MISSION 04

The Chaser

Boram stared at the members as they were doing interview at the photoshoot set. She chuckled at their funny act while doing the interview. The image of the owner of the number came into her mind. Her smiles disappeared as she took out her phone. The profile of the guy displayed on the screen. *I’ll pay him a visit later after this*

The screen changed to Somi’s name who was calling her phone. Boram rolled her eyes and lazily answered it.

“Why are you so busy with your work?” Somi snorted as he glared at the guy who sat across her in the café. “This one guy came and disturb me because you left him all alone”

“Boram-ah~” Mingyu sang. Boram sighed. “He ask you out?” she asked. “Yes of course. You know I’m allergy to this guy”

“Yah yah” Mingyu called Somi but she ignored him. “We only walk into branded outlet if I go out with this guy” she whined that made Boram chuckled. She could imagine her face when whining. “Yah, it’s not that you can’t afford to buy those branded items”

Mingyu snatched Somi’s phone that made her shriek in annoyance. He stuck out his tongue to her and continued to talk to Boram.

“You’re still working?” “Yes. You asked Chief Jung about my task?” “I did” “You didn’t tell Somi about it, right?” “No don’t worry. She’s already as she is now” he glanced at her with a smirk. Somi narrowed her eyes in anger. “You’re so death Kim Mingyu”

“Take care of her. And don’t annoy her too much” “I will. You too take care”

Boram ended the call and looked at the wallpaper of her phone. It was a selfie of her, Somi and Mingyu during their visit to a theme park. Sweet memory came into her mind and brought her to smile again. She looked up again to see ASTRO had ended with their interview and it was Eunwoo’s turn for the photoshoot. The other members were watching him from the side. She joined them.

“He’s good” she praised, eyes glued to Eunwoo. JinJin chuckled. “Correction. Good looking”

“I know. Most AROHA choose him as their bias”

JinJin glanced at her and she smirked. “I started to look up on you on the internet since I have to guard you” she shrugged.

“He’s always high spirit during photoshoot” MJ said. “All of you too, did a good job” she smiled.

“Jinwoo hyung! Jinwoo hyung!” Sanha called as he ran towards them. JinJin turned to him. Sanha fed him a jelly. “Thanks” he smiled.

Eunwoo posed for the last time and his session over. He bowed to thank the cameraman and the crew. Boram head shot up as she noticed something moving on the ceiling. The spotlight above him started to waver and fell. All present there stared at the incident. Eunwoo looked at the spotlight a few meter from his head in extreme fear. He already pictured of what will happen in just another few seconds. He spontaneously shut his eyes, ready for the worse. His surrounding become silent as if he was dead. Not a single sound was audio able. But the next thing he remember was he rolled on the floor to the side.

“Eunwoo-ssi, you okay?” Boram asked. His eyes widened at her face in front of his. He was in her arms. They both looked at the shattered spotlight on the spot Eunwoo once stood. Everyone were too numb to even move. Boram winched and then he saw it. The cut on her arm. “Boram-ssi”

ASTRO members came ran to them. As well as the staff.

“You okay, hyung?” Moonbin and Rocky helped Eunwoo to stand. “Nae” Eunwoo who was still in daze stuttered. “Boram noona” Woojin came to her. Boram had her eyes glued to the ceiling and she saw a movement. *He’s here!*

“Excuse me!” she got up and ran, leaving them. “Noona!” Woojin called but her figure already gone. He sighed.

“I’ll go after her” MJ sprinted off before Woojin could even call for him.

Boram’s eyes darted from one space to another. No one was in the hallway as all staff were in the studio. A figure passed by behind her. She grabbed an empty crumpled can that happen to be on the bin at her side. She ran towards the guy as the guy with a mask covering his lower face made his way towards the staircase. Boram threw the can towards him before he managed to escape to the staircase. The can fell onto the floor with a speck of blood at the sharp end.

“I almost caught him!” she panted heavily. She shouted in frustration and looked at the floor behind her. The hallway was trailed with her blood from the wound when a few of shattered lens of the spotlight wounded her arm. She sighed. She saw a figure at the end of the hallway but failed to identify the person as shadow masked his appearance and her view started to blur. Boram flopped onto the floor, unconscious.

“Boram-ssi!” MJ came running to her. “Boram-ssi, wake up!” he held her in his arms and shook her body in panic. “Boram-ssi!”

* * *

Boram slowly opened her eyes. She turned to her side and saw tube attached to her hand. A guy was sitting on the hospital bed beside her. He was backing her.

“Wonjini” she tapped on his back. “Noona!” he was surprised. “You okay?”

She nodded and sat up. She looked around the empty hospital room. “Where are them?”

“Who? ASTRO? They had to head to music bank” he explained. “Eunwoo is alright, right?” “He’s all fine. Thanks to you” “They’re at music bank” she rephrased then realised something. She shot her eyes to Woojin. “Then why are you here? You should be with them! Go!”

“They asked me to stay with you” “No you go to them. Or let me discharge now” “Boram noona, you lost many blood” “But I’m all better now” she showed her bandaged arm. “Look”

“Noona, you should just rest” “No. I’m their bodyguard” she pulled the tube off her hand. She winched as it stung. Boram got up.

“Noona” Woojin tried to stop her. “Woojin, trust me. They need me” she wore her coat but then realised it was torn. She snorted in annoyance. “Noona” he held her arm to stop her proceed her steps. “Wonjini” she sighed. “Listen. What happened this morning was not accident”

“You mean?” “Lee Hyukjae” His eyes widened at the name. The picture of man she once showed him flashed into his mind. “He did that” she continued. “He want to play this the hard way, it seems. So I need to be with the members now. The guy might try to do something worst”