The warlock's help

HIATUS - The Seoul Institute

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! How many times do I have to tell you that fourth graders can't use seraph blades?!" A girl screamed from the doorstep of the training room. 

The two ten-year old froze suddenly, but while Yugyeom dropped the dagger Jungkook gripped his tighter.

"We're not kids, noona!" The black haired boy objected. 

"According to the Academy's rules you are." The brunette crossed her arms.

Actually she was only seven years older than Jungkook, but she scolded him like his mother. Needless to say the raven haired boy hated her for it.

"If you can beat me I'll drop the weapon." Jungkook offered, which made Dahyun sigh.

"That's not how things work, Kookie." She tried to convince the child, but the nickname made him more furious.

"You can't give me orders!" He stated angrily, but let out a painful moan, when his sister pulled his hair from behind. The little boy has not even realized she got behind his back.

"Don't speak to Dahyun unnie like that!" His twin reprimanded him. Angry tears threatened to fall from his eyes, when he realized his sister betrayed him and ganged up with the older girl.

"Stay out of my things!" Jungkook turned around and pushed his sister with all of his strenght.

Jungran fell to her with a thud and started crying almost immediately. Dahyun tried to comfort her with hushed words, while Jungkook was watching them from the back. His guilt grew with every teardrop of his sister, but he did not apologize. Come to think of it he never apologized to anyone...

"Jungkook!" Someone shook his shoulder, and the boy was in the alleyway again. 

Taehyung was staring at him with concerned eyes, behind him Namjoon and Minho were looking at him too.

Jungkook tried to collect himself, but the girl in his memories was just so different from the body in front of him. The Dahyun he knew was loud, nosy, cheerful and... alive. No, she can't be the same girl. Dahyun left Idris to live with her mundane lover, she could not have died like this!

The raven haired male felt a heavy weight on his chest, and although he was gasping for air could not get any oxygen. He was on the verge of panicking, when Taehyung pulled him closer, the boy's face was in the crook of the other's neck. Jungkook felt Taehyung's sweet, fruity scent as the elder his hair in a shooting manner. His breathing slowed down, but Taehyung kept murmuring encouraging words until the panic disappeared completely.

"We're gonna catch whoever did this to her. I promise." He whispered in a low voice, and Jungkook believed him. 

They will hunt down Dahyun's murderer. 

*

The melodic, Italian music filled the place. It always calmed the boy, if he was alone down there. Maybe others would have thought it was weird, moreover - it was bizarre, but Jin did not. He closed his eyes for some moment to enjoy the music even more. Sometimes the foreign words touched him so much he lifted his hands - it did not matter if he had something in them -, and tried to imitate the movements of a conductor.

Suddenly the music started to be quieter, so he opened his eyes, and looked around in the cold room what was in the basement. He spent most of his time in this room and in the kitchen. It was always unusual to him if there was someone else in the room besides him and the person who was lying on the table.

His visitor was the head of the Institute, Kim Namjoon, who stood next to the music player, but he stepped away from there, putting his hands into his pockets, after he could turn the Italian tenors down.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted... something."

"Actually you came to see me without tickets. No one can enter without my permission" gesticulated with his hands what were covered by white medical gloves, although now they had another kind of colour because of the red blood.

"Really?" Namjoon raised his eyebrow, and looked at the woman body on the table. "And what about her?"

Jin decided to play a game. A weird smile formed from his lips, while he looked at the younger, and stepped closer to the table. Namjoon watched him curiously in silence, as the elder's long fingers immersed in the girl's chest, skillfully, and with an easy movement he showed the unmoved organ.

"She gave me her heart!"

He should have known it was just a waste of time to start a conversation like this with Jin. First he rolled his eyes, then he covered his face with his palm to hide his emotions; sometimes he felt that although he was not the eldest in the Institute, he was the most mature.

"It's your turn now" put the organ back, what made an uncomprehending grimace on Namjoon's face.

He just put that heart back like it was a toy and not an organ what was beating in someone's chest a few hours ago. When he thought about the fact that usually Kim Seokjin was the one who made the food in the Institute he immediately felt as the egg roll he ate for breakfast started to come back, but he cleared his throat, and shook his head.

"What?" asked, when he still felt the elder's gaze on himself.

"She gave me her heart to be here. What will you give me?" guided his gaze up and down on the tall boy, who just laughed at the situation nervously, and ran his fingers through his blonde locks.

"Do you have any new information?"

Jin frowned because Namjoon did not want to join his game, and with a deep sigh he turned back to the table.

"I didn't find any poison. Actually, she was really healthy."

"She was a shadowhunter, how could she die like this?"

"Since you brought her here yesterday I'm with her. I think if I'll be in a bubble bath for a week I'll still have this scent like now. The point is that I did everything I could, but I haven't found anything special yet."

"What about the wounds? Werewolf?"

"I would say yes."

A care-worn sigh left Namjoon's mouth, and to make himself busy he took a scalper between his fingers.

"What are you going to do now? Will you tell this to the Clave?"

Jin could act like his age sometimes. He knew well how much pressure was on the young shadowhunter's shoulders since he became the head of the Seoul Institute.

"Why? Do you have a better idea?"

"I think it's obvious what you should do. Two werewolf attacks during a short time like this. You have to talk to them."

He really thought about the older boy's words, and he had to admit Jin was right. There were only these two options. He did not like it when shadowhunters and downworlders had a fight, but if he tells this to the Clave first, a big conflict will be between the nephilim and the lycanthropes.

"I will think about it."

"It doesn't matter what will you do, we're going to be by your side with the guys."

"Thank you."

"You can always count on me." Jin shrugged his shoulders, and started to search for something under the table, but Namjoon did not really pay attention to it anymore.

"It... it really means a lot to me, but... what the..." Namjoon pushed himself away from the table, and it was like he just realized he was almost sitting next to a dead body.

The blonde boy looked at the other with a shocked face, because Jin was holding a hand, and patted Namjoon's shoulder with it.

"I'm your right hand, don't deny it" winked at him, but Namjoon was busy with the fact Jin was holding a human hand in front of him.

They heard as someone was walking down on the stairs with hurried steps, and in the next moment Hoseok burst into the room with an excited smile on his face.

"Namjoon, I was looking for you ev..."

His feet frozen before he could go to his friends. He just could not take his gaze away from the opened body on the table, what was only half-covered with a white sheet.

First he saw flashes in front of him, then they became pictures, and they took him back to Idris.

The jarring door, what opened so slowly.

The curtains were still protecting the rooms from the sunlight.

There was silence in the whole house.

Broken plate pieces on the floor.

Blood...

"Hoseok, hey... Hoseok." Namjoon took the boy's face between his palms.

When the elder wanted to turn away Namjoon's fingers held him tight, and he did not let him to take his gaze away from his face.

"What happened?"

"A... a report. About a demon in a garage space." Hoseok told the words quietly, and he tried to pull himself together.

"Alright." Namjoon hugged his shoulder with one of his arms, and led him to the way of the door. "Hm... let's find Yoongi and Jungkook, where are they?"

When Namjoon stepped out to the corridor he looked back at Jin one more time,  who scratched his head with the hand, then put his own hands on his hips, and looked down at the body on the table.

"I guess you were the boys' favourite, hm?" put the hand back under the table, and adjusted the sheet on the cold body.

During his work the girl's lifeless hand hung down from the table. Jin smiled sadly, and grabbed the girl's wrist so he could place it back next to the body, gently, but then his gaze went to her bloody fingernails. He took a little forceps out from his pocket. Jin leaned really close to her, and took the hairbreadth out under the nail.

*

Jungkook was staring at his phone screen as usual, when Hoseok stormed into his room without knocking. The younger was not even surprised by the fact that the elder disrespected his privacy again so the glance he gave him was rather bored than annoyed. Only his raised eyebrows indicated the question behind the stare.

"Joonie said he will get Yoongi while I get you so get up, we have a mission." The elder spoke in an unusual serious tone.

"What kind of mission?" Jungkook pocketed his phone with mild interest. A new mission meant something to do instead of holed up in his room overthinking everything.

"There was a notice of a demon in a garage." Hoseok responded while Jungkook pulled on his sweater and started walking towards the hallway.

Yoongi was waiting for them at the entrance playing with his seraph blade. Jungkook would not think he was so good with weapons. 

"I thought you'd never get here." Yoongi grumbled which earned an apologizing slap on his shoulder from Hoseok.

The three set off without further discussion, their runes made them invisible for the people on the streets. The streets were almost entirely dark with the help of the grey coulds, the harsh wind attacked the boys constantly. It was obvious that a huge storm was coming towards Seoul so Jungkook wanted to get over this mission quickly then return to the Institute. He tried to sped up, but Yoongi was not willing to hurry.

As they arrived to the address they met with eerie silence. They got their weapons on standby as they approached the garage. Jungkook went first, his eyes were scanning the darkness, but there was not any trace of the demon. This made the shadowhunters wary, but before Jungkook could voice his bad feeling the shelf at the door collapsed over Hoseok. 

The other two boys tried to locate the attacker, but before they could make some light Jungkook felt a powerful strike at his nape. His knees buckled and he hit the ground, but before he would lost his conscious he saw silver sparks. 

*

His eyelids were as heavy as the lead, when he started to wake up, but first he could only see everything vaguely. The boy's head was pounding because of the pain, and instead of calm silence he heard his two partners talking above him.

"We should call Namjoon." Yoongi's deep voice was quiet, for Jungkook's luck. 

"The warlock said we have to wait until Jungkook gets better for traveling. I think if we would use the portal now, we should clean the Institute after Jungkook, if you ask me. At least we should wait until he wakes up." Hoseok was speaking quickly and loudly, not like the other, and the pain in Jungkook's head just became stronger. "Hey, where are you going now? He said we have to stay with Jungkook."

Yoongi put his hands inside of his black jacket's pockets, and looked down at the still unmoving boy. Maybe someone hit him on his head, but Yoongi did not think it was that serious. Hoseok could survive the shelf, too.

"Although it makes me happy when I can see him suffering, it can be boring too."

They could not leave the apartment without Jungkook, so Yoongi decided to take a look around in the place. Jungkook was lying on a huge, canopy bed with beautiful, dark purple sheets and curtains. He tried to close the door behind himself quietly then leaned to it, exhausted. 

He felt the different kind of incenses' scent; it tickled his nose. The door was opened what showed the balcony, but there was no one. He pushed himself away from the bedroom's door, and started to walk around in the big place what could be the living room. It was too kitschy for Yoongi's liking, but he knew warlocks can be more than one hundred years old too, and some of them really liked the time when they grew up. Maybe it was the case with this warlock too.

There was something what immediately caught Yoongi's attention; it was a skull on one of the shelves. It seemed real, and there was a red rose in one of its orbits. Yoongi leaned closer; the rose was a real one, even the incenses' scent could disappear next to it, although as he studied the skull, he had to realize it was real too.

He moved away from the weird concept, and he saw photos on a smaller table. There were colourful and black and white ones too. He saw the warlock - who helped them earlier - on them, and there was someone else too. Yoongi did not remember this person was in the apartment, when they arrived. He looked around, and when he knew he was alone he took the photo between his fingers, carefully.

Yoongi saw a beautiful girl on it. Her long hair reached her chest; her gaze was mysterious for the shadowhunter.

"Pretty, am I right?"

It was like the voice had gone under his skin and it caressed his soul. Yes, it sounds really dribbler, and as these thoughts appeared in Yoongi's mind he had nausea, but he pulled himself together, and put the photo back on the table.

"This girl... does she live with you?"

The warlock raised one of his perfect eyebrows, and a strange smile was formed by his full lips. He was holding a vial between his fingers, there was a green liquid in it, and Yoongi would have never drunk that even if it meant he dies. Next to the vial he could see the young man's black, glossy nails.

"Yes, this... boy lives with me. But he's working now, so if you need his number, you have to wait a little bit. I think he has to close the place tonight."

"Oh."

He did not feel this situation that awkward after he thought this man was beautiful. Yoongi never cared about these things.

The boy walked further before the shelves where he saw books and special stones. The warlock did not move, he just watched the shadowhunter. Yoongi's gaze found some movies what he did not know, and when he took them into his hands he realized why was that. Every one of it was black and white movies, and there were some silent films too. 

"These are my friend's. He loves them, I'm rather a book fan. By the way... how is your friend?"

Yoongi made an ironic laughter, and put the movies back.

"He's not our friend. Will he drink that?"

"Yes." The warlock looked at the green liquid proudly, and lifted it up to give it an emerald kind of colour in the light of the lamp.

"I hope it will scratch his throat."

The warlock did not say anything just smiled again, and this time he walked to the taller one.

"So... what's your name?"

"It was a really quick topic change, don't you think?" Yoongi frowned and took a step back from the other. The stranger's shirt could have been in a Shakespeare theatre play too.

"There are three shadowhunters in my home. I helped one of them. It's not that much to ask about your names, don't you think?" He used the other's words, making the black haired boy blush.

He was right, so Yoongi did not have any choice, he had to introduce themselves. He took a deep breath, took his gaze away from the ceiling, where were decorative chandeliers, and he spoke:

"The guy, who's talking all the time, is Jung Hoseok. The idiot who was hit, is Jeon Jungkook, and..."

"And the guy, who has a negative energy around him, and looks like he came from a horror movie?" interrupted him, and as Yoongi turned to him he could see perfectly that the ears with the jewelry were just like leprechauns have. 

He had to accept this new fact, but he did not want to stare him too much, because he knew almost every warlock had special marks. 

"Min Yoongi."

"Nice to meet you, Min Yoongi."

"And you?" tried to act like he did not care about the warlock's name, and he started to play with a candle he found on the shelf.

The purple candle almost fell from his hand when the flame appeared on the wick as the warlock snapped his fingers. 

"Park Jimin."

Yoongi nodded, signing he heard and understood it, then he put the candle back on its place before he could have been in fire too.

"He woke up! He's alive! Min Yoongi, come here!"

In the bedroom Hoseok was fanning Jungkook with a fan what had a picture of a Venetian gondola on it, and lace covered its edge.

"Just in time." Jimin said happily, and he lighted every candle with one movement in the room. "Your medicine is ready. Maybe it won't be that delicious" looked at Yoongi with a smirk; the boy was leaning to the wooden column of the canopy bed, and he could feel the different kind of semples on it with his hand ", but your pain will disappear immediately."

Jimin went to the other side of the boy, who already sat up with Hoseok's help, and he leaned his back to the pillow. The childish faced man knelt up on the mattress, and put the vial to Jungkook's face.

"Do you think I will drink anything what was made by a warlock?"

"Jeon Jungkook." Hoseok stung the boy's upper arm, what made the younger hiss. "Are you out of your mind? If he doesn't help us, we would be in a big trouble now."

"As you drink this you can leave my house. So, do you like this idea?"

Jungkook was thinking about the warlock's words, meanwhile he was looking into his dark eyes. Jimin's lips parted for a moment, while he was watching the young shadowhunter's features, but he immediately came back into reality, when Jungkook took the vial and drank the medicine. 

"Just slowly" put one of his hands on the raven haired boy's shoulder, and with the other one he reached for the vial. "How is your head?"

"If I say it's better then can I go back to the Institute?"

"I'll open a portal for you. You will leave it in front of the Institute, okay?"

"Perfect!" Hoseok said gratefully, before Jungkook could have spoken. "Thank you for everything" continued even when he helped Jungkook to leave the bed.

"Take a long sleep tonight." Jimin followed them, when Hoseok and Jungkook walked to the way of the living room. "Do you have a doctor in the Institute?"

"The best one." Hoseok said, heatedly, when they stopped next to the warlock.

"Then there won't be any problem."

Yoongi heard from the bedroom as the portal was opened; he could always recognise this sound.

"If you don't feel good" spoke only to Jungkook, who rolled his eyes as he heard the man ", you can find me here."

"Why would I need a warlock? What you did mundane doctors can do in the hospitals too."

Jimin bit the inside of his mouth so he could hold his thoughts back before he says them out loud, and in the end he just nodded. 

"And can they eliminate the pain immediately?" Yoongi hit Jungkook's head not too strongly after he joined them.

"And you should talk to him with more respect. Who knows what his rank is in Seoul. He can be more than one thousand years old." Hoseok was thinking loudly, and leaned forward so he could take a better look at the young man again. 

"Jungkook needs rest. Take care of him" asked the two shadowhunters who nodded, and the two younger already stepped into the portal. "This also applies to you, Min Yoongi."

The shadowhunter stopped with surprise before he could have disappeared too from the apartment. He looked down at the shorter man and his gaze wanted an explanation.

"I know what you feel. We can't deny our blood. Just remember it."

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! ^^ We hope you liked this chapter and thank you so much for the subscriptions! <3

Important:  You can see 2min in the tags, and there is only one 2min for me, so it's Minho and Taemin, don't worry just wait a little bit! <3