CHAPTER 11

WHAT'S MINE FOREVER MINE

“There’s empty space” said Hyunji dragging Haein to the table.

“Let’s go through the menu. What do you want, Haein?” asked Hyunji happily.

“Hmm, I think I will go with this. I’m still full actually. But since you asked to eat” said Haein chuckles.

“I forget the taste of that food. I will go with that too” said Hyunji chuckles.

“Eyy, you leave Korea not more than 10 years but you forget the taste already?” said Haein chuckles.

“Place you order, lady?” said the waiter smiled to Hyunji and Haein. After Haein and Hyunji ordered their food, they continue talking.

“Eyy, why you look so thin. Diet?” asked Hyunji while pinch Haein’s cheek.

“Auch, no. Why I’m on diet tho” said Haein chuckles.

“Who knows. To impress your lovely boy. How’s him?” asked Hyunji smiled mentioning Yan Cheol.

“He’s..fine..yea..a surgeon that can do many kinds of operation. Just..recently he have lots of work so I rarely meet him” said Haein smiled bitterly.

“Your relationship with Yan Cheol stay longer doe wahh I envy” said Hyunji smiled.

“What about you? Eyy you’re beautiful now. There must some American man fall in love with you” said Haein smiling cheekily.

“Let’s not talk about my love story. I want to forget it” said Hyunji smiled a little.

“Umm..I’m sorry” said Haein biting her lip.

“Nah, it’s okay” said Hyunji smiled.

“So, what are you doing now?” asked Haein smiled.

“You know right that I continue my studies in art. But after two years, I don’t want to continue in art because of some reason so I became a choreographer now. Just in a small entertainment” said Hyunji.

“Hyunji you’re amazing. You study in business with me, but you continue in art but then you became a choreographer. Wow” said Haein clapping her hand. A guard then came towards them to talk to Haein.

“Miss Haein, you have to go home about 15 minutes because Mister Hoseok asked us to send you home now. He don’t want you to be outside for any longer” said the guard and Haein nodded before the guard left.

“Hoseok?” thought Hyunji.

“Who’s Mister Hoseok that the guard mentioned?” asked Hyunji.

“He’s..my uncle..yea..he babysit me right now because mom and dad went to somewhere far. He’s overprotective on me” said Haein chuckles awkwardly and Hyunji ahhed.

"You really have family members that so care about you" said Hyunji smiled while Haein just smiled a little.

“I felt a little bit hot in this cafe. You feel it?” asked Haein while pull up the long sleeve of her shirt revealing her blistered wrists which made Hyunji widened her eyes.

“Song Haein..your wrists..”.

“Holy crap” said Haein panicked while pull off the sleeves but Hyunji grabbed Haein’s wrist back. 

“What the hell is wrong with you, Song Haein? It blistered so much, Haein” said Hyunji in tone of worries.

“It’s nothing, Hyunji” said Haein pulling her wrist back.

“No..this is something. You got diseases? Yan know about this?” asked Hyunji.

“It’s nothing, Hyunji. It itches so I scratch it and left scar” said Haein smiled awkwardly.

“Haein..tell me..the truth..we’ve promise no secret between us right? Tell me, who did this to you? I know you're not stupid enough to hurt yourself. Who's with you now? It’s nonsense if Yan did this to you” said Hyunji holding Haein’s hand.

“A beast, Hyunji. A beast” said Haein holding back her tears. Suddenly Hyunji remembered her past.

“Who?” asked Hyunji with soft voice.

“Shin Hoseok. I’m sorry I lied to you just now. Hoseok..I’m trapped with him” said Haein slightly crying.

“Oh God..you mean..Shin Hoseok..that..sweet looking guy but truly a demon” said Hyunji holding her anger.

“But why..I mean..how he met you? Why he’s with you..Yan Cheol?” asked Hyunji again.

“You know him? My parents planned to marry me with Hoseok..leave Yan Cheol” said Haein sighed.

“Haein..no..you should not..you can’t” said Hyunji about to cry.

“I can’t do anything, Hyunji. He hurt me so much. He did all the bruise all over my body. He abused me” said Haein shook her head.

“Haein..when I’m in America..I was with him” said Hyunji which made Haein widened her eyes.

“You’re with him? But then what happened? You guys broke up?” asked Haein confused.

“We’re in the same course at first. And we paired up for an assignment. I found him so attractive and charming. We ended up stay with each other in one house and started dating. Things gone wrong when I raised my voice to him. He hit me, abused me again and again. Luckily I found a guy friend and he safe me. That’s why I ended up being a choreographer because the guy that saved me from that demon was a dancer. His name Lim Shownu and we’re engaged now” said Hyunji smiled a bit.

“You said no secret between us” said Haein pursue her lip.

“I’m sorry. I have to” said Hyunji while caressing Haein’s hand.

“No, I mean..you engaged already. You keep it secret from me” said Haein squinting her eyes.

“I planned to surprise you” said Hyunji smiled a bit.

"Aww my friend engaged already. He must be so handsome right? Suit with you, beautiful. I'm so happy for you ~" said Haein smiled.

“Stop talking about me. Now it's all about you. We must stop Hoseok, Haein. I can’t stand watching you like this” said Hyunji concerned.

“I don’t know. I can’t do anything. It’s all because my dad like him to be his son-in-law” said Haein shook her head.

“Why don’t you tell your dad that you have Yan Cheol already?” asked Hyunji.

“Because dad hates doctor” said Haein sighed.

“Talk about doctor..I think that Hoseok..being like this because his brother” said Hyunji.

“Hoseok told me that he want to take revenge to all doctor that don’t want to defend his brother that time. Yan Cheol was the one of them. I’m afraid if he hurt Yan” said Haein slightly cry again.

“I knew it. He must do that. I know how to make him stop. I will bring the doctor that lead his brother wrong way. I don’t want he keep hurting woman. Especially now he did the same thing to my beloved friend” said Hyunji while caressing Haein’s hand.

“How you wanna find that doctor?” asked Haein sobbing.

“This is Kwon Hyunji. Wait and see. I will surely help you. I will find the way to safe you. You sister still using the same number right?” asked Hyunji and Haein nodded.

“I will team up with Hyemin” said Hyunji which made Haein smiled.

“Thank you Hyunji. I’m glad meeting you today” said Haein smiled.

“I don’t want people suffered because of him. We must back him to normal. But the more he love someone, the more he will hurt them. You don’t have to worry, I will surely find way to help you. You just have to follow what he want. Never ever disobey. I know it’s hard. But you must patient, okay?” said Hyunji and Haein nodded. Their food then arrived.

“Waa, it’s been awhile” said Hyunji before eating the food deliciously.

“Miss Haein, we have to go now” said the guard.

“Hey wait. Let Haein finish her food first. Haein, eat first. You looked so pale” said Hyunji while caressing Haein’s hand.

“Hyunji-ah, I’m afraid if Hoseok arrived home already” said Haein.

“It’s okay. Eat first. I don’t know when will I meet you again” said Hyunji pouted. Haein then eat her food since Hyunji told so.

“It’s been a long time I didn’t eat this food. Korean food the best. It’s hard to find rice there. Everyday bread, salad, bread, salad. Luckily there’s an Asian restaurant” said Hyunji which made Haein chuckled.

“Who ask you to go there? Look at me, just stay in Korea and eat Korean food everyday” said Haein chuckles.

“It’s my dream. Hey at least I found my life partner there” said Hyunji chuckles.

“What’s his name? Shownu? Where’s him?” asked Haein.

“Ahh, he’s still at America. I’m here because it’s my holiday and since I want to meet you but coincidence we found each other today” said Hyunji smiled.

“Miss Haein, we have to go now” said the guard again.

“Hyunji-ah..farewell..” said Haein pouted.

“Take this bear. So you know that you’re not alone” said Hyunji smiled while handing a tiny bear key chain.

“Aww so cute. Thank you. I..go first. Please tell Hyemin and Yan everything. I can’t bear all of this” said Haein and Hyunji nodded. Haein then walk away leaving Hyunji.

“Song Haein..stay strong” said Hyunji while take out her phone and text Hyemin.

“Hyeminnie ~ Remember me?”.

“Who’s this?”.

“Hyunji eonni ~”.

“OMG Hyunji eonni!”.

“I’m back to Korea, can I come to your house?”.

“Sure eonni! Please come here and do you know there’s some problem”.

“What problem?”.

“Haein eonni not coming home. I miss her!”.

“Really? I’ll be in short of time”.

“Yeay come here. Mom and dad wasn’t home anyway”.

“Okay, wait for me”.

“I’ll save you, Song Haein” said Hyunji smiled before leaving the cafe.

****

Hmm, I think this is Haein’s house. I can’t remember much. Better call Hyemin” said Hyunji before calling Hyemin.

“Hyemin-ah, I’m in front of your house. Can you come out? I’m not sure”.

“Ahh, eonni, wait I’ll come out”. Hyunji then come out from the car.

“Hyunji eonni!” shouted Hyemin while hugging Hyunji.

“Hey gurl! You looked pretty now. Last time I saw you, you still in ponytail but now wow so pretty” said Hyunji smiled.

“Eonni is beautiful too now! Eyy I’m pretty because I have boyfriend now” said Hyemin chuckles. 

“Wahh, get it girll” said Hyunji chuckles.

“Ahh by the way, what problem you mentioned just now?” asked Hyunji.

“It’s Haein eonni..she will get married to I don’t know who but he looked like a bad guy. Hyunji eonni know too right that Haein eonni dated Yan oppa” said Hyemin a little bit whining.

“Let’s get into the house first” said Hyunji and Hyemin nodded. Suddenly they heard a honk at their back and to their shock when Yan entered the car with his cloth full of blood.

“Yan oppa! What happened to you?” asked Hyemin quickly approaching Yan to help him walk and Hyunji came to help too.

“Haein..where’s Haein now?” asked Yan panting.

“Haein eonni..”.

“Let’s get into the house first” said Hyunji and they nodded before went into Hyemin’s room.

“Who did this to you, oppa?” asked Hyemin while handing the first-aid-kit to Hyunji since Hyunji want to treat Yan.

“It’s..who’s his name..ahh..Hoseok..Shin Hoseok” said Yan hissed when Hyunji applied some antiseptic at his lip.

“I knew it. That guy is really a bad guy!” shouted Hyemin.

“Did he say anything about Haein?” asked Hyunji.

“He said..Haein is fine with him but..I don’t know the truth either Haein hurt or no. Hoseok said Haein bruised a bit..” said Yan.

“Haein..Haein is terrible. She’s so pale. And thin. Her arm bruised. Her wrists blistered and her lip wounded” said Hyunji which made Yan make a fist.

“Seriously? But what Haein eonni did until Hoseok want to hurt my eonni!” shouted Hyemin a little bit whining.

“I met Haein just now. I knew Hoseok so well. Whoever disobey him, he will hurt them” said Hyunji sighed.

“Oh God, Haein..” said Yan raking his hair.

“That why we need a plan. We have to safe Haein” said Hyunji.

“So what’s the plan?” asked Yan.

“I will go back to America and find the doctor that lead his brother wrong way. I have my own detective. I will ask him to investigate it. Hyemin..tell your mom to make Haein come home. Tell your mom that you missed Haein so much” said Hyunji and Hyemin nodded.

“This is all because his brother commit suicide. I know if his brother didn’t do that, all of this won’t happened. That’s why..Hoseok hates doctor. A lot. Even he injured so much, he don’t want to go to hospital. And now..he love Haein. But Haein dating with a doctor” said Hyunji which made Hyemin and Yan widened their eyes.

“Haein hurt..just because..she love me?” said Yan disbelieve.

“He don’t want Haein get close with people called doctor. He don’t want Haein hurt” said Hyunji. 

“Weird guy!” shouted Hyemin.

“So we have to done that plan. Hyemin, Hoseok was acting like an angel in front of your parent. So this is the way to let Haein free. Hoseok will surely follow what your parents said if you want Haein to come here” said Hyunji and Hyemin nodded.

“Wait, if you bring that doctor from America, then what you want to do with him? Give to Hoseok? What about Haein?” asked Yan.

“Exchange. Give Hoseok the doctor than ask Hoseok to give us Haein back. But. We must not let Hoseok kill the doctor. We don’t want another live to lose” said Hyunji and Yan ahhed.

“So, that’s the only thing we can do for now. Yan, you don’t have to involve yourself for this time. But one thing..don't meet Haein this sort of time. I don't want Hoseok knew then he will surely hurt Haein. I just want Haein to come here. Not beside Hoseok alone. I will back to America and will inform anything to both of you” said Hyunji and they nodded.

****