Lucky -Something that I want-

My Princess

{Dong Hae POV}
" Cause you, you are so beautiful~"
I picked up my phone.
"Why didn't you pick up the phone just now?"
"I didn't hear my phone ringing just now." I lied.
"Where are you now?"
"Erm, I'm at the dog shelter."
"Who are you with? You're supposed to be here two hours ago."
"I'm with Vernesa." I answered.
"What? What are you doing with her? Dong Hae, our war with the palace has just started. Don't rush and do anything."
Wait. Is she thinking that I'm kidnapping Vernesa?
"Umma, it is not what you're thinking. I'll explain it to you at home. I will be sending her back first. Can you do a favour as well?"
"What is it?"
"Inform the queen that I brought her to visit you."
"I know what to do."
"Thank you Umma."
And she ended the phone call. At least Vernesa she wouldn't be blamed or scolded this time round.
"Did anything happen?" She asked.
I shook my head. I will do anything for your smile.

{Kyu Hyun POV}
"Sire are you okay? Are you still able to continue with the plans ahead? You look really tired. I can arrange to stop all the events for you to rest until dinner." Lee Teuk suggested.
Firstly, this place was seriously a little too warm for comfort. Secondly, I thought my popularity was only in Korea. I didn't expect people from Singapore to know me either.
"It's okay. I can still go on." I answered.
"Bu-" "It's okay. I can help him. Don't worry about him."
Ga Eul?
"Oh your highness. I shall take my leave first then." Lee Teuk said before leaving as alone.
"Why are you here?" I asked
"Do you unwelcome me?" She asked back.
"No. Just curious." I mumbled before paying attention to the guide again.
Weird. I thought I was the only one send for this. I don't remember Si Won saying that Ga Eul is coming too.
"Well," She whispered, "I came because I thought you would be lonely."
I snorted when I heard that.
Was this the person who dumped me two years ago?
*Kyu Hyun, I deserved better.*
I shrugged.
"What's wrong?" She asked as her arms s around my waist which cause goosebump.
"Ga Eul, enough. We're over. You should know better than to do this in public." I said while I pushed her arms.
I turned to the guide, "We'll continue tomorrow."
The best form of defense now is to head to my room.

{Dong Hae POV}
"You shouldn't even be in school today. I know you dislike what I'm doing so I wanted to spend some time with you to let you know my reasons."
"Umma, there is a reason why I'm doing all this." I said.
She nodded and gestured me to explain.
"I like her Umma. No. It probably isn't like anymore. I'm in love with her." I explained.
"You love her?" She snorted, "Are you crazy? She's your cousin's wife now! What do you see in her?"
"I don't care. I don't know. When I see her, I just want to protect her. I don't care what others said. Though she isn't form a rich and famous family, she is the one that my caught my heart." I answered.
I knew I wasn't crazy. "She is mine in the first place Umma." I added.
"Omona. Dong Hae ah, like I've said. The war has just started. Please tell Umma you're lying. Please." She said
"Umma, since I was young, I've always listened to you. Even though we were in Canada, I know you still couldn't forget your life in the palace so I went back for your sake but now, I finally found something that I want, something that only I can have umma. Can you not take that away from me?"
I don't want to lose Vernesa. I decided I would do anything. Anything just to get her.
"There are so many better girls out there. Dong Hae, umma can't let you do this. It would ruin your position in the palace. Don't do it."
I closed my eyes and held back tears while memories of my father flashed in my mind.
"Umma, appa once told me that I must work hard to get what I want. I want and I am working hard for it now. So please don't stop me umma."
*Dong Hae, you must remember. If you want something, work hard for it. If you listen to appa, you'll be right.*
Before tears could form, I stood up and left for my room.
It isn't a choice to make her mine anymore. It is a must now.

{Vernesa POV}
"Your highness, are you going to the western corridor for dinner today?" Jessica asked while she arranged my clothes.
I shook my head while I switch on the laptop, "Nope."
I spun myself around with the chair while I stared at my hand phone, waiting for the laptop to start up.
"Are you okay your highness? You don't seem like your cheerful self today." Tiffany asked while she cleaned the windows.
"You have a long day tomorrow too. Are you tired?" Jessica asked again.
My two assistances were turning naggy which made me happy somehow. It just shows that they were worried for me. 
I placed down my phone and went back to the laptop, "Kyu Hyun…"
"Oh…Our crown princess misses our crown prince." The both of them teased.
It hasn't even been a day since I last saw him but my heart seems to be yearning for him. My mind never fails to replay him in my thoughts once in a while. My ears were eagerly waiting to hear the sound of my ringtone while my eyes would eagerly scan the screen to see if his name was the one flashing.
Am I that hopelessly in love?
I sighed while I log on my messenger.  It was so long since my last log in and …KYU!
Kyu is online! He's online!
Oh wait. Would he be angry that I didn't reply his letter?
I thought for a moment but I brushed it off immediately. I clicked on him and typed 'hi' to him.

{Kyu Hyun POV}
[V says: Hi!!! I'm sorry that I did not reply your letter! Many things happened and my life is totally different now. How have you been doing?]
V? I turned to my laptop immediately. The end of my lips lifted themselves naturally.

{Vernesa POV}
[Kyu says: I'm fine. I'm so happy to see you online again! Seeing that you're online would mean that you got a laptop or computer now. It's okay. Even if you did write back, it will take me awhile to answer.]
He answered me! Yes! It's so long since we last talked! He must be busy these days. Thank you laptop! You're the best thing that the royal family has given me!

{Kyu Hun POV}
[V says: Yup! Oh…Are you busy now?]
As usual, the V who is always worrying and placing other before herself. I smiled. As usual, she is able to make me smile.

{Vernesa POV}
[Kyu says: I'm okay. Don't worry about me. Come to think about it, what has changed in your life? It must be really good]
As usual, the Kyu who wants me to take care of myself more. Good? Not exactly. There were good and bad. I get to meet more people and I also got to know Kyu Hyun…

{Kyu Hyun POV}
[V says: I don't think I'm allowed to say much about it but it has allowed me to meet many nice people. I have weirdly fallen for a guy that I've met. Though we didn't start of well…We seems to like one another but recently he is away for something. I find myself missing his presence a lot so I guess that confirms my feeling…]
New friends? That is nice. She always had a problem of making the right friends. A crush? That was unexpected but well, I am having one too isn't it?
It was nice that her life is turning out better though.

{Vernesa POV}
[Kyu says: That's nice to know. Don't worry. I know how you feel. Right now I am constantly missing a person as well.]
Does that mean he has fallen for someone too? Things are turning out so well for the both of us!
"Your highness, I'm sorry for interrupting but you must go to bed now. It will be a long day for your tomorrow so please rest early." Jessica said.
I turned to the laptop then to her, "One last sentence?"
Jessica nodded.

{Kyu Hyun POV}
[V says: I'm sorry but I got to go! I will come online soon! Bye! Dx]
Before I could type back a reply, she went offline. Well, at least now I know that she's doing better. I don't have to worry about her.
The guy who she is in love must be so lucky. V is a really nice girl and hopefully he will treasure her well.

{Vernesa POV}
"Good night your highness. Rest well." Jessica and Tiffany bowed before leaving.
Whoever that Kyu is in love with is so lucky. That girl must be the luckiest girl in the world to be loved by such a nice guy.
"Neorago~"
I grabbed my phone immediately.
[Sleep early. It's going to be a long day for you tomorrow. Night.]
I half smiled after seeing that it was Dong Hae.
Maybe I wasn't as lucky as the girl who Kyu likes.