Chapter 19

I See You

"Seokjin, you should be focusing on your university studies so you will be able to instantly take up a place at our company when you graduate yet here you are messing around with these people who will have no significant impact for your future" Jin's mother shouted at Jin, his friends and his fiancé were currently in his room playing games on his Nintendo Switch.

"I am studying all the time where it has gotten to the point where nothing in my head is sticking so please just allow me to have some fun once in a while before being forced to study once more" Jin shouted back at her, he had had enough of her continuingly forcing to do the things he did not want to.

"Listen to me Seokjin..." His mother started but Jin soon interrupted her.

"No, you listen to me, I have had enough of you pushing me around like I am nothing, you have no idea how I have felt these past years, all you care about is yourself, I hate you, you are the worse mother anyone could ask for" Jin screamed, tears flowing down his cheeks. Jin's mother's eyes darkened at him before grabbing her nearest coat and stormed out of the house, slamming the front door behind her. Jin let out a frustrated scream before running up the stairs towards his room where everyone was.

"Is everything alright?" Jimin asked when Jin entered the room and practically flopped down onto Namjoon's lap which caused the younger boy to let out a small grunt from the pain.

"My strict mother who does not know what the meaning of fun is, I am sure that the words study and fun apparently mean the same thing to her" Jin answered before pressing a quick kiss to Namjoon's cheek as an apology. 

"Ah, do not worry, she will come around eventually" Hoseok said trying to reassure the older boy.

"Yeah, I suppose you are right" Jin replied leaning back against Namjoon's chest as he watched Jungkook defeat everyone at Mario Cart once more.

"Ah, this is unfair why can't you lose to let me win Jungkookie, I thought you loved me" Taehyung whined at his boyfriend after once again being defeated by the younger boy.

"I will play against you Jungkookie, only so you can learn what the taste of defeat is" Jin said taking the control of Taehyung and started choosing his character.

"Okay Hyung believe what you want to but I am the master of this game" Jungkook said turning his attention back to the screen as the countdown started. The others watched in amazement as Jin climbed through the ranks and held first place throughout the whole first race with Jungkook trailing in second when they crossed the finish line on the third lap.

"Oooh, someone who can finally beat Jungkook" Jimin teased.

"Hey, it was only beginners luck" Jungkook argued as he chose the next course.

"Whatever you want to believe Jungkookie" Jin teased just as the race started, once again Jin crossed the finish line in first place whilst Jungkook only claimed second. The last race started and Jungkook was adamant that he was going to beat Jin this time, however, he watched as his character crossed the finish line in the second place, once again Jin had won. 

Jin looked down at his phone which had started buzzing in his pocket whilst he watched Taehyung tease his boyfriend about losing to Jin. It was Jin's father who was ringing.

"Father" Jin said once he accepted the call.

"Seokjin, I need you to come to the hospital immediately" Seokjin's father instantly said when his son answered the phone.

"Why?" Jin asked.

"Your mother has been in a car crash" His father said.

"W...what" Jin's eyes widened in shock.

"Please get here quickly" His father then said before hanging up.

"Jin, what's wrong sweetheart?" Namjoon asked once his fiancé got off the phone.

"It's my mum, she has been in a car crash" Jin answered looking at his fiancé, tears streaming down his face.


Seokjin ran through the hospital towards the room his injured mother was held in. His father was by her side holding her hand whilst listening to the doctors who were explaining her critical condition, his mother's eyes flickered open as she looked frantically around her surroundings. 

"Mother" Seokjin shouted as he quickly opened the hospital room door and ran to his mother's side.

"Seokjin" His mother whispered quietly.

"What happened? You are normally a safe driver" Seokjin asked his mother in a quiet voice, slightly fearing the answer he was going to receive.

"I was distracted from the road, I did not see the other car until it was too late" his mother answered as she reached over to grab her son's hand.

"You should save your strength dear" Seokjin's father said.

"I wish to speak with Seokjin alone" his mother said before giving a stern look at her husband and the doctors.

"Seokjin, I am sorry for not being the mother you really wanted but my mother was always harsh on me that I never really knew any other way to raise a child. I just want you to remember that I will always love you Seokjin, you are my baby, my baby boy, I am so proud of what you have achieved and even though I may have been distant and only focused on my work, I have always cared about you" she whispered.

"I'm so sorry for what I said earlier you are the best mother I could ask for" Jin muttered, tears were flowing down his cheeks as he looked down at his mother.

"I love you Seokjin, I will always forgive you" she whispered as she slowly closed her eyes. The cardiac monitor detected the continuing slowing of the patient's heart and set off an alarm to warn the doctors. The doctors came streaming in asking Jin to leave the room in the process, Jin took one last look at his mother before walking out the door and straight into Namjoon's arms.

"She's dead Joonie, my mother is dead" Jin said crying into his fiancé's arms.