Prologue

HIATUS - The Seoul Institute

The Clave's decision hung heavily above his head as he made his way back to the bedroom. They said his actions were unaccaptable and a disgrace to his family. The boy knew that he shouldn't have done what he did but the anger got the best out of him and this is where it led.

He was an angry crier so he had to steel himself not to shreed tears in the hall. Nobody is allowed to see the big Jeon Jungkook like this. Dejected and pathetic.

His room was a mess but it felt like home. He sprawled out on the mattress which had clothes thrown upon but he couldn't care less. He just wanted to sleep and forget about the whole meeting. Maybe when he wakes up this will be another of the many nightmares. But deep down he knew this wasn't the case. He ed up big time and he had to pay the price. 

Still, leaving Idris was way too much. Why couldn't they just expel him from the Academy? Why must he leave and report for duty in the Seoul Institute starting from tomorrow?

If he weren't so proud he would be on his knees begging for forgiveness. But he couldn't let himself sink so deep. Oh no. He'd rather show the Clave how much of a great shadowhunter he is so they will curse the day when they sent him away. Fulled with anger he started to throw his things into his suitcase not caring the mess he created. If he has to leave he's bringing everything he can.

"Your packaging technics haven't changed since you were five years old as I see" came a voice from the doorway. Jungkook would have recognize his twin sister's annoying tone anywhere so he didn't even bother to turn around.

"I don't feel like dealing with your annoying " responded. 

But Jungkook was wrong if he thought even for a moment that the girl will eventually leave him alone. Jeon Jungran walked into the room gracefully and took a seat on the armchair in the corner. She crossed her legs and stared at her brother quietly for a moment.

"So the Clave decided."

"As you can see" grumbled as he threw another shirt on the mountain of clothes.

"I don't want to be nosy I'm just curious. How do you plan to close that suitcase?" She leaned closer eyeing Jungkook's luggage suspiciously.

"Easy. I just have to sit on it and close the zip." The boy answered and demonstrated the action. He took place on the top of the suitcase but the lid didn't want to close not even with the weight of the shadowhunter's muscular body on it. However Jungkook didn't give up.

Jungran watched his twin for some time but she eventually had enough of his pathetic attempts of closing the lid so she stood up and walked over. With an easy shove she removed her brother from the suitcase and started to fold the clothes. 

"I would have solved it." Jungkook grimaced but started to follow his sister anyway.

"Oh I'm sure of it." The girl answered sarcastically. "But we might finish by tonight with my method."

"It's not like I'm in hurry." He remarked quietly but Jungran could hear the hurt buried under pride in his voice. If someone she knew how much Idris and the Academy meant for her brother. The fact that he had been bereaved from both on the very same day crushed the boy mentally and emotionally.

Because Jungkook had a huge soul which he tried to hide but his sister knew him too well. Contrary to her parents Jungran thought that having tender feeling is not a weakness. That's why she tried to help her brother in an unnoticed way. Jungkook was too proud to accept or ask for help even from his sister. He didn't want to look weak.

When the last piece of clothing was folded neatly Jungkook had no reason to stay. With Jungran's accompaniment he went to the library where the portal waited for him.

"Our parents?" Jungkook asked which made Jungran's eyes fell. They won't even say goodbye.

"Take care of yourself in the Seoul Institute. Show them what are the Jeons capable of!" Jungran hugged him and although Jungkook wasn't a fan of showing his emotions he circled his arms around the girl's thin waist. The tiny girl almost disappeared in his brother's arms but she was just as though as Jungkook.

"Take care of the Institute for me." Jungkook took a step back then disappeared in the portal.