Chapter 10

I See You

Another thirty days followed and Namjoon had continued his routine where he would gift Jin with incredible gifts or trips, Jin smiled at all the memories he had made over the last month. 

It was exactly a month since Namjoon had started giving him, letters, presents and taken him out to different places. Jin was not sure where exactly Namjoon was going with this but he hoped that it never ended, he loved finding something new in his locker or be hand given something that Namjoon had worked on.

Jin approached his locker to put some books he did not need until his last lesson in, as he opened his locker a spicy floral scent hit his nose. Jin instantly knew what was inside. Placed carefully on his books were another bouquet of flowers with a note attached.

Jinnie, these are carnations, they stand for fascinations and new love. I have been doing this for a month now and I have fallen in love with you, even more, all these flowers have different meanings, the light red mean admiration whilst the dark red represent deep love, the deep love I hold for you. The white carnations symbolise pure love, it means that the love I have for you will always be pure and deep for as long as I live, I will always love you ~ Joonie.

Jin felt arms wrap around his waist and lips press a kiss on his neck. Jin held the bouquet close to his chest as he rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder looking up at his face. Namjoon lent down whilst Jin lent upwards, their lips were about to connect when the bell signalling for the start of lesson sounded.

"We better get to class" Namjoon said as he pulled away from Jin, Jin let out a small sigh as he put the flowers back into his locker with the books he does not need before closing the door and following Namjoon to their lesson.


Jin stared at the bag and pink envelope which was in his locker, it was nothing like anything he had received before. Jin grabbed the envelope which was addressed to him and pulled out the pink piece of paper with Namjoon's handwriting on it. It read.

Jinnie, I know how much you love animals and that you would do anything to look after them, I have adopted a lion for you, the money sent will be used to promote sustainable use of natural resources in the region, work with the local communities to monitor lion movements and reduce human-lion conflict, monitor lions in the northern Maasai Mara and fund other essential work around the world to protect lions.

The objects in the bag are a cuddly toy to remember that you are sponsoring a lion, a magazine that keeps you up-to-date, you will get these three times a year and there is a fact pack which is filled with facts about lions, bookmarkers and stickers.

I know this is not specialised to you but I heard you talking about wanting to sponsor an animal to help protect them and I could not help myself, I hope you love this gift Jinnie.

I love you

Joonie 

Jin put the letter back into his locker before closing the door and running in the direction of the canteen. Namjoon sat with his friends talking, Jin ran over and wrapped his arms around Namjoon's neck and buried his head in Namjoon's shoulder.

"Thank you so much but you really do not have to spend all this money on me" Jin whispered into Namjoon's ear.

"Yes, I do because you are worth every penny" Namjoon whispered back.


It was early morning and people were beginning to trickle in through the college doors. Along with them came Jin shortly followed by Namjoon.

As Jin reached his locker expecting to find something that Namjoon had put inside but before he could open his locker, a hand appeared in front of his face holding a familiar pink envelope. Jin held out his hands and Namjoon let the paper float down into them. He carefully ripped open the top of the envelope.

Inside was a 5-page letter. This letter was clearly a love letter but it contained only 4 words repeated over and over.

"I love you Jin" Namjoon whispered into Seokjin's ear as if he was narrating the letter from behind. Jin forced himself to hold back the emotions welling up inside him. 

'What has I done to deserve this wonderful man's love?' Jin thought to himself. No one had ever said they loved him. He just could not believe it. Jin turned around to speak with his not-so-secret admirer but Namjoon had disappeared. 


Jin lay on his bed, it was Saturday morning and Jin had yet to get up. He could hear his parents and the staff running around the house for something they were preparing which they were not telling Jin anything about.

"Seokjin, there is someone at the door for you" his mother shouted up to him, Jin let out a groan as he climbed out of his bed and headed down to the front door.

"Namjoon" Jin muttered when he saw the man standing on his doorstep. Namjoon gave Jin a large smile before saying.

"Grab your coat, we are going out" Jin's eyes widened at the order but never the less, he grabbed his coat and shoes then put them on and followed Namjoon out the house. Namjoon's car was parked outside, he opened the passenger side door for Jin to climb in when Jin sat down, Namjoon closed the door carefully so he did not trap Jin's fingers then he ran over to the driver's side and climbed in. 

"So where are we going?" Jin asked as Namjoon started the car.

"It is a secret" Namjoon replied.

"What not even one hint?" Jin questioned a small pout appeared on his lips.

"Nope" Namjoon answered then he turned his attention back to the road. Namjoon pulled up into an empty space near there destination before climbing out then running over to the other side to open the door for Jin who had barely got his seatbelt off.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going now?" Jin asked as Namjoon took his hand in his then pulled him across the road after he had locked the car.

"You will see" Namjoon replied. The walk was short. Jin's eyes widened when they stopped outside a massage building then went inside.

"How may I help you?" the woman at the receptionist asked.

"Kim Seokjin has an appointment at 1 pm today" Namjoon answered. 

"One moment please" the receptionist replied before typing away on her computer.

"Please take a seat in the waiting room over there, the masseuse will call you in soon" the receptionist told them. Namjoon guided Jin over to two empty seats and sat down, they waited for around five minutes until a woman appeared in the waiting room.

"Kim Seokjin" the woman said, Jin slowly stood up and walked over to her.

"Hello Mr Kim, I will be your masseuse today please follow me" the woman introduced herself before turning around and walked off. Jin took a quick look at Namjoon who gestured for him to follow which he did.

"There will be three different types of massages, each will last for 30 to 45 minutes long by the end of all these sessions you should be relaxed. The first massage we will be doing is acupressure massage" the masseuse said.

"If you would please remove your shirt then lie on this massage table on your front" the masseuse told Jin who nodded then followed the masseuse instructions. Jin heard the masseuse move to stand to one side of the massage table before she started her work, Jin could feel himself slowly relax as the masseuse placed pressure on his body's pressure points.

The seconds faded to minutes and those minutes soon started to build up until time had passed and the masseuse was moving onto the next massage.

"Our next massage will be an Indian head massage; would you please move to our massage chair this will give us better access to your head for this massage than the table will" the masseuse said, Jin pushed himself into a sitting position before sliding off the massage table and walking over to the massage chair.

The masseuse then started to massager his muscles and the joints in his head, face, neck and shoulders to release the tension he felt.

"You have been quite stressed lately" the masseuse commented. 

"Yeah, my parents are forcing me to go through something that I do not want to, Namjoon... um... the boy who was with me has been treating me to something every day since the beginning of last month and he refuses to tell me why and I feel like I am suffering with a curse, I see things that I would rather not" Jin cryptically explained.

"Well you should follow and do what you feel will be the best for your life, you are living it not your parents, this Namjoon boy when it is time he will reveal his reasoning for all he is doing and I believe that you cannot be cursed, no one is, if there is something you dislike maybe you should try and find the good in it that will help you like it" the masseuse answered.

"You think" Jin replied looking up at her.

"Of course" she replied before adding "let us move onto the last massage, would you please return to the massage table, this massage is called hot stone massage, this is where I will place smooth, heated stones of different shapes and sizes on your back". Jin stood from the chair and walked over to the massage table once more. 

Namjoon sat in the waiting room for Jin to return. He was currently reading a book which he had picked up a couple of days ago.

"Joonie" a familiar voice said, Namjoon put his book back in his bag as Jin walked over to him.

"How was everything?" Namjoon asked.

"It was really nice to relax but you seriously do not have to pay for this, you have spent so much money on me already" Jin pouted when he watched Namjoon pay once again for him.

"I do not mind, I want to spoil you" Namjoon answered as he took Jin's hand in his and headed towards his parked car. Namjoon once again opened the passenger door for Jin, who climbed in.

"Why are you doing all of this for me, it has been going on for over a month now" Jin asked when Namjoon climbed into the driver's seat. 

"You will find out soon enough beautiful" Namjoon cryptically answered, a small pout formed on Jin's lips as he turned the radio on and looked out the window as Namjoon drove him home. Namjoon pulled up outside Jin's house, Jin unbuckled his belt before turning to face Namjoon.

"Thank you for today" Jin said.

"You are welcome, um... there is a movie I wanted to go see tomorrow, do you want to go with me?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah I would like that but I want to pay for my own ticket" Jin demanded. Namjoon let out a small chuckle which instantly told Jin that he was not going to get his way.

"Not going to happen beautiful" Namjoon replied as he climbed out the car before running around to Jin's side and opened the door for him then offered his hand to help Jin get out. The pair walked hand in hand as he approached the front door, Jin turned back to face Namjoon.

"I will see you tomorrow" Jin said.

"Yeah, I will see you tomorrow, be ready by 11 am and I will pick you up" Namjoon told him.

"Okay, I will be ready" Jin replied, Namjoon smiled before moving forward and pressed a quick peck on Jin's lips then he pulled away and headed back to his car. Jin lifted his hand to his lips, a small smile was present on his face as he watched Namjoon drive away. 


Jin lent against his front door waiting for Namjoon to pick him up, his parents had been talking about his fiancé before he had left, and he did not want Namjoon to overhear the conversation. Namjoon's car pulled up outside the house and Jin quickly climbed in the passenger's side.

"What film are we seeing?" Jin asked.

"It is a secret" Namjoon answered, Jin pouted slightly before turning to face the scenery. Namjoon pulled up into the car park, he then climbed out the car and grabbed Jin's hand and entangled their fingers together. Jin's cheeks turned bright scarlet as they entered the cinema. Namjoon pulled Jin towards the ticket booth.

"Let me pay for myself" Jin begged.

"Nope" Namjoon answered as he handed over the money for the tickets, the food and drinks. Jin picked up the popcorn and drinks whilst Namjoon took the tickets. 

"So, what movie are we watching?" Jin asked as he took his seat.

"It" Namjoon replied.

"The horror movie" Jin said.

"Yes, why? Do you have a problem with horror movies?" Namjoon asked a smirk appeared on his face.

"No" Jin lied.

"You are such a bad liar" Namjoon replied.

"Shut up" Jin muttered.

"Do not worry beautiful, I will protect you" Namjoon said as he pulled Jin onto his lap, Jin's blush darkened as he lay his head on Namjoon's chest as the lights in the cinema started to dim and the adverts started to play. 

Jin spent most of the movie with his head hidden in Namjoon's chest. Jin reluctantly climbed off Namjoon's lap when the movie ended. Jin grabbed Namjoon's hand and entangled their fingers together, Namjoon looked down at their entangled fingers before squeezing their hands.

Namjoon and Jin walked hand in hand out of the cinema and towards Namjoon's car, Jin climbed into the passenger side door. Namjoon threw his jacket into the back as he started the car and drove towards Jin's house.

"We are here" Jin sighed.

"Thank you so much for today, it was fun even though we watched a horror movie" Jin said.

"Thank you for accompanying me, I'd love to go again. Goodnight Jin" Namjoon replied, they smiled at each other before Jin climbed out the car and headed towards the front door.


The bag swung on to the table as the lesson finished, Jin ped it to put his books in ready to leave. However, inside his bag was a familiar pink envelope. Jin never knew when or where he'd find one or what to expect. Namjoon still managed to surprise him. The only thing Jin was sure of was that he never missed a day, to show his love. Jin opened the envelope with care.

Dear Jin, my life. I have a surprise for you. Go to the place of the first letter you ever received to find your next clue. ~ your Joonie.

Jin obeyed and headed to the locker, where he found the second pink envelope from Namjoon. The second letter read:

Make sure you dress up warm and there you'll find your next letter to inform where you must go ~ Joonie.

Jin grew curious. Warm? Is it somewhere cold? He dumped his school bag onto the floor and put on his think coat. Inside the pocket was the next note.

Do not be late at five you will find your carriage awaits ~ Joonie.

Jin waited in anticipation when a horse and carriage pulled up outside the school.

'What is going on?' Jin wondered.

The driver helped him into the carriage and handed him a pink envelope. It read:

You are in for a magical night. You'll dance with your prince until midnight ~ Joonie.

Jin grew nervous as the carriage pulled away towards the unknown, he tried to reassure himself a pep talk. The driver pulled to a stop and stood up.

"You have reached your destination. I hope you are in good form because today we are ice skating" a familiar voice recited the last clue.

"Namjoon!" Jin's voice went up a whole pitch in disbelief, the driver turned out to be none other than his date for the evening. 

"Do you like?" Namjoon spoke with pride at managing to deceive his love. Jin nodded letting Namjoon take his hand once more and lift him from the carriage. Namjoon handed over the tickets and they laced up the skates. Fear could be seen in Namjoon's eyes.

"I have never skated before" Namjoon confessed.

"I wanted my first time to be memorable and with you" Seokjin smiled helping Namjoon on to the ice.

"Don't worry. I am here Joonie." He reassured. "Just try not to break anything for goodness sake."

Jin was a natural, he looked like an angel gliding over the ice. He was having too much fun to notice Namjoon stood there with his mouth wide open at Jin's grace.

"Namjoon, come skate with me" Jin called over.

"I'm not very good" Namjoon whispered as he cautiously skated over before signalling to Jin to have fun, Jin took Namjoon's hand in his and pulled him across the ice.

"Nonsense, didn't you say you wanted to do this together" Jin said as he entangled his fingers with Namjoon before gently pulling him along with him.

"Wooh, this is amazing" Namjoon shouted as he pulled Jin back into him and span him around in the middle of the ice rink. Their bodies were pressed against each other, there was only centimetres between their faces. 

"I love you Jin" Namjoon spoke without thinking, they paused for a moment as Namjoon gazed at him lovingly before breaking the atmosphere with the challenge of a race.

"You are on" Seokjin egged him on, they raced each other but there was no real competition. Jin sped off leaving Namjoon almost walking in his dust, with his arms flailing. The assistant's voice sounded over the speakers.

"The ice rink will be closing soon please make your way to the edge of the rink".

It was time to end this magical night.


Namjoon ran over to Jin who was collecting his books from his locker, the college day had finished with Namjoon not giving Jin a letter or present like he normally did. Jin was slightly suspicious to what Namjoon was up to as he knew what Namjoon was capable of doing for him. Namjoon quickly pulled the blindfold he had from his pocket then wrapped it around Jin's eyes.

"What are you doing?" Seokjin asked he could instantly tell that it was Namjoon behind this as he was the only person who would do this.

"You will see beautiful" Namjoon answered as he grabbed Jin's bag, he threw it over his shoulder before picking Jin up in a bridal style hold and carried him out the college towards his car. Namjoon gently placed Jin into the passenger seat then dumped their bags into the boot, he then climbed into the driver's seat and started the car.

"How long do I have to wear this blindfold?" Jin asked.

"Until I tell you to take it off" Namjoon replied. Seokjin could feel the long hour go past but they were yet to arrive.

Finally, they reached their destination, Namjoon parked the car before climbing out and ran over to Jin's side. He helped the blindfolded man out of the car then carefully pulled him into his arms once more. Namjoon carried Jin to the spot then gently place Jin's feet back on the ground before wrapping his arms around Jin's waist.

"I thought we could watch the sunset together" Namjoon said as he took the blindfold off, the sun had already started to set, the sky was full of red, yellow and oranges.

"I would love too" Jin muttered, tears threatened to fall. No one had ever done something like this for him. He felt Namjoon removing his arms from his waist making Jin turn around to see what Namjoon was doing. There was a blanket laid out on the floor, Namjoon sat down before patted the floor in-between his legs. A blush crept onto Jin's cheeks as he sat between Namjoon's legs with his back pressed against Namjoon's chest and Namjoon's arms were back around his waist. 

The pair stayed like this as they watched the sunset, Namjoon had brought some food along with his which they ate. Soon, the night sky was pitch black, the lights in the park lit up the area just enough for the pair to see one another. Jin rested his head against Namjoon's shoulder, his heart was hammering in his chest has he lent up and pressed their lips together.

The kiss was slow and sweet.

"We better go" Namjoon whispered when they broke apart.

"Yeah" Jin muttered as he stood up, Namjoon took his hand in his then pulled him towards his car.


At the end of the day, Jin placed his books into his bag and headed towards his locker to collect his other books and coat. Jin opened his locker to find a pink envelope with his name written on it. He opened the envelope and pulled the letter out. It read:

To my love, to be hopelessly yours: this is my fate; and more than conforming myself to it, I rejoice with it! The possibility of not having you someday would frighten me, if not terrify me.

How could I live without your love and without the providential support of your shoulder, always a pillow for my little head always so tired? How could I be happy without the comfort of your words, always gentle and optimistic? You complete me as a human being, you complete me as a man. On the other hand, you are an extension of me and I know you would not stand too long in my absence. As I put myself in your hands, I know that you are in my hands, but I want you to understand this not as a threat but as confirmation of a great love, because I do not mind that I am in your hands and it does not weigh anything to have you in my hands, because I know that we will always use our hands to distribute affection to one another. I'm hopelessly yours, I need you. And I'm so yours that I take that as a confession of surrender because I trust you so fully that I would never shy away from doing anything that would relieve your suffering or cause you any pleasure, whatever it was. ~ Love Joonie. 

Jin smiled at the sweet love letter before carefully putting it back in the envelope then into his bag, he grabbed his coat from his locker and put it on then headed towards the exit of college. Jin let out a loud sigh as he saw it was raining outside and his coat did not have a hood and he had forgotten to bring an umbrella to college as it did not normally rain in April.

Jin did not make it out the college grounds until he heard someone shouting his name, Jin turned around to see Namjoon running over to him with an umbrella.

"You should not be walking home in the rain without an umbrella beautiful" Namjoon said before handing his umbrella to Jin. 

"But that would mean you would get wet" Jin complained.

"Do not worry about me beautiful" Namjoon answered.

"No, I cannot take your umbrella from you" Jin said but Namjoon just grabbed his hand and wrapped it around the umbrella before leaning forward and capturing his lips with Jin. The rain pours down on the pair but neither boy cared as Namjoon deepened the kiss, when he thought that Jin was too distracted by the kiss he pulled away then broke out into a run leaving his umbrella with a flustered Seokjin.


Jinnie, today I feel very happy because I notice every and each moment which you are apart of, the importance you represent to me and the strength you transmit, so that I can face whichever obstacle without fear or insecurity, moved only by an infinite will to make you as happy as I feel this minute.

You are gorgeous and adorable, capable of making me realise how good it is to feel alive, how good it is that your presence makes me grow and transform into a better person, capable of turning dreams into reality and make the result of those dreams, now shared by us both, and eternalizing then into an ambience of harmony, care and love.

My life without you would lack meaning, lack sense. Without you I would be nothing but a wandering errant, searching for my path that could lead me to happiness's door. But with you around, by my side, close to me, I'm certain of having made the right, safer and yet romantic choice. I feel that all this love and care, that I share here with you, goes both ways and it fills my heart with peace and joy. Gazing endlessly into your deep yet sweet eyes, I realize the tender and pure light that pours from your heart and soul.

I shall never let this feeling that joins us perish. Never, by any chance, let us drift away from love's true path, built on complicity and affection.

Love Joonie xxx

Jin felt tears run down his cheeks as he re-read the love letter, he never pictured that once in his life, he would ever experience something like this and he doubts he ever would again. He loves Kim Namjoon with all his heart and he never wanted to let the other boy go. 

Jin was pulled out of his thoughts as he neared ran to his locker to find out what Namjoon had put in it this time, this had been going on for nearly two months. Jin's heart instantly dropped when he saw that there was nothing, there had always been something waiting for him no matter what.

'Maybe I am too early that he had not been able to put anything in here' Jin thought to himself but was soon interrupted by a cough from behind him. Jin turned around to face with Namjoon, in his hands was a bouquet of red roses.

"The rose, it is the worlds most loved flower, it is the symbol of love, its meaning is I love you, red roses are especially popular for expressing romantic love and passion, while other colours, such as white roses, symbolize purity and chastity, and orange roses, an intense desire" Namjoon said before holding the roses out to Jin who carefully took a hold of them. 

"Joonie..." Jin started but soon trailed off as Namjoon took another step towards him, a small smile was present on Namjoon's face as he lent down and captured Jin's lips with his own. Namjoon wrapped his arms around Jin's waist pulling him closer, Jin's arms moved upwards and wrapped around Namjoon's neck loosely, his hand held tightly to the bouquet.

Their lips moved in sync, Namjoon slid his tongue across Jin's bottom lip asking for entrance which Jin instantly granted. The second Jin's lips had parted, Namjoon pushed his tongue in and started exploring every part of the man he loves' mouth. 

"Meet me in the drama studio tomorrow after college finishes" Namjoon said as he pulled away from Jin, his cheeks were flushed and his lips were slightly bruised.

"O...Okay" Jin stuttered out, his heart was pounding like crazy in his chest.

"Good, I will see you later princess" Namjoon replied as he walked off.

Excitement filled Jin's stomach at the thought of what Namjoon wanted to meet him for, he slightly wished that it was already tomorrow but he knew the wait would be worth it, Jin walked towards his next class with a slight spring in his step.


Day 31

Jin's heart was pounding against his ribcage as he stood outside the drama studio after the day had ended, he had received some questioning looks as he just stood there. Jin took a deep breath before pushing the door opened and stepped inside.

 At first sight, I could recognize you

As if we were calling for each other
The DNA in my blood vessels tell me
That it's you I was looking all over for

Jin jumped in surprise as the music started to play, he instantly recognised the voice to belong to Namjoon but instead of rapping which he normally did, he was singing. 

You're the source of my dream
Take it, take it
My hand reaching out to you is my chosen fate

Don't worry, love
None of this is a coincidence
We're totally different, baby
Because we're the two who found our destiny

Jin walked further into the drama studio looking for the man in question in the dark studio, the lights suddenly switched on, Namjoon stood on the stage. The room was decorated in photographs of Namjoon and Jin, there were hearts balloons, heart origami and roses. 

From the day of the universe's creation and beyond
Through the infinite centuries and beyond
In the previous life and maybe the next too
We're eternally together

None of this is a coincidence
Because we're the two who found our destiny
DNA

Jin turned his attention back to Namjoon who walked over to him with his hand held out towards him. Jin reached out and took Namjoon's hand in his. The younger boy pulled the older against his chest, Namjoon's arms went around Jin's waist whilst Jin's wrapped around Namjoon's neck.

 I want it this love I want it real love

I only focus on you
You steer me a little harder
The DNA of the genesis wants you
This is inevitable, I love us
We are the only true lovers

The pair swayed together as Namjoon continued to sing or rap depending on what part of the song it was. Jin rested his head on Namjoon's shoulder, he could listen to Namjoon singing for the rest of his life.

Every time I see him, I freak out
Surprisingly, I keep gasping and it's weird, maybe
This is the emotion they call love
Because from the very beginning, my heart runs to you

Don't worry, love
None of this is a coincidence
We're totally different, baby

Because we're the two who found our destiny

Jin saw the others in the corner recording them but he could not bring himself to care, he wanted to remember this moment for the rest of his life. 

From the day of the universe's creation and beyond
Through the infinite centuries and beyond
In the previous life and maybe the next too
We're eternally together

None of this is a coincidence
Because we're the two who found our destiny
DNA

Jin turned his attention to Namjoon who was staring down at him with a large smile present on his face. Jin could feel butterflies in his stomach as the pair continued to dance together. 

Don't look back
Because we're the two who found our destiny
Don't regret it, baby
Because we're forever
Forever
Forever
Forever
Forever
We are together

Namjoon pulled away from Jin and spun him around, Jin's eyes caught Jungkook running over to Namjoon and gave him something but he could not tell what it was. 

Don't worry, love
None of this is a coincidence
We're totally different, baby
Because we're the two who found our destiny

La la la la la
La la la la la
Because it's not a coincidence
La la la la la
La la la la la
Because it's not a coincidence
DNA

"Jinnie, you have been on my mind ever since I met you, the feelings I have for you have grown stronger the longer we have been together, I wanted these last two months to prove my love has no boundaries and I will forever stand by you no matter. Kim Seokjin, I love you so much, will you do me the honour and become my boyfriend" Namjoon said handing Jin a bouquet of all the flowers Jin had received over the two months.

"Yes, I will be your boyfriend" Jin answered wrapping his arms around Namjoon's neck and pressing their lips together.

"I love you Jinnie" Namjoon muttered against Jin's lips.

"I love you too Joonie" Jin replied breaking the kiss and hugging his boyfriend.