Warlocks in the Institute

HIATUS - The Seoul Institute

The warlock didn't get scared because of the half-covered dead body. It was the second time that Park Jimin walked around the dissection table. This time he held his hand above the body, and he tried to move slower. Silvery sparkles appeared around his fingers in the air. It made Jin shiver, but he knew the warlock's going to help them. At least he hoped.

"And do you say the victim's friend saw strange lights through the window?" he still thought about this, and he ran his fingers through his hair, touching his goblin ear.

"Yes. Who else could have done that if not a warlock?"

"It's kind of offensive." Jimin put his hand on his chest. There were rings on almost all of his fingers. "But if it calms you down, I can ask around among the warlocks."

"I don't want to be wiseacre, but you are the High Warlock of Seoul. I don't think you have a choice."

Jimin smiled, while he studied the victim's white skin. There were scars on every rune he saw.

"Have you examined her wounds?" Jimin changed the subject.

"Sure. What do you think what did I do? I already told Namjoon that something's wrong with the energy around her, this is why we called you."

"Yes, I can feel it, too. And I hate to say that, but this kind of energy could happen because of a warlock."

"Hah!" he pointed at the man at the other side of the table. "So is it true? Did a warlock do this?"

"We shouldn't make..."

They heard steps from the stairs, so both of them looked at the way of the door. Maybe a couple of days passed since Jin saw Yoongi, and to be honest, he didn't look good. His skin was paler than usual, and his black clothes and hair just made it more noticeable.

"Sorry, I'm late" a shorter person stepped from behind Yoongi, who leaned on the door and put his hands in his hoodie's pocket. "The restaurant was a real madhouse today, and I hope we'll finish it soon, because I got the night shift."

"Ah, let me introduce you a good friend of mine" Jimin adjusted the younger's jacket and his long hair ", Lee Taemin. Your message seemed too serious, so I thought it's better if there is another expert, too."

"I don't want to be a party pooper, but I wouldn't say you are an expert either." Jin crossed his arms before his chest.

Taemin looked at the young man in a peach-coloured hoodie in front of them with a reaised eyebrow.

"But there is a reason why you need warlocks, right?"

"I can't believe it! Listen..."

"Jin."

"What?" he turned to Yoongi, who still didn't move away from the door.

"Stay quiet. I'll have a headache because of your voice."

"Unbelievable." Jin sulked, but he decided to stay quiet from now on. Maybe the warlocks could finish their job earlier, and they could leave right after that.

Jimin took a small gaze at Yoongi, who was smiling at his friend's behaviour, but as he noticed the warlock's attention on himself he gulped and turned away.

Taemin hesitated a little bit, then he held the white material that covered the woman's body until her collarbones, and he slowly pulled it lower. Jin saw the victim's body before, it wasn't strange to him, but he didn't understand why the warlock needed to do something like that. 

All of the runes were ruined. Taemin carefully touched the cold skin, and he led his finger through on one of the scars. He closed his eyes to concentrate better, and he started to feel a shiver that ran down on his spine.

He felt the fear what the woman felt on that night. Taemin guided his fingers further on her body until he reached the wound on her stomach. The warlock felt pain in his own stomach, and there was an irony taste in his mouth.

"Taemin, Taemin, hey! Are you alright?"

Jimin immediately stepped to him and pulled the man away from the table, holding him tight. Taemin was almost as pale as the body on the table. Jin slowly put the cover back on the body.

Even Yoongi walked closer to them, watching the scene. He stopped next to Jin, and watched what's going to happen next.

"She... she was alive" he clung onto Jimin's purple shirt, otherwise he could have fallen on the floor. "The wound on her stomach...."

"A lath caused it." Jin, who could see the original position of the victim, helped him.

"She was alive after that. She was alive, when they ruined her runes."

"But her clothes..."

"Maybe it really was a warlock." Yoongi added quietly, but of course everybody could hear it.

"As I said, I'll do everything to find the murderer if it's among my kind." Jimin felt the accusatory gazes on himself. "And now I would like to meet the head of the Institute."

"He's out, unfortunately. He tries to meet the vampires."

"It won't be easy, does he know that?" he pulled Taemin closer, when he felt the boy's muscles became weaker. "Well... I guess we should leave now."

"You can go alone, right?" Jin started to clean up the place.

"Actually... Min Yoongi, would you lead us out? This building is huge... and Taemin needs to rest, so I want to go home as soon as it's possible."

He shouldn't have left his bedroom. It would have been better if he stayed there. But no. Yoongi had to go to the kitchen for water. And after he drank he had to talk to a completely stranger, who looked absolutely lost in the lobby. And then of course he had to lead the warlock into the basement to the others. What's the lesson, Min Yoongi? - He asked from himself, while he was walking on the stairs. Stay in your room, and don't talk to anybody.

"Go ahead." Jimin nodded to the younger, after he opened a portal in front of the building. "And sleep a little bit before you go to work."

Taemin walked into the portal, rolling his eyes, and it disappeared just like the warlock.

"What you said in the basement..." Jimin started and let the sentence in the air for some moment. "About the warlocks."

"The evidences lead to you. I just said what Jin was thinking about, too."

"You know, Min Yoongi" he stepped closer to him, and it made the boy uncomfortable ", sometimes obvious things aren't that obvious. Sometimes we have to dig deeper. I thought at least you can understand it."

"Me?" Yoongi frowned and looked around.

"Of course. What do you think, which warlock made it possible for a half-blood to enter the Institute?"

He has never thought about it. He thought that any half-blood could enter the Institute even before his arrival. Yoongi never asked Namjoon about it.

"You..."

"I'm glad we could meet again. A client is waiting for me, but if you have any problem you know how to call me."

He was curious about the details, but Park Jimin turned around and opened the portal again. Yoongi counted on the warlock to turn back to him once again to say goodbye, but he just walked away as his friend did earlier.

Yoongi watched the storm dust for a while after the portal was closed, and then he slowly entered the building. He felt his body too heavy. He put his hand on the cold wall of the Institute, before he studied the huge place, where he was all alone.

*

A new day. It meant that Jeon Jungkook could spend another day with doing nothing. It had never happened to him in Idris. Kim Namjoon went to the vampires to organize a meeting, but he didn't take Jungkook. The young boy was angry because of it. There was a couple of times in Idris, when he could join meetings, and he knew exactly how they should communicate with vampires - if the head of the Institute wanted to meet them so badly.

He was walking on the downstairs' corridor, pouting, and he thought about the persons he wanted to avoid in the Institute.

First of all there was the stranger - the mundane strager, who could stay because of the shadowhunters. It wasn't a shelter; it was the home of shadowhunters. It could have never happened in Idris.

Next, there was the other impossible case. A werewolf! Jungkook didn't care that he was the alpha of the Seoul wolf pack. He could have been Angel Raziel himself... after he was bitten by a werewolf. Jungkook wouldn't care about him either. He didn't understand why the shadowhunters needed the help of werewolves so much.

And if he had already thought about help...

Warlocks! He heard a conversation between Jin and Namjoon. The High Warlock of Seoul, Park Jimin was on his way to the Institute with one of his friends. The presence of one warlock wasn't enough, now there had to be two of them!

"Unbelievable!... Hm?"

It was like he heard the sound of a closing door. But it could have been only the training room's door in downstairs. Suddenly Jungkook became very curious. Who could have wanted to be there? During the weeks he had been spending in the Institute he only saw people there in his first day. It could be only the werewolf, who wanted to train a little bit, but he could have done that at the park, too.

Jungkook could have turned around and gone to his room. Or... he could join the person in the training room. His bedroom was too boring, and he still had nightmares because of his bed, so he took a deep breath and opened the door.

He could see dust in the air because of the sunlight. He shouldn't have been surprised at all. Maybe this place had never seen any cleaning utensils since it was built. The situation was the same with the bedrooms, and Jungkook thought that's a bigger problem.

He wanted to have a duel with the person, who had entered the room, but to his biggest surprise he saw nobody. His shoes made sounds on the floor, and he thought maybe he just imagined everything. 

Jungkook heard a weird noise, but before he could lift his head he felt a strong squeeze, and a seraph blade was on his neck. He shivered because of the breath of the person, who was standing behind him. The person surprised him. He had to admit it... even if only in his own thoughts.

He slowly murmured the name of his blade, and he already pulled it out of his jeans. He reached back and put the blade to his attacker's nape.

"Did you learn this in Idris?"

The arm and the seraph blade disappeared from his neck, and when Jungkook could breathe again he saw Taehyung. 

"I wasn't even ten" he said proudly, and showed his weapon up,

"Oh... I thought you were born with it" he looked at him, disappointedly, and ran his fingers through his brown hair.

It could have made a smile on Jungkook's face, but he pulled himself together.

"By the way, what are you doing here? I didn't even imagine that any of you use this room."

"I was here, when we first met. Do you remember? When Namjoon showed you the place."

It was hard to forget. Hoseok was trying to escape with Taehyung's clothes, so the two shadowhunters were running up and down with towels around their waists in the training room. 

"It wasn't an answer."

"Hm..." Taehyung smiled and watched the seraph blade in his hand. "I'm going to have a dinner with my parents and Minho."

Jungkook really wanted to say something insulting about the mundane, but he controlled himself, and he was very proud of it.

"It was a long time ago since I've met them, so I'm a little bit nervous. I thought a little training would help. It could distract my thoughts."

Would a dinner be so bad with his parents and his boyfriend? Well, if Jungkook had to sit at the same table as Choi Minho, maybe he would feel the same, but he was sure that Taehyung even shared his bed with the man.

He nodded, signing thet ha understood the boy's words. He got rid of his black jacket, and threw it on a chair. Taehyung was watching the younger with a confused face, who adjusted his black T-shirt. His dark runes were visible on his arms and his neck. It was a long time ago since Taehyung saw as much runes on somebody as now on Jungkook.

"What? I thought you wanted to fight" he threw the seraph blade which whirled in the air, then the boy caught it by its grip.

"Yes, but..."

"I guess you don't have much time."

"No, but..."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and suddenly moved forward, almost cutting into Taehyung's side. 

So Jungkook really meant it. It was good to know - Taehyung thought about it, and he was ready for his 'attacker'.

His last time in the training room really was, when the new boy arrived, but Jungkook was more experienced with martial arts. It's true, nowadays he couldn't train as much as he should have, but it didn't have any effect on his movements. He had a tactic, and it seemed the elder didn't notice it. Taehyung only went backwards, avoiding Jungkook's dangerous attacks, but he hissed, when he felt the column behind his back.

"And now you're dead." Jungkook hit the column with the blade, barely touching Taehyung's ear with the weapon.

Taehyung wanted to kick his leg, but Jungkook was faster, and the blade was now pressed to his neck, and Jungkook's body to his. 

"And now you're double dead." Jungkook smiled brightly. There were sweat drops on his forehead, but they were covered with his black bangs. "I knew it'll be easy, but it was easier than I thought."

It started to destroy Taehyung's already low self-confidence, so he had to do something.

"Now... now you can let me go. You said I'm double dead."

"Oh." It was like Jungkook only noticed the proximity between them now.

He didn't want Jungkook to spread rumours about the shadowhunters of the Seoul Institute that they can't fight. He watched as Jungkook turned and slowly went back to his original place to start the practice again. Taehyung only waited for this. In the next moment he was in the air, and then Jungkook was on the floor.

The seraph blade was pressing to his chest, where his heart was beating so fast. His wrists were trapped by Taehyung's hand, pressing to the floor. Taehyung couldn't hold his own weight, so he had to lean down, and when Jungkook tried to push him off Taehyung's squeeze around his waist became stronger.

"Now you're dead, too."

"Just... just let me go already."

"Oh, okay" he straightened up, still sitting on the boy's hips.

Jungkook adjusted his T-shirt. It showed his runes covered skin on his stomach. Taehyung immediately turned his head away, and he pretended like he didn't see anything. 

"Now you can leave me... what the..." he was surprised, when the blade was on his neck.

"We're equal now, right?" Taehyung laughed happily; it seemed he didn't want to leave Jungkook's lap.

"If that makes you happy..." Jungkook grumbled because of the childish behaviour, and then he frowned, when he heard steps from the corridor.

"Taehyung, are you... here?" Minho finished his sentence, not as heatedly as he had started.

"Minho!"

The boy stood up as quickly as he could. He even dropped his seraph blade which landed with a loud thump on the floor, next to Jungkook.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought we should go for your parents to the train station, and then they don't have to call a taxi." The man said a little bit confusedly. He couldn't take his gaze away from the shadowhunter, who was sitting crossed legged on the floor.

"Really? Oh... I'll go change, then, and we can leave, okay?"

"I'll wait for you." Minho said, but before Taehyung went to the changing room Minho pulled him closer by his shoulders.

Jungkook grimaced, seeing the kissing couple, and he made a gagging sound. There were days, when Jungkook said he will give the mundane a chance, but at times like this he realized it's never going to happen. Even his kindliness had its limits. There were too many bad things about the mundane.

First of all, he was a mundane. Secondly, he was a detective, who gave them information. He didn't care if he helped the shadowhunters - Jungkook's kind, he betrayed his own. Jungkook didn't know how he could trust him. And finally, Jungkook was sick because of the gaze Minho sent to Taehyung all the time. In Idris only a woman and a man looked at each other like that... it wasn't normal.

But if it wasn't normal, then why was his heart beating so fast, when Taehyung was so close to him during the fight? Well, maybe it was because the boy attacked him with a seraph blade. Yes, it could have been the only reason.

"I hope you were not that strict to him."

Minho's voice pulled him back into the present. He looked around, but Taehyung was already gone. He must have gone to the changing room as he had said earlier. The boy looked at the tall man with a grimace on his face, and then he stood up and went to his jacket.

"His enemies won't be kind to him in the battlefield. He has to learn how to protect himself."

"It's true." Minho smiled, and Jungkook hated it. "And if I saw it right, he was good."

"Good isn't enought in a real fight, mundane."

"Kid, I have a name, okay? Let's give a try to my name, Minho, hm?" he extended his hand, but Jungkook just raised an eyebrow and put his hands in his pocket. "Or not." Minho gave up, and then both of them heard a ringing sound.

It was Minho's phone. He had a message, and a smile appeared on Minho's face without even realizing it. Jungkook could only read the name's first letters, but it was enough for him.

Tae.

He couldn't believe that even while he was changing his clothes Taehyung sent messages to him. Or... maybe photos? It was worse than he thought. 

 

--------------------------------------

Hi everybody! <3

I'm sorry for the late update, my beta reader is very busy with school, so I decided to share the new chapter with you now, and when she's ready I'll correct my mistakes.^^

I hope you're doing well, take care! <3