Claws and fangs

HIATUS - The Seoul Institute

He was still not sure about the decision he had made, because he has never organized any meeting with downworlders. Moreover he heard that werewolves can lose their head easily, and maybe Namjoon should have searched for some information about the leader of the pack. Although he had only a few hours until the meeting, and he was in the library what was his office too, and he was walking up and down with a book about werewolves.

The boy was most interested in how much the chance he could possibly make the alpha mad with his questions, and the leader will become an angry beast and it will bite his head off. The book said there were some werewolves, who turned into wolf in every full moon or if they became angry, but there were examples where werewolves could control their skills, and they became wolves when they wanted. Namjoon really hoped the members of this pack will be like the last one, and they can control their skills and emotions.

"Hm... let's see" turned the pages, when he was thinking about something he should do if someone would attack him.

The leader of the Institute did not want to hurt the lycanthropes, but he had to prepare for everything. 

"Silver and... mercury" read the words, and looked up from the yellow papers, thinking about the new information. "How should I get mercury?"

"The kitchen is full of silver cutleries because of Christmas. But why do you need mercury?"

Namjoon shuddered and he almost dropped the thick book because of the shock. Jin, who was now standing in front of him, stared at the younger with raised eyebrow, as if the leader of the Institute had become a werewolf in the meantime.

"I just... I thought I should prepare a little bit" closed the book and put it back on its place. "Oh, Jin" realized something, when he turned back to the elder. "What are you doing today?"

"Why?"

"Don't you want to go out?"

"Ah, I knew it! Alright, I don't have plans for today. But if we are going you have to take me to a fancy restaurant. But not to a French one" added quickly. "I have bad memories about the snails what I ate in Idris. What do you think about an Italian restaurant? Or wait... steak? Or it would be too much for the first time, right? Oh, then forget it..." put his hands on his hips, while he was thinking about the possibilities. "The Italian restaurant will be okay. What are you going to wear?"

It was too much for Namjoon. He tried to understand everything the elder said, blinking. What was Jin talking about? Usually they left the Institute for birthday dinners and they went to restaurants. Maybe did he forget a birthday? Did Jin have a birthday? No, Namjoon remembered when they celebrated it last year it was snowing. It will be after one or two months.

"I'm going to meet the werewolves. You know... because of the attack. The body."

"Oh. That..." Jin was not embarrassed, at least he did not show it. "Sure. When will we go?"

"We should leave soon." Namjoon looked at the baroque style clock on the little wooden table. "Where is Hoseok?"

Jin thought he heard the boy's name wrong.

"Hoseok? Do you want to take him to the werewolves?"

"Jungkook doesn't feel well, Taehyung takes care of him. I think Yoongi won't leave the Institute nowadays, so... it can be only Hoseok."

"So don't you remember what happened in April fool's Day?"

Namjoon frowned. First he tried to find the memories, but he gave up and asked:

"Why? What happened in April fool's Day?"

"Oh, it was so much fun." Jin relived that day again, but he continued and told everything to Namjoon. "Hoseok wanted to trick Yoongi. Think about it, it's like committing suicide. Anyway... the point is, that Yoongi didn't like it - what a surprise - so he registered Hoseok up on a dating side. Hoseok was so happy, so he went to the date, but the girl was a werewolf and she almost ripped his face off!"

"Oh, yes... I remember something. But honestly, how much chance do we have to meet that girl?"

*

The sunshine went through the window, where the green curtain did not cover it. The man growled, when he felt the sunshine on his face and buried it onto the pillow. His grip became stronger on the other man's body next to him. The younger smiled after he heard it, and pulled the half-sleeping man closer from behind.

"Jinki, do you think I made the right decision?"

The elder slowly opened his eyes, when he heard his name. He intertwined his fingers with the other man's, and gave a kiss on his head before he inhaled his unique scent.

"You are the alpha, why do you ask me?"

"Okay, then I'll ask something else" let Jinki's hand go and turned to him. "What do the shadowhunters want?"

"I was thinking about it too, when we got their message from the Institute, but I have no idea. Anyway, it must be really important if the head of the Institute will visit us. Don't you think, Jjong?"

Kim Jonghyun had the same opinion, but he could not find any answer for it. When they got the letter from Kim Namjoon Jonghyun panicked; he was the alpha, but he panicked. But it only took a few moments, because he could not let the members of the pack see him like this. He could get their respect with a lot of difficulties after he killed the ex alpha during a fight, what the other initiated, because he wanted to kill the delta of the pack because of a little mistake, and Jonghyun did not agree with it. 

"Well... we will find out soon." Jonghyun shrugged and rested his face on his boyfriend's chest, inhaling his scent what always calmed him down.

Their legs tangled, Jinki wrapped some blonde locks around his fingers, while the younger gave small butterfly kisses on his chest. Both of them liked mornings like this. Before the other members of the pack woke up they could be alone in their world, and no one bothered them.

At least usually.

Loud banging brought them back from the calm bubble. Jinki took a look at the clock on the nightstand. They had at least one hour until the head of the Seoul Institute arrives, so he had no idea who could it be.

"Kim Jonghyun! Lee Jinki! I know you're there! Open the door!"

Both of them made a tired sigh as they heard the girl's voice from the other side of the door. They wished they could teleport themselves to somewhere where they can be alone, but unfortunately they were werewolves not warlocks.

"If you don't open the door, I'll break it. I'll count until five, got it?"

Jonghyun grunted and pulled the blanket on themselves. There were peace under their cover, and Jonghyun already forgot about the angry werewolf in the corridor, when Jinki suddenly opened his eyes.

"Jjong, you know she's not kidding, right?"

"One."

Then they remembered when the girl really broke the door, and the two men felt more embarrassed than the delta of the pack.

"Two."

The blanket disappeared, and both of them started to search for their clothes on the floor. They put their boxers on and continued with their jeans.

"Three."

Jinki quickly made the bed, while the younger looked for clean T-shirts in the wardrobe what they can wear during the meeting too.

"Four."

Although it was not perfect the blanket covered the wrinkled sheets, and only this was important to Jinki. He caught the T-shirt what Jonghyun threw to him, and in the last moment both of them were standing in the room with their clothes on.

"Five!"

The door opened with a loud sound. The key in the lock fell on the floor after the door met the wall. If Jinki saw it right they have to paint that part of the wall again, where it met the door handle.

"Dasom! How many times have I told you not to do this?" Jonghyun freaked out because of her, but it looked more a friendly one than a mad alpha one.

Dasom crossed her arms before her chest. Her light brown sweater was maybe bigger than her slim body, but it looked perfect on her, just as the short skirt, what showed her long legs. There was a furious grimace on her beautiful face, and Jonghyun knew it won't be a nice conversation.

"Why am I the last one who knows about the meeting with the shadowhunters?! Even those know it who joined the pack a few weeks ago. Why am I the last one? Hm?!"

"Dasom, calm down, please." Jinki put his hand on the girl's shoulder, but she shook him off.

"No, I won't calm down! Why didn't you tell me? And what do they want?"

"We don't know." Jonghyun told her honestly. "But I guess we will know after the meeting."

"Who will be there?"

"Jinki and me, why?"

"I'll go too." It was not a question, it was a statement, and no one could refuse it.

"Dasom, I don't think it's a good idea." Jinki tried again with his gentle voice, but it did not work.

"I'll go, okay? I'll wait for you, don't be late" warned them, and stormed away in the dark corridor.

The two men let out the air from their lungs, closed the weak door and leaned to it. Jonghyun's brain started to work on a plan how they can avoid a big conflict with the shadowhunters.

"Do you think we should take chains? Just in case?"

*

They were in an area what they would have avoided in their free time, but now they did not have a choice. Namjoon checked the address again, and when he saw it was the right place where the meeting was he scratched his nape and carefully looked at the two boys next to him.

Jin took his gaze away from the younger and looked at the pink and blue neon letters, like he wanted to find their meanings. Hoseok was in the same situation as his friends. Of course he tried to act like he did not really care about the place, but it would have been the biggest lie of the year.

"Maybe... so... are you sure this is it?"

"If someone almost scratched your eyes, you remember that place where it happened." Hoseok answered Jin's question.

"Well... you know." Namjoon cleared his throat. He felt, as a leader, he should calm his friends down, and he looked for information in his mind what can help him. "Actually they are not that scary in their human form. They are smaller and their claws aren't that long like the time when they are wolves. Most of the time they are harmless if we don't make them nervous."

The two boys blinked blankly at the person between them, who was proud that he could solve this problem - at least he thought.

"Why should we feel better because of this?" Jin asked finally.

"Ah, forget it, but... just after you." Hoseok stepped to the door, and with a big smile he opened it for the others.

As they entered the air became warmer, their noses could smell the scent of cocktails what were made by a mixer, but they could feel the concentrated scent of dogs, too. If they really wanted to survive this meeting they did not mention it loudly.

They were standing before a counter, where a tall, muscular man was talking on the phone. When he saw the three guests he murmured something, and put the phone down. He looked down at a book, carefully glanced up from the paper to the three boys, and growled:

"The second door in the right in the corridor."

Namjoon bowed, politely, and thanked for the help. Before he took the first step he looked at his friends who nodded, and followed him in the way the man told them.

Colourful lights helped the darkness. Music was heard from every room, and sometimes they could hear the person's voice who was singing. There were doors what hid laughing people, and there were rooms that seemed empty. One of the doors opened, and an older man left the room with a younger woman, laughing. The woman hugged the man's waist. As they saw the shadowhunters the laughter was gone. The boys heard the growls and saw the white, sharp teeth.

Namjoon did not care about them, but the cold ran through Hoseok's spine because of the sight, so he walked faster to join the others.

When they arrived to the door, Namjoon reached for the handle, hesitated, but before he opened it Jin quickly knocked on the door. Yes, maybe it was useful. They heard something from inside, so Namjoon finally opened the door, and all of them entered the room with his lead.

The half-light and the shining, colourful lights made the darkness disappear. Two people were sitting on the black couch, but as the guests arrived the man stood up and went to the desk where a shorter man was, leaning to the furniture. 

"Thank you for the meeting." Namjoon started immediately, and bowed his head in front of the two young men. "My name is Kim Namjoon, I am the head of the Seoul Institute."

"Kim Jonghyun" shook the younger's hand after he stepped to him ", the alpha of the Seoul werewolf pack. He is Lee Jinki, my beta, and she is Kim Dasom, my..."

"You !"

All of them listened to the girl's voice, what interrupted the introducing. The girl, who was calm until now, at leas she looked like, stood up from the couch. Her dark eyes sent lightning, and she watched the shadowhunters.

Namjoon looked at Jin, maybe he can explain this, but the boy just shrugged his shoulders, so it was only one answer for the new situation.

"Oh, hello, Dasom. What a little world is it, right?" Hoseok laughed, nervously, and with every word he took a step back until he was covered by Jin.

"I told you if I see you again you will meet my claws" walked through the coffee table, and wanted to go to the shadowhunters, but Jinki blocked his way.

"Hey, Dasom!"

"What the hell is happening?" Jonghyun was looking everywhere in the room. He looked at the girl, who tried to escape from Jinki's arms, then he looked at the hiding shadowhunter. "Would someone explain me what's happening?"

"I think it's a misunderstanding." Namjoon started; maybe he can save the situation.

"Exactly! And this is all Min Yoongi's fault!" Hoseok added, standing behind Jin's back.

"Did that Min Yoongi come to the date as a shadowhunter? No!" She tried to kick and scratch Jinki, but the man was stronger. "Your profile said you're a fairy and your name is Hayoon."

"How many times have I tell you I had no idea my friend registered me under a female name and he wrote that I'm a fairy!"

Jonghyun and Namjoon exchanged a look. Although they met for the first time both of them could understand the other. They rolled their eyes with raised eyebrows, hearing the arguing, and maybe both of the men waited for the other to stop the fight.

"Dasom, calm down and sit down!"

The girl's long, brown locks covered her face because of the movements she made for the escaping, but when she looked up at the man, who was holding her, she could see the greenish yellow eyes, what were gleaming, threateningly.

The delta's muscles relaxed, her breathing calmed down, and Jinki's arms around her became weaker. When he was sure the girl won't cause any problem he let her go, and followed her with his gaze as she walked back to the couch, and sat down on it.

"Good dog." The praise escaped from Hoseok's mouth, but now he only got a growl from Dasom, and Namjoon scolded him with his gaze.

Finally Jinki went back to his mate, but of course his eyes were on the girl, too. Now that it was over Jonghyun thought they should talk about the thing the shadowhunters came for.

"So, Kim Namjoon, would you tell me why the shadowhunters wanted to meet us?"

"Nowadays we found bodies with really... typical wounds" looked at Jin, carefully, who nodded and took the photos out from his coat's pocket. "We don't want to accuse anybody, we just want your help."

Jinki totally forgot about Dasom, who was sitting on the furniture, sulkily, and he approached the photos what were on the desk. Of course they recognized that they were claw marks, and they were made by downworlders.

"The runes... they are ruined." Jinki said, thinking loudly.

"Exactly. So do you say a werewolf did this?"

Jonghyun slowly looked up from the photo, so he met the shadowhunter's questioning look, but instead of an answer he looked aside, where Jinki opened his mouth to say something, but then he closed it. 

"Yes, I think it did, but I'm sure nobody would do anything like this from my pack."

"Well... I know someone." Hoseok noted, quietly, and looked at the way of the couch, so his gaze met Dasom's, and he shivered because of the gleaming eyes.

"Do you think I don't have better things to do, shadowhunter?"

"Well, you're still mad at me because of something what happened in April... so, to be honest, I think you have a lot of free time."

"Hoseok." Namjoon tried to control the elder, and the boy blinked at him, apologizing.

"If I can help you with it I will ask about this every member of my pack, but as I said I trust them, and I'm sure they didn't do it." Jonghyun took the word back, and gave the pictures to Jin. "I'm sorry we couldn't help you."

"If you have any questions or problems just call us." Jinki added with a kind smile on his face.

"Thank you." Namjoon bowed his head, because although they did not get any new information, at least he met the alpha and they promised them that they will help. "If you will have any information, just come to the Institute or call me."

"We will." Jonghyun agreed, while they shook each other's hand.

The alpha led their guests out while he was talking with Namjoon about the things of the downworld. Jinki wanted to follow them, but he realized Dasom was still on the couch. He thought the girl will be still mad at them, but instead of this Dasom was watching the screen of her phone.

"Won't you come?"

"I'm coming" raised her head, and put her mobile back on her skirt's pocket.

When she arrived to the man she hugged his arm; this and the smile were weird to Jinki, but he did not want to talk about it. Sometimes Dasom had mood swings, and he learned that he should not ask her about it.

"Oppa, aren't you hungry?"