answered with a smile.
"She is my wife after all."
"Are you worried only because she is your wife?" He asked, frowning a little.
"Not really. Have I not told you about how I feel?"
He shook his head.
"I have fallen for her somehow."