Chapter 1

I See You

Have you ever lost someone dear to you and wished that they were with you all the time and that you were able to speak with them like nothing happened, yes, no. Sometimes people have wondered what it like after death do the souls of the departed, stay on earth or do they go somewhere else, the truth is they stay and live out their own lives in a world that is completely invisible to everyone except for the gifted few. It depends on if the person believes they are gifted or cursed being able to watch those who have departed from their world live like they have been a part of that world for their whole lifetime.

Kim Seokjin is one of the gifted that could see the dead and like most believed he was cursed, to prevent anyone learning about his ability he started pulling away from others which need not go down well with his parents who need him to keep up appearance of a wealthy boy who was training to take over their family business, this forced Jin to hide his ability from even his parents. Jin was attending one of the best colleges is Seoul where he was taking Business, Technological Studies, and Catering, the first two courses were to help with his training to take over the business the other was because Jin loved his food (his dream job was to become a chef much to his parent’s dismay). 


Jin opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling before slowing climbing out of bed and headed towards his wardrobe. Jin grabbed his pink skinny jeans and hoodie which were hanging up and dropped then onto his bed before grabbing his black t-shirt and underwear from his chest of draws before putting everything one. Jin then grabbed his messenger bag from beside his desk with all his work in then left his room, running downstairs and grabbing two pieces of toast on his way out.

The walk to college lucky was not a long one, Jin hated being outside just in case he ran into a ghost and react badly in front of strangers or people he was mildly acquainted with. The college he attends is massive which meant that there was a limited chance of him running into anything unliving or living.

The college was pretty much empty when Jin arrived which relieved the teen the most because he was able to sneak towards his classroom without people bumping into him either by accident or on purpose like most did, he entered his business classroom without any incidences and took his place at the front of the classroom in the corners before pulling his notepad out from his bag and waited for the lesson to begin completely unaware of the eyes which were currently staring at him from the other side of the classroom.


Kim Namjoon was one of the most popular boys in the college, he had girls throwing themselves at him every other minute all of them wishing they could be the girl for the boy with a high IQ of 148. Namjoon watched as the pink dressed boy entered to classroom and took his seat, Namjoon felt his heart speed up a little whilst he stared at the boy who he did not recognise but since he did not introduce himself to the class it must mean that they were already a part of the class for who knew how long. Namjoon internally punched himself for being completely oblivious to this beautiful boy attending his class for who knows who long.

“Hey, do anyone of you know who he is?” Namjoon questioned his friends and the girls who had put themselves into their friendship group without giving the boys any choice since they all believed that Namjoon liked them. Taehyung and Jungkook pulled away from their make out session and stared at the boy Namjoon was pointing too.

“No” the couple said before locking lips again.

“I swear that I am they only straight person in this group and no I do not recognise the boy” Hobi complained whilst glaring at Tae and Jungkook.

“Hey, our Joonie is straight” one of the girls shouted but was drowned out by the gasp let out from Namjoon, Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook.

“But dude you know everyone” Jungkook shouted which attracted the attention of the pink princess at the front of the class, he turned around and his eyes locked with Namjoon’s before turning back to face the front. Namjoon swore that his heart had stopped when he stared at those brown eyes locked with his, Namjoon also noted the fact the boy was wearing pink lip gloss which brought out his plush lips even more.

“His name is Kim Seokjin and he is a freak, he refuses to interact with anyone unless forced too in class, he is so attractive that he could have any girl he wished for but refused so even acknowledge anyone near him” another girl, Anna said anger was present in her voice which told everyone that she had attempted to get Seokjin’s attention.

“Kim Seokjin, huh” Namjoon muttered he liked how the name just rolled off his tongue, Namjoon was tempted to stand up and talk about his new school interest but the teacher decided to enter the classroom, Namjoon swore that this man had something against him because he always walked in on something which involved Namjoon either breaking something or getting something he wanted.


The lesson drowned on but Namjoon was not paying attention, his eyes were trained on the beauty at the front of the class who was scribbling down notes in his notebook, his attention was trained on the teacher and everything the teacher was talking about from the notes written on his presentation. Finally, the lesson ended, it was lunch (that was how long the lessons were) Namjoon was about to walk over to his princess but one of the girls which for some reason was taking this class (probably to spend more time annoying Namjoon) grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the canteen.

It took a lot of persuading until Namjoon could slip away from his group of friends and its additions unwelcome acquaintance. Namjoon first scanned the canteen to see whether his princess was among them by himself but unfortunately, he wasn’t but it was not long until Namjoon found him, Namjoon knew where everything was in the college from a number of times he slipped (ran) away from the girls stalking him.

Seokjin was sat by himself at the benches which hardly anyone used because they were put nowhere near the sports equipment that people used at lunch. Namjoon approached the bench, Jin was staring directly at him but by the look in Jin’s eyes he was not completely registering his surroundings, Namjoon was not a couple of steps away from Jin’s bench. Jin seemed to come back to himself grab his stuff shoved him into his bag and legged it in the opposite direction to Namjoon.

“Was it something I said or did not say” Namjoon muttered to himself as he watched the boy disappear around the corner, his eyes could not help but travel lower.