CHAPTER 5

WHAT'S MINE FOREVER MINE

“Yan, what do you mean?”.

“You said what? What do I mean? I should asked you that question. What do you mean by not pushing you?”.

“You pushing me? Since when I told you that?”.

“Since when? Seriously Haein? You’re the one replied my text by saying that”.

“You text me? When is it? I didn’t receive any text from you today”.

“Liar. Are you hating me or what, Haein?”.

“Hey, what are you talking about? No, I’m not hating you. For what I’m hating you? You know right I love you”.

“If you feel like I’m too busy to entertain you, just tell me. I know lately, I’m not entertain you so much. But you don’t have to said like that. If you’re tired then don’t reply any text of mine. Just don’t said like that. It’s kinda stabbing me so hard”.

“Yan please, what happened actually. Why you suddenly..”.

“Do you have mood swing that you have to say that you don’t want me to push you anymore? Tell me since when I’m pushing you to do anything?”.

“Please Yan, you’re not being yourself. I can’t understand what you’re talking about”. Haein was shivering as hell because along their relationship, they haven’t fought with each other yet and this is for the first time.

“Or..are you jealous about the patient earlier? Or..you have something to explain to me?”.

“Why must I’m jealous with the patient. I know you love me. And you know that I love you”.

“Stop confessing it’s all bull”.

“Yan..”.

“Better tell me the truth. I know you have something you hide from me. Better tell me where are you going today”.

“Okay fine, but please. Don’t mad at me. You..seems like not Yan that I know”.

“Because you’re not being like Haein that I know. So you went out with a guy today? Who is he? I never know that you have some guys friend”.

“Okay to be honest yes. But I can explain”.

“Seriously? Okay now what you wanna explain? Isn’t that obvious? You went out with a man without my knowledge. You, no, we even promised not cheating with each other”.

“I’m not cheating you, Yan for God sake. Why must I have to cheat on you? You’re just perfect for me”.

“Stop saying like that, that’s all lie!”.

“Yan please..”.

“So, you were in rush today because you have a date with that guy, am I right?”.

“Yan, that’s all dad’s plan”.

“Huh great now you even use your dad. What’s next? Your mom? Grandma? Hyemin?”.

“Dad want me to married with that guy..”.

“And that when you smiled and happy as ”.

“No, you don’t understand. I have to..I mean, I have to go out with him to..save you..I don’t want dad or his people hurt you. But I..I don't wanna leave you. I love you. Please. Trust me”.

“If you hate me just say, Haein. Don’t use your dad”.

“No Yan, no. I..I love you..forever. Nobody other than you”.

“I said stop confessing! It’s all bull. You’re liar! If you said you’re forced married, Hyemin must know about this right?”.

“Hyemin don’t know about this because mom wanna keep this secret”.

“And you want me to believe it? You wanna get married then your own sister don’t know about it?”.

“Please Yan, understand me. You..you usually understand me..you’re not my Yan”.

“And you’re not Haein noona that I know. You looked different. I feel like I don’t know you”.

“Yan, I’m the one who’s suffering here. We’re dating about five years already. Since we’re in university. Please, believe what I said”.

“Well then, if dad wants you to get married with someone else..I guess..no point we keep this five years relationship”.

“What are you talking..”.

“How about we..just..go..on..our own way?”.

“Yan..are you being serious? You’re not believing me?”.

“I’m being serious. Then you think I’m what? Playing around with my feeling?”.

“So..did you just..break up with me?”.

“Your dad hates me. Then why do you want me to be your man?”.

“But we can change that..I love you..only you”.

“What about my feeling then? Your family practically hates me”.

“Mom didn’t hate you. Yan please. I’m nothing without you”.

“I think that we..need some time to be alone. To be away from each other. To think back about our wrong in this relationship. I need to think and hope you do the same. Don’t find me at hospital”.

“If you said so..I can’t force you. I just want you to know that I love you. I don’t care if you didn’t believe me or not. But I’m truly not lying to you. Believe me, there’s no other man can replace you. I love you, Kim Yan Cheol”. Yan wasn’t replying Haein’s text which made Haein burst into tears.

“Yan..good night then..sleep well and rest well. You must be so tired right? Remember to not messed up during your operation. I know you’re a great surgeon”. Replied Haein again and still Yan didn’t respond to Haein’s text which made Haein’s tears couldn’t stop flowing.

“But I guess..I save you..from dad’s people. It's okay. I..I will marry with that guy. To save everyone. It's okay if I'm hurt. I don't want anybody hurt. Moreover Yan. And I love dad. But..I..I can’t believe that we practically broke up. But Yan, breaking up for you, not yet for me” said Haein smiled bitterly while staring at Yan’s photo. On the other side, Yan was puzzled. He raked his hair while sighing. Actually he believe Haein. He know Haein would not cheating over him but Haein’s previous text really messed him up.

“I’m sorry, Haein. I seems so harsh onto you. I should talk to you properly. I was too angry just now. Uhh, I should meet her and talk properly” said Yan cupping his face while lifting Haein’s picture on his office desk. Yan that was in his office then went out from his office to take some fresh air which then he bumped with one of his patient.

“Dr Kim, how are you?” asked the patient.

“Fine” said Yan smiled a little.

“Dr Kim..I..just now saw Haein with a guy” said the patient which made Yan widened his eyes while made a fist.

“Where did you saw them?” asked Yan.

“At the park near hear. But..only the guy looked happy to see Haein. I could see that Haein looked like forced to went out with that guy, unhappy. But I'm not sure it's Haein or not. But she is Haein. I..know because she wore the same bracelet as yours” said the patient. Yan close his eyes before sighed. He recalled back what Haein said and start to think if Haein really the one who suffered.

“Thank you for telling me” said Yan smiled.

“Dr Kim..don’t fight with Haein, okay” said the patient and Yan nodded before went into his office back.

“Song Haein..I wish to know what’s the actual thing that happened” said Yan sighed took a glance at Haein’s picture.

“Ahh, I can ask Hyemin” said Yan take out his phone before dialing Hyemin.

“Yan oppa?” said Hyemin as she answered the call.

“Haein was at home now?”.

“Yes..but..eonni didn’t went out from her room since she back home just now. And eonni is crying”.

“Haein is crying?”.

“Wait. I go to eonni’s room” said Hyemin before went in front of Haein’s room.

“Haein eonni..”.

“Get away from here Song Hyemin. Leave me alone!” shouted Haein which Yan could hear it.

“Hear that Yan oppa? Mom already called eonni to open the door after heard eonni shouting like uhh someone just lost her loved one but still eonni didn’t open the door. Yan oppa know why eonni being like that?”.

“Can you slow talk with Haein? Asked her what happened or maybe uhh just ask anything that might be the answer of why Haein being like that. And then tell me what’s going on. Do whatever you think can make Haein tell her problem. Please. Just do. Then tell me everything”.

“Ohh, okay okay. I will. Anything that my brother-in-law asked”.

“Thank you Hyemin. Good night” said Yan before ended the call. On the other side, Haein stopped crying. She think there’s no use to cried over anything that happened. Haein then got a text from Hoseok.

“Hey Haein. You sleep?”.

“No, not yet”.

“Hey it’s getting late. You should rest”.

“I can’t sleep”.

“Oh you can’t sleep? Should I sing for you then hehehe?”.

“No it’s troubling you, oppa”.

“For someone that I love, why not?”.

“It’s okay oppa. I felt so tired. I felt like wanna sleep for the entire of my life”.

“Hey what’s wrong, you seems so depressed”.

“A lot, oppa. A lot”.

“You can share. I’m always here to listen what’s your problems”.

“Can I tell you something?”.

“Sure. What is it?”.

“But promise me you won’t tell my dad or your dad”.

“Hmm, okay then”.

“Actually I’m close with a guy. Only with him I can be talkative. We..fought just now”.

“Ahh, I see. He’s your best friend?”

“He’s actually..more than that”. At this moment, Hoseok was smirking, knowing that Haein really have a special relationship with the doctor that he was spying lately.

“So you have someone else. I felt so sad”.

“I’m sorry for lying over you. I love my dad. I don’t want to disappoint him so I have to lie to you. But..he said there’s no point to keep our relationship anymore. So..practically we already broke up. I don’t know what’s my fault. He talked nonsense”.

“Hey, guy can get mood swing too sometime okay”.

“But he talked nonsense, oppa. He said I’m pushing him. I haven’t talked like that to him. He wasn’t like that usually”. And again, at this moment Hoseok was laughing, seems satisfied of what he did just now.

“Gosh, that’s bad. He made you upset. I hate to see my lovely girl being upset”.

“I can’t hold my tears anymore..oppa..I need you”.

“Should we meet tomorrow? I wanna hug you. I want to shed your tears and I want to cheer you up”.

“Sure. But I really hope you can do it now, oppa. I’m so depressed”.

“Go to sleep now and imagine that I was by your side. Don’t cry okay. If that guy already left you, you have me. I can replace him. I can be your man. I can protect you and can take care of you more than that guy do”.

“You really want to replace him?”.

“Yes, why not. Dad also want us to get married right?”.

“But..I need to think. I still..can’t forget about him”.

“Take your time babe. Be cheer ~ We will meet tomorrow”.

“Pick me?”.

“Oh of course. My pleasure, princess”.

“Thank you again. Good night’.

“Good night, princess”. After that text, Hoseok was laughing so hard.

“This is so funny doe. That Doctor Kim Yan Cheol just thrown Haein away just because of a simple text. Duh I thought five year relationship will be so strong and hard to break it up but it’s so easy as a piece of cake. What a fool guy. So now, I can start the step to get Haein in my embrace and to take revenge on Kim Yan Cheol. Doctor Kim, you might not know me, but I know you, everything about you” said Hoseok while lying on his bed, still laughing. On the other side, Haein stare at her conversation with Hoseok.

“Song Haein, what are you doing just now? You still can fight for your relationship with Yan but you just now let a guy flirt with you. God, please help me. What should I do? I love Yan but dad want me to get married with Hoseok oppa and dad even hates doctor. But if Yan was the one who said there’s no point to keep our relationship, I should move on right? But he said that..we need to take our time to think back about our relationship. That’s mean..he still want me. We’re dating for five years for God sake and why he would break up with me right? But..what should I do, oh God” said Haein while caressing her forehead.

****