MISSION 27

The Chaser

Mingyu had his view to the board where everything regarding the case were pasted. A picture of two bottle of perfumes were pasted there.


*XOXO perfume have the same drug as found in the bodies of the dead from Paradise Villa. It seems that Jooyoung desperate to distribute his drug*

Another picture shows the picture of the villa room obtained from the net. "Wait" he ran his finger to the pantry. There was a teapot, teacups and a few sachets of tea arranged beside it. He could see it even though the pantry appeared only small in the picture. His eyes shifted to the picture of pantry of Soohyun's room. There was a trace of a blot of blood on an empty spot beside the teacup. But the blot of blood was only half of the whole droplet of blood.


"There was a teapot beside this. The murderer must have taken it away. But what does he do with the teapot?"


"Teapot?" Officer Inseong approached him. "Maybe the murderer poisoned her through the drink in the teapot"
"Or drug?" Mingyu read the fact about the Ayahuasca. "Brew. Don’t you think the drug come from the teapot?"


"Teapot?" "But maybe not directly from the teapot" "Maybe from the tea" "You mean the drug comes from tea?" "Possibly"


"About the cleaner at the villa, I spoke with him the other day. And he said Miss Soohyun went to the reception counter to ask for refill of the tea" "Yea I talk to the lady at the counter too. She said Soohyun did ask for the tea. The lady did offer to me the tea. But I didn’t drink it" "Do you have it with you right now?" "Yes. Wait" Officer Inseong pulled open one of the drawer at his desk. He joined Mingyu again and held out a sacket of tea. Mingyu took it.


"Why don’t u drink it?" "It smells funny and I'm not a tea fan" "Smells funny?" Mingyu brought it up to his nose and every inch of his face furrowed in disgust.


"See? Told ya. It smells a bit pricky right?" “Uhuh. I wonder where does this made from?” “The lady said they made the tea themselves” “But isn’t it weird that she tells you everything easily?” “That day I disguise as a visitor that’s why she told me everything. I know no one will tell a police officer everything” “Nice work” he patted on his shoulder. “I’ll take this, okay?”

“Yea sure”

* * *

Boram opened her eyes. Her head felt heavy and she looked around only to realise she was in the hospital. Her mind recalled the incident that took place. She tried to sat up and took her phone on the drawer beside the bed.

“I had been unconscious for almost a week already?” she sighed. Her eyes noticed something colourful on the drawer. It was a bouquet of sweet alyssum. She smiled and took it. “Who give this? I haven’t receive this since-“ she read the card on the flower.

| Smile always. Good bye -From: Min Yoongi |

Boram cupped . Tears started to blur her vision. *Since I broke up with Yoongi*

She called Yoongi and waited. He didn’t answer her call. “Yah, pick up” her voice trembled as she tried to call him for the tenth times. Tears flowed down her cheeks. “Min Yoongi”

 

Yoongi continued to stare at his ringing phone. He sighed and looked out the window.

* * *

Mingyu opened the door and entered the room. Boram looked up to him.

“Have you eaten?” he asked as he put a paper bag on the coffee table. She nodded without a word as she continued to watch the TV. Mingyu sighed and straightened. He took the bouquet of flower.

“Where are you taking that?” she grabbed on the bouquet. “Throw it. I don’t know who got you this but that person just comes here every day, sending the same flower” “It’s mine” she took it. “I want to keep it”

“Alright” he smirked. “I see you have a secret crush. Who send it? Come on tell me”

“No. No one” she adjusted the flower with a smile. Boram placed the bouquet at her side again.

“Come on tell me” “No way” she smiled as her eyes secretly went to her bag where she kept the card. “I know you’ll tell me about it one day” Mingyu stuck out his tongue. “Anyway, I know you have eaten” he pointed to the paper bag he brought. “I bought you chicken porridge. Eat it later, okay?”

“Nae. Thank you”

“Boram-ah!” Somi burst into the room. She hugged Boram so tight. “Yah, Somi. I can’t breathe” Boram struggled to voice. Somi let go off her “Sorry” she wiped her tears.

“You crying?” Mingyu snickered. Boram wiped her tears. “I’m worried of you, Boram” Somi faked a wail. “I’m scared you might not get up. I come here every evening but you didn’t wake up so I was so scared”

“Aigo” Boram caressed her head. “I made you worry. I’m so sorry”

“You’re really okay, right?” “Yes. The doctor came just now. He said I can get out from here in 2 days or so” “That’s good to hear. Look” she showed her a plastic bag in her grip. “I got you donut”

“Thank you”

“You don’t forget to buy some for me, right?” Mingyu interrupted. Somi narrowed her eyes at him “Go buy for yourself”

Boram chuckled as the two bickered more.

 

They were enjoying the food while watching movie.

  1. Boram called. “What is it?” Somi on her finger as she was eating the donut. She glanced at Boram.

“You said you come here every evening right?” “Yes why?” “Do you by any chance see anyone else come visit me every day?” “No. Why?”

“I tell you why” Mingyu turned to Somi. “Because her crush come send her flower everyday”

Somi gasped. “So the flower is from your crush?!” she started to fangirl. “You must be excited”

Boram chuckled. “Crush”

“No what’s amazing is” Mingyu glanced at Boram. “Boram have a crush on someone”

“Yah” Boram threw a cushion to him. “I’m a girl, remember?”

“I thought you never look at guy” “Somi, kick him for me”

“Done” Somi kicked him then high-fived with Boram. Mingyu glared at the two. “You’re lucky you two are girls”

“But Boram” Somi called her. Boram turned to her. “I saw someone though but just a glimpse” “Who?” “I don’t know. I don’t see his face. But I know it’s a guy from his figure. He has a dark cap on and he covered his lower face with mask. And he wore a black hoodie too. He looks so suspicious so I tried to catch up to him but he walked too fast that I lost him”

They exchanged eye contact.

“Could it be the person who shot you the other day?” Somi gasped. “I shouldn’t have let him go the other day. But I didn’t see him for the past 2 days”

“How tall is this person?” “About this tall” Somi’s hand gestured how tall the person was if he was standing beside her. “Is it the same as the person who shot you?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe not” Boram shrugged. “I’ll check on it later” Mingyu replied. “When you find the person who shot her, tell me” Somi turned to Mingyu. “I want to kick him first”

 

 

 

 

Mingyu was cleaning up the coffee table after Somi left.

“You know there’s another report of missing person. It is Kim Taeyoung, the chairman son of SMART Agency. He’s last seen at Paradise Villa” he lifted his head to her. Boram was sitting on her bed, staring into spaces. “Yah, you’re listening to me?”

“What?” she replied. “I’m sorry. What did you say?”

“You still thinking about what Somi told just now?” Mingyu glanced at her. “Uhuh” “Is it the person who shot you?” “No” “You sure?” “Yes” “Then who is the person who come visits you?” “You know Donghan isn’t that short compare to Somi” “Then who is it?” “Yoongi”

Mingyu rolled his eyes. “Why would he come and visit you?”

“To give me this” Boram picked up the bouquet. “This is from him. I know it instantly because he’s the only person who know I love this flower. And he comes everyday”

“Do you believe in him?” “Yes. Why wouldn’t I?” “Because he’s your ex”

“Mingyu, I think I’m in huge trouble” she put the bouquet aside. “I think I’m falling for him again”

“Yah, Boram” he sighed. “That’s absurd. He’s a criminal you know”

“He was. You know he’s working for Jooyoung” “Before this. Not anymore” “How can you easily believe in him?” “He explained himself. In fact, he gave you the evidence regarding the account. Can’t you see he’s innocent?”

Mingyu stared at her. “I guess I have a hard time believing in him, right?”

“Mingyu” she sighed. “I know him. He’s not that kind of person. He’s a man of his words. If he said he didn’t do it, it’s true. And if I ever doubt him, he’ll explain what’s actually happening. Just like now”

“Don’t you think you believe in him too much? Until you blinded by him” “No. Mingyu, can you-“

“Don’t you think we get into fight again just because of that guy?” he sighed.

“You know what, just get some rest” he picked up his stuff. He glanced at Boram who didn’t even look at him. “See you later” he exited the room.

Mingyu closed the door. He sighed. “I wonder why she’s have too much faith in him”

“Faith in who?” a voice stated. Mingyu lifted his head. Yoongi approached him with his hand pulled the hood off his head. He took off the cap and mask.

“You should go home. Boram want to rest. And I don’t expect you to show up in front of her again” Mingyu started to walk. “I’ll never stop seeing her” Yoongi’s words made him stop.

Mingyu turned to him. “Boram believes in you doesn’t make anyone else believe in you too”

“I don’t need the world to believe in me” Yoongi replied. “She’s my world”

Mingyu rolled his eyes. “Why are you disturbing her again? Don’t you know how much you have hurt her in the past?”

“You said it yourself. That’s all in the past. Besides you don’t know the real story. So just stay out of it. I know I wronged her in the past. I want to make up with her now”

“Stay away from her” Mingyu approached him. He grabbed him on the collar. “I warn you. If you ever come near her again”

The door was opened. Boram went to them. “What are you two doing? Mingyu, let him go”

“Stay out of this” Yoongi didn’t shift his glare from Mingyu. “I’m making this clear to you. I’m not leaving Boram ever again”

“Think again, mate” Mingyu had raised his fist. “Mingyu!” Boram shouted.

“You should watch your friend rather than budging into my business” Yoongi warned. “I’ll always protect Boram. That’s not for you to worry” “No I don’t mean Boram”

Mingyu and Boram looked at each other then to Yoongi.

“What are you talking about?” Mingyu asked. “Jeong Somi” Yoongi stated. Mingyu grip loosen and his hands fell to his side. “You know Somi?” she asked. “You two should check on her background” “What’s with her?” “You’ll know when you check on it. I can only tell you that she play a part in the Paradise Villa case” “Somi? But she have the faintest idea about the case. Both Mingyu and I never talk about the case in front of her” “That’s what she wants you to think”

“You’re not trying to make the three of us grew apart, right? There’s no way our best friend has anything to do with the case” Mingyu narrowed his eyes. “Don’t regret about it later. I warn you two, remember. And tell me, what’s the point of breaking your friendship bond, right?” Yoongi smirked. “Anway” he patted his shoulder. “Remember to look into it, Officer Kim Mingyu. I don’t want Boram to be in danger again”

Yoongi walked away from them.

“I know how to take care of Boram. So mind your own business” Mingyu shouted. Yoongi raised his hand without turning back. His figure disappeared at the corner.

Mingyu and Boram met eyes.

“Somi” he voiced. “It can’t be”

“But Yoongi always know something I don’t know” Boram replied. “But both of us knows Somi for a long time”

“He must be lying. I’m not buying it”

The two was silent for a moment, still digesting if the warning was real or just false alarm. Boram sighed. “I can’t stop thinking about it now that he mentions it. I start to doubt my own best friend”

“Don’t you think that’s his purpose? Breaking all of us apart?”

Boram lifted her head to the end of the hallway.