MISSION 22

The Chaser

Boram’s phone rang. She answered it while she was walking inside her house.

“Nae, Somi” “Yah, Park Boram!” Somi shouted from the other line. Boram pulled her phone away at the deafening scream. “What happen? What’s wrong, Somi?”

“I have a very busy day today so I decided to relax myself by scrolling through the Insta but you know what came into the feed? The picture of you having lunch with Sanha and Moonbin!”

*Owh! No wonder she’s this loud* Boram smirked.

“How dare you left me eating lunch alone and you have the time of your life enjoying lunch with my oppas!” Somi continued to babble. Boram laughed “Somi, mianhae”

“Ani no sorry for you! How can you forget about me?” “Yah, I never forget about you okay? I send you lunch often at your office” “Boram-ah! How can you do this to me?!”

Boram laughed. “Yah, yah. Calm down. I was just about to call you just now. I have something big to tell you”

Somi pouted. “Alright go on. What is it?”

“While I was eating with Moonbin and Sanha just now, they saw my wallpaper that is the picture of us three” “So? Why is that important?” “Moonbin saw your picture and said you’re pretty”

Somi gasped loudly and Boram just laughed. “Yah, you okay Somi?” Somi shrieked happily. “How can I be okay? ‘Okay’ is not the word to use when your bias praise you! You’re not lying right, Boram?” “Yah, tell me. What’s the point of lying to you?” “I love you so much, Boram!” “Yea I know. Go to sleep. I bet you can’t sleep tonight” she smirked. “I’ll seriously have a hard time to sleep tonight. Thank you, babe. Good night” “Good night”

Boram looked to her phone. “I always know how to make her scream like crazy” She looked at the wallpaper of her phone. Her eyes went to Mingyu’s picture.

-Flashback (a few hours before at the station)-

“Boram” Mingyu chased her before she could leave the station. Boram looked at him, waiting for what he wanted to say.

“I’m sorry about the other day” he didn’t dare to lift his head. “Is it about this again?” she pulled her hair back in frustration. “No I mean it, Boram” he looked at her. “I don’t know what had happened and I don’t mind if you don’t want to tell me about that night. But all I know is Yoongi did nothing wrong. It is me. I suddenly barge into your house and cause commotion. I’m sorry, Boram”

“I’m the one who should hear this. You should ask forgiveness from Yoongi” she turned to go. Mingyu held onto her shoulder. “I did. And he said he’s cool with it. And now you. Can you forgive me?”

“You know you shouldn’t think too negatively about someone” she sighed. “But for that night. I already forgive you before you even ask for it” she smiled.

“Thank you, Boram” Mingyu pulled her for a hug. Boram smiled “You’re welcome”

He let go off her. “Now go home safely. I need to complete some work. Bye” he waved and went inside again.

-End of flashback-

Boram smiled at the thought of her friends. She entered her house and stretched her arms. “It’s my day off tomorrow! Finally, I can have some rest”

“But” she paused. “Mingyu ask me out tomorrow. I hope Somi can take the day off tomorrow”

* * *

Boram looked up to the sky. It was a bright day. She fixed her hat and looked down to the picnic basket she had prepared. “It’s a nice day for picnic”

There was a car honk that made her looked out from her fence. Mingyu got out from his car. “I’m sorry. I overslept again”

Boram approached him and he took the picnic basket from her grip. She looked up to him. “Get in first. I’ll keep this at the back” he smiled. “I need to check on the tyre for a while. Something feel weird while I was driving just now”

“Nae” she went to the passenger seat.

“Yah, did you call Somi?” he glanced at her before bent down to the tyre at the back. “I did. She said she’ll wait at the bus stop” Boram replied and opened the door.

“What’s this?” she furrowed her eyebrows. There was a set of papers placed on the seat. She piled it up but she saw the words printed on it that she couldn’t stop herself from reading it. *Yoongi!* her eyes widened. She read the report about Yoongi’s account that received fund from Kim Jooyoung and the bruises found on Hyukjae’s body. *He helped Jooyoung?! But why didn’t Mingyu tell me?*

Boram pushed the door closed with a loud bang as she let out her anger. Mingyu stood again “Yah, close-“

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” Boram stood in front of him. She clenched a tight fist. She swallowed past the lump at the fact that her own best friend had been keeping a huge secret from her. Mingyu looked at her, clueless but then he suddenly remembered about the report. He sighed and looked away. He bit his lips “Boram” he approached her but she backed away.

“You know what? Just enjoy the picnic with Somi. Both of you should release your fatigue away. I’m just going to stay inside” she walked away but he grabbed her hand. “You should join us too”

“I don’t think” she blinked back tears not looking at him. “I can have a nice day. Knowing the fact that he might the cause this case happen, I don’t think I can even smile. Just” she pushed his hand away. “Leave me alone”

Boram walked into her house. Mingyu sighed and glanced at the house.

 

Boram ran her view out the window. Mingyu’s car sped off. She looked down to her phone and typed a message to Somi.

|I’m sorry I don’t think I can join you two today. Something came up at work |

 

“But” she put her phone away. “About Yoongi. It can’t be true, right? If he’s helping Jooyoung, he wouldn’t help me all this while”