Arranged Marriage -What will you do if you were me?-

My Princess

"Sung Rin, help me with this."
"Sung Rin, pass me that!"
"Where is the pencil I told you to buy?!"
"Yes…Yes. I'm coming!"
Yes. Correct. This is the life of the average 18 years old in school.
I had no life. 
"Sung Rin, clean this for me."
I did not have anything on everyday unlike any other average person.
"You see. I'm busy today so clean the class for me."
Basically, I don't even think I know myself because my life so far has all been about other people.
Was there a day I would ever find a place I shine?
"The royalties have arrived!"
I turn to the class door to see my classmates running down in a hurry. The royalties consist of Kyu Hyun – the crown prince -, Hee Chul, Jong Hyun, Chang Min- the princes – together with Nicole, Cassandra and Si Xian. These seven were royalties from the palaces. They were the reason why our school's windows are bullet proof. It was almost too obvious they were royal blood. To majority of us, they look perfect. The perfect eyes, the perfect hair, the perfect body, the perfect face… whatever. You name it, they have it. This group of 7 was always spotted together with Kyu Hyun being left out most of the time. Chang Min And Si Xian. Jong Hyun and Cassandra. Hee Chul and Nicole. 
See why he's left out?
Sure they have friends but most of them were from the richer families.
"Kyu Hyun oppa! I love you!"
I sighned and started drawing on my table. Kyu Hyun, being the only one "vacant" receive these open confessions often. Plus the girl he gets to go with might be the future crown princess. Who wouldn't want that chance?
I look out of the class again, curious of Kyu Hyun's reaction. As usual, he brush off their confession by faking ignorance.
If being royalty was this easy, it seems fun to give it a try.

"I'm home!"
"Welcome home…"
I went to the kitchen to see my mother trying to cook. I drop my bag and run to help her.
"Umma! You're suppose to rest!"
She started to cough, "I wanted to cook for you…"
I shook my heard and guide her to the sofa, "Just rest…"
I'm the only daughter in the family, living with both my parents. My mum has been diagnosed with cancer since last year. Due to her expensive medical bills, my father have been trying hard to earn more money.
"There's a new letter for you. Your father place it on the dining table."
I smiled. It must be from Kyu. No. It's not the crown prince Kyu Hyun but an online buddy I met before I sold my laptop. Kyu have been the only person who acknowledges my presence on Earth other than my parents. Yes. I wish there could be a day where I could see him but well, he said that he can't arrange a meet up. 
Oh well, it's good enough just to have a pen pal.

"Eh Kyu Hyun, you heard about it?"
Kyu Hyun turned to Hee Chul, puzzled.
"The elders are arranging your marriage!" Cassandra answered. Kyu Hyun sighed. He knew this arranged marriage thing was coming- sooner or later – and he had never once liked this idea. 
"Well, I hope this girl will get along well with us." Si Xian continued, "It's been long since we had any new friends."
Chang Min smiled and nodded, " It's even longer since he liked anyone."
"I do like someone but I know we're impossible." Kyu Hyun argued.
"Is that the pen pal, Kyu Hyun oppa?" Nicole asked. Kyu Hyun just look away, refusing to answer.
"Yea. It should be her. His face tells it all." Jong Hyun answered.

The sound of the door bell could soon be heard. I drop my pen and went out. It wasn't often that we get guests or even visitors.
I open the door to see my father and two well dressed man. 
"Appa, they are?"
Before my father could answer, they bowed and answered, "We're from the palace."
My eyes widen. P-palace?! Did my father offend them? 
He then brought me in and whispered. "Bring you mother to the living and prepare tea."

As instructed, I brought my mum out then prepare and serve tea.
"The both of you must be the parents of Sung Rin. Is that correct?"
"Yes. What bring you here today?" My father asked, assisting my mother with her tea cup.
One of them then brought out a piece of paper, "I believe you know that one of your ancestor was royalty.
"Yes. What about it…?" My mother asked.
This was something I never knew. I was part royalty. Why didn't anyone told me that?
"He was a good friend to the previous Emperor and they had arrange for both their grandchildren to be married," He then brought the paper forward, "It is written in this paper."
I almost drop the tray when I heard this. They must be kidding. I don't remember anyone telling me Grandpa was part royalty. Okay. Even if they did, I have long forgotten about it.
"You don't have to answer us now. You have two days to think about it." The both of them then stood up, "We'll be leaving first."
"Thank you. I shall see you out."
God. I need to register this. It's causing my whole system to lag.
"Sung Rin…"
I turn to my mother and rush to her side immediately, "Yes?"
"You head that just now right?" She asked."
I nodded, "Yes."
"This…might have answered the question you once asked me." She said, coughing between her words.
"Question?" I asked.
She nodded weakly, "You asked me why there were royalties visiting your grandfather's funeral. Remember?"
I nodded, I sort of remember a question like that.
"It was your grandfather's wish for you to marry into the royal family." She mumbled. I was puzzled now. Why would my grandfather want me to be a part of the royal family?
"When you were young, you once told him that you wanted to live in the palace thus he requested from the previous Emperor."
Was it just me or do I sound or seem really 'big shot'?
My father then came in and pats me on the head, "We wouldn't force you. We're leaving the decision up to you."
I spin my pen, wondering what Kyu would do if he was involved in an arranged marriage. I then wrote, "I know this is weird but I'm half royalty! I wonder if I should enter the palace…What would you do if you were me Kyu?" 
I read it again and end up erasing the sentence.


[Kyu Hyun's POV]
I sneezed and heard someone knocking on the door. 
Lee Teuk.
"Sire, the arrangement of your marriage has started." 
I signed, "I know."
Lee Teuk is my advisor. He plans my schedules and assists me with my duties. 
"We have found the girl which your grandfather has chosen."
So soon. So soon.
"We are currently waiting for her answer. If all is well, she will come for a visit on Saturday."
"I have to meet her too?" I asked.
Lee Teuk nodded, "Yes Sire."
"Thank you Lee Teuk. You are dismissed."
I picked up my PSP and stared out of my window. 
What will do if you were me V?