Deepest wounds

HIATUS - The Seoul Institute

The days after the attack went by in relative silence. Jungkook have not gotten any new mission so his injuries could heal faster, but that also meant that he was locked inside the Institute. He was always able to make the best out of his free days in Idris, but he did not have anyone to hang out in Seoul.

The boy would not tell anyone, but he was not the best at making friends. He was taught that a shadowhunter cannot be shy. His parents had been emphasizing this thing constantly, when little Jungkook had been hiding in his room whenever guests came over. He was certainly braver now, but he still did not interact with people unless it was absolutely necessary.

Based on this information it was given that Jungkook spent most of his time in his room, away from the other inhabitants of the Institute. The room was old, ugly and did not have wifi nor signal, but it was still better than actually socializing. 

He was not a big fan of reading, but after two days of doing nothing he eventually reached for the old book resting on the shelf of his room. The volume was thick and old with its yellow papers and faded cover not to mention the story itself. Still Jungkook found himself completely engrossed in the plot after just a few chapters.

The protagonist was on the right track to solve the case, and Jungkook was so immersed that he has not even realized when someone came into his room. He only looked up, when someone called his name, but it was all too sudden so he could not help it when he flung the book in the direction of the intruder.

Luckily for Taehyung's quick shadowhunter reflexes he caught the novel before it reached his face. Despite the possible injury the boy started laughing uncontrollably which made Jungkook blush in embarrassment. He tried to conceal it though. He had a reputation to uphold after all.

"What are you doing here?" He spat brusquely.

"Honestly, when you attacked me with the book I've lost every thought, but give me a minute and I'll figure it out." The elder replied in a cheerful manner.

Jungkook just rolled his eyes, but surprisingly did not throw out the other boy.

"Ah, I got it! I wanted to ask how are you doing." The elder smiled then sat down on the bed next to the younger. 

"Seriously?" Jungkook frowned. "I thought you had a better reason to break into my room."

"Well, sorry for ruining your little book club here." He tossed the book over Jungkook. "But I've just wanted to know how are you holding up. It's never easy to lose someone you love."

"What are you talking about?" The younger asked but his calm composure was all fake, and Taehyung knew it.

"I saw how you looked at Dahyun's body. She was more to you than a simple acquaintance from Idris."

Jungkook wanted to protest, but Taehyung was right.

"What do you want me to say? That I miss her? That I'm sorry for arguing with her all the time? That she was like my older sister?" Jungkook scoffed, but the tears streaming down his face betrayed him.

Jungkook was ready to wipe them off and come up with some lame excuse, but Taehyung was faster as he pulled the boy closer into a tight embrace. Although the two boys were more or less the same height the weird angle made Jungkook's head rest on Taehyung's chest. The other boy's calming heartbeat and the way he was his hair made the younger give up on the last straw of pride, and started to cry wholeheartedly.

"Shh. It's okay, don't hold yourself back!" He encouraged and for the first time in his life Jungkook listened to him.

"Dahyun noona was always looking after me and Jungran, when we were little. She was always scolding me for breaking the rules, but she never told the adults about it. She was like a part of our family. She didn't have parents so she was living at the Academy, but she was the brightest person I've ever met. I never told her, but when I was little I used to wish she were my real mother. I remember, when she told me she had fallen in love with a mundane during her mission in Seoul. She said she was going to marry him and live with him here. I remember how angry I was. I said a lot of mean things to her and told her I don't want to see her ever again. I knew how much I was hurting her, but I never apologized. Later Jungran told me how Dahyun cried because of me, but back then it made me proud. I thought I was right. I still don't understand her point, but if I knew that it was the last time seeing her alive I wouldn't say those things again."

"I'm sure Dahyun forgave you. Based on what you said she loved you, and I think she knew that you love her too." Taehyung consoled him.

"How could she know? I never told her." Jungkook rubbed his eyes.

"Some things don't need to be said out loud for others to know."

"You think so?" The younger sat up.

"I know." The elder smiled at him.

"Thank you." Jungkook murmured, but Taehyung heard it and grinned at the boy.

"Anytime, but I hope you won't need this kind of talk again, though." He replied with a gentle smile.

The pleasant atmosphere was ruined moments later by sharp knocking then Hoseok's head popped into the room.

"Jungkookie! You have a visitor!" He announced which made the youngest snap back into reality. His soft expression morphed into his usual stoic face as he looked at Hoseok.

"Don't call me Jungkookie. Who's looking for me?"

"It's a surprise! Your visitor is waiting for you in the lounge. Oh, and Taehyung! Minho was looking for you. He said you haven't answered your phone."

"I better call him back then!" He jumped up and in the next moment he was out of the door.

Hoseok could not explain the dark expression on Jungkook's face, but before he could have asked about it the boy also left the room.

Jungkook was hoping it was Jungran who came to visit him, but to his biggest disappointment Park Jimin was the one, who waited for him in one of the upholstered armchairs.

The lounge was not the most elegant place to begin with, but with the graceful warlock's presence it looked even worse.

"What do you want?" Jungkook asked with a frown. 

"Good afternoon to you too." Jimin smiled. "I was curious about your recovery."

"It's not your business."

"Well, I've literally saved your life so I think it's partially my business." The warlock said.

"From the moment I left your apartment we have nothing to do with each other." Jungkook objected. 

"Actually, I don't think it's the end of our relationship."

"What do you mean?" The younger asked confusedly.

"Everything has its time. That was all for today, but if you want something you know where to find me!" Jimin winked at him then skipped out of the room.

He did not feel the need of using the elevator. He could have opened a portal easily to go home in a second, but Jimin did not like easy solutions. Anyway he noticed from the lounge's window that despite the autumn cold the sun was shining, and he wanted to take a walk in the city.

There was still that smile on his face while he was walking down on the stairs to the first floor. He was thinking about Jungkook's confused face, and it just made his smile bigger. The warlock ran his fingers - there were some rings on them - through his blonde locks, but before he could have continued his way on the stairs he saw something.

There was a tray at one of the doors. He looked around in the unusually quiet corridor, and approached the tray. It seemed untouchable; there were different kind of delicious looking foods, with a glass of water and a cup of black coffee. Besides these he found a little light pink paper too that was glued to the cup. The man leaned down and lifted the tray, reading the words on the note.

If you don't eat it then you will starve to death, and then I will hit you.

Be the hope with you.

XoXo

Your hope.

He had no idea who was the addressee of it, but it would have been a shame to waste this gift, so Jimin knocked on the door. He just waited and waited, but he did not get any reaction. The man tried to open the door, but it was closed. Why would anybody close his bedroom in the Institute?

Jimin thought he should give up and not care about the businesses of the shadowhunters, but in the end he snapped his fingers, the silvery sparks surrounded the knob and the lock that made a sound, and now Jimin entered the room with confidence.

It was a long time ago, when he saw a grey and dark place like this. He looked around in the bedroom with a disappointed look; there was no light even around the window because of the curtains. His gaze quickly moved through the simple furniture, then it stopped at the boy, who was sitting at the desk.

There was nothing else to hear but the keyboard's rhythmic melody as the shadowhunter's fingers were dancing on it. Jimin took a deep breath and with another smile he approached the boy in the black hoodie, who was wearing a big headset too, so he could not hear when the warlock had entered the room. He stopped behind him and guided his gaze from the black haired boy to the monitors. It seemed he was fighting in a battle in a computer game, while another monitor's screen was black, and on the third one he saw security camera recordings.

It was not that interesting to Jimin, so he carefully put the tray down on the almost empty desk. As he leaned down his arm touched Yoongi's, who jumped and shouted loudly:

"What the ?!"

He immediately looked up to the warlock next to him, and removed the headset after he stopped the game with a simple press on the keyboard.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well, actually we can say it's a patient visit, and..."

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" rectified Yoongi, not even waiting for the other's complete explanation.

"Oh, here? I saw this before your door, and I have a feeling it's yours."

Yoongi slowly looked at the tray and everything that was on it. He read the pink note too, and he made a tired grimace. The boy, rolling his eyes, looked back to the warlock, who was standing before him, because he could turn to him in his swivel chair.

"How did you come in?"

"Are you serious?" Jimin laughed at the question, and he already lifted one of his hands; silvery sparks appeared around his fingers, and the door that he left open was now closed.

"Okay, if you finished your little show and the patient visit, you can leave." Yoongi cleared his throat, and he wanted to put his headset on again, when he heard Jimin's laughing voice.

"I can see how busy you are with killing trolls" leaned closer to the monitor.

Yoongi moved away a little bit with the chair, when he noticed that how close the warlock's face was to his.

"Can I have a question?" He did not want to be too obvious, but it seemed he cannot communicate in another way with Yoongi.

"Will you leave me alone after that?"

"If you want." Jimin sighed, dramatically, and leaned to the desk.

The silence made Jimin organizes his thoughts about the question then he opened his mouth after a little time.

"What do you know about... Jeon Jungkook?"

Yoongi expected a lot of things what could have been in the warlock's mind, but it was not among them. Why did he have to talk about Jeon Jungkook? Jimin wanted an honest answer, so Yoongi told the reality and his true feelings towards the boy.

"He's a spoiled, arrogant, rich kid who's just a pain in my . This is all I know about him, and this is enough."

"If I know well, he came to Seoul not so long ago. Where was he before? In Idris?" guessed the answer, enjoying Yoongi's opinion about the boy.

"I don't have the mood or time for this conversation, so if you finished you can leave."

He did not want to be too rude, because actually he did not have any problem with the warlock, but he would not even want to talk about Jungkook, if someone was putting a knife to his throat.

"Alright." Jimin understood and started to nod, slowly, before he pushed himself away from the desk. "Eat what your friends made, it looks good" pointed at the food again, and he walked to the way of the door. "And... I'm glad you're okay."

"I didn't get hurt." Yoongi murmured, while he put his headset back, although he had not started the game yet, because he listened to Jimin's last words before the warlock left.

"The deepest wounds are not on our body, Min Yoongi."

*

He had to grab the door jamb to avoid the falling, because he entered his bedroom so fast. Taehyung started to look for his phone with his gaze jumping here and there then he climbed through the bed, when he saw it on the nightstand. It was enough to push one button on it, he could see how many missed calls he had from Minho.

They still have not made their meeting up since then, and a few days already passed. Taehyung had remorse because he totally forgot about this, and moreover it was not even him who called the other first. Now he was thankful to himself because he gave the number of the Institute to his boyfriend just in case if he did not answer his calls; Minho gave his office's number to Taehyung in return.

He put the mobile to his ear, listening to the rings with quickly beating heart, while he took a seat on the interior window still, where he placed a teddy bear on his lap, and started to caress its ear like it was a real pet.

Will Minho be angry? Will he shout at him? Since they have known each other they have not fought with each other. Taehyung's grip became tighter around the teddy bear, when he started to lose the hope, the ring had ended, though, and Minho's kind voice spoke on the other end of the line.

"Taehyung..."

"I didn't do it on purpose! I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls now, and that I didn't call you, I was a little busy. I know, I'm sure you were busier than me, so I shouldn't have said that. I left my phone in my bedroom, this is why I couldn't answer it, and..."

"Taehyung" interrupted with a gentle and calm voice. "Where are you now?"

"Now? Well... in my bedroom, why?"

He heard a quiet laughter, and the younger waited for Minho's next sentence.

"Then you should look out of the window."

"The... the window?"

Taehyung did not understand what could be in the other's mind, but he did as Minho told him, and after some seconds he saw the young man before the Institute as he was standing on the sidewalk under a street lamp, what already had a light because the sun was going down.

"Wait there, don't go anywhere." Taehyung asked him, and dropping his phone on the pillow he ran out to the corridor, from there to the dangerous caracole, and he did not stop until the big door.

He did not meet anybody on his way, and it meant everybody was busy with something for Taehyung's biggest luck, because although he knew most of them were accepting, he did not know what the consequences would be if he let a mundane in.

"Isn't it a striking place to you?" Minho asked, when he started walking to the boy who was standing on the terrace.

"Well... the other mundane only see an old hospital building with warnings about the danger of collapse."

"Ah, I see" studied the huge building again.

The man almost started to think about how much is the maintenance of the building, when Taehyung held his hand, and nodded to follow him. As the door was closed behind them, he put his finger to his lips, so Minho could understand that they should be quiet, then he led him to the stairs, not letting his hand go. It was like he was afraid that Minho would be lost.

The lighting was not that strong, so Minho could not take a better look at the spacious premise that could be the lobby, and he followed the boy before him in silence, when he led him up on the caracole.

They rushed to the penultimate door in the long, half-lighted corridor. Taehyung turned the knob, but before they entered the room he turned around, and looked up to the little bit taller man.

"Do you want something? Cocoa, tea... coffee?" said his last idea, watching the elder's reaction.

What about a coffee?... With a little bit of rum?

He heard the stranger's voice who he met a few days ago. Minho shook his head, chasing the memory of the long haired waiter away, then he swallowed and leaned forward so his lips could meet Taehyung's.

The boy could not identify the voices, but Jungkook decided that he will scold those who do not let him suffer in silence in his bedroom alone. After the warlock left Jungkook came back into his room, and for some reason he took a look at the door in every second minute, maybe it will open and Taehyung comes back; at least he would have a company, but like this he almost counted all of the cracks on the ceiling and on the walls.

Now he grabbed the knob strongly, but when he heard Taehyung's laughter, he calmed himself down. He opened the door, carefully, not in the way he planned, and he leaned forward until he saw who was with Taehyung.

Taehyung started to giggle again, when Minho's tongue found his, and he hugged the man's neck, while Minho's hands went on the boy's back. The younger started to step back, lazily, his back hit the door that he opened before, so both of them entered the room soon, and Minho closed the door with his leg.

"A... A mundane... in the Institute" murmured to himself, and he went back to his room, shocked, where just like a zombie he walked back to his bed, and sat down on it, not caring about the jarring sound.

A mundane... a mundane man was in Taehyung's bedroom. But why did Jungkook care about it? It was not his business if the shadowhunter brought somebody into his bedroom. But he was curious if Kim Namjoon knew about it, although as he knew the head of the Institute, Namjoon would have just shrugged if he knew it.

As the door was closed behind him Minho leaned away from his boyfriend, but just for the time while he removed his coat and pullover what he put on a chair, before he pulled the blushed boy closer.

"Can't... can't we go to your place? Or... or another time..."

He loved when Taehyung was embarrassed about these things. Seeing his behaviour Minho stepped back, and looked into his brown eyes.

"I've never been here before." Minho changed the topic, and with a deep sigh he looked around in the room. "If you want you can sleep in my place. We can go to a restaurant or we can take a walk. The city lights are beautiful now."

During the talk he took a closer look at the plush animals that were on the bed and on the interior window still. There was a candle on the nightstand next to the small lamp and a picture about Minho and Taehyung. The candle had the scent of vanilla what Minho could smell if he leaned closer. As he straightened up, smiling, his gaze found the tent-like thing in the corner in front of him. The man could have noticed it before, because Christmas lights gave the light for it. He wanted to walk to there, but Taehyung hugged him from behind, and buried his face in the detective's shoulder.

"Chh..." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

He left the dangerous bed, and now he was standing beside the wall, his ear on it, maybe he can hear the conversation better from the other room through the thin wall. It is not like Jungkook was so interested by it, but for now he did not have better things to do - yes, he was really interested by it.

"Dinner and talk. Everybody knows what he wants after that."

The silence made him nervous. Did they leave already? Then he would have heard the sound of the door. Maybe Taehyung was too careful, because he did not want the others to know about the secret visit. Even like this, if they were still in the room, then...

"Why aren't they talking? Aish... I can't hear anything. Whatever" stepped away from the wall, and looked at it like it would be his biggest enemy ", just go! Break the rules... do whatever you want!"