Poolside View

Random: Heart- fluttering

Poolside View (Ong-side View)

 

Ong Seongwoo had been sipping a can of beer while dipping himself into the shallow part of the pool. He takes in the view of the clear night sky that was filled with stars illuminating above him. There were only a couple of adults using the pool soon left as it gets late in the night.

 

He was about to come out when two familiar figure just made their way towards the pool. They were busily chatting with each other and probably haven't realized him yet. So Seongwoo decided to pull a prank on those two and stealthily made his way towards the end of the pool and quietly waits at a corner and hid himself.

 

He calculates their movement and when he hears the sound of the door opened and their voices become clear he jumps out the water and splashed a hefty lot of water towards them. The two sure jumped in surprise but Ong Seongwoo thought he was the one surprised instead.

 

During his seal jump out of the water he caught a glimpse of what seem to look like that the both of them were actually holding hands while sweetly looking into each other until he interrupted them.

 

“Seongwoo hyung, you were here?” Jihoon asked looking flustered.

 

Seongwoo lets out an awkward laugh and looks at the both of them back and forth. The both of them avoided his eyes for a second until Daniel decided to break the silence.

 

“Why didn't you tell us you were here,” Daniel says with a sheepish smile. “We could've gone together,”

 

“I could've asked you if you just stayed in the room you fool,”

 

“Aahh..” Daniel only said agreeing with his statement.

 

“Where were the both of you anyways?” Seongwoo stated his curiousity. “I don't even see you guys during dinner,”

 

Their faces hardened and the two men look at each other. They glared at each other as if they were talking through their eyes seemingly trying to find the appropriate answer to his question.

 

“We..we...we were both at the gym, exercising,” Daniel answers.

 

“Yeah,” Jihoon backs up.

 

It somehow doesn't feel truthful to Seongwoo's ears. “Hmm...Something's fishy...”

 

The both of them lets out a sheepish smile, both awkwardly stiff standing in their stance as if being caught lying.

 

“Is the water cold hyung?” Daniel asks changing the topic.

 

Seongwoo squints his eyes looking at Daniel suspiciously. “Come in and see,” and decided not to ask further.

 

Daniel takes off his shirt and jumps into the water, diving like a pro. A big splash splattered everywhere and Seongwoo had to back off from the impact. Daniel soon came to the surface laughing like a mad man feeling satisfied with the chaos he made.

 

Somehow Seongwoo finds it odd when he realizes that Jihoon was only sitting with his arms wrapping around his legs, sitting at the edge of the pool.

 

“Jihoon-ah,” Seongwoo calls. “Aren't you going in?”

 

“Jihoon can't swim,” Daniel answers before Jihoon could even speak.

 

Which Seongwoo finds it even more odd to actually have accompanying someone when you won't be part of the fun aswell. He eyes the both of them back and forth, but the both of them decided to avoid his gaze and Seongwoo just shrugs it off then, well probably Jihoon just wants to get some cool LA night breeze.

 

Just like men their ages, they would splash water at each other, doing a competition over who reaches the end first, and have a competition on who has the prettiest dive between the both and they would let Jihoon to become the judge. Whenever Jihoon would choose Seongwoo as the winner Daniel would become really and he means really really competitive and a rematch must be hold.

 

Seongwoo finds it ridiculous yet so funny how Daniel was so ambitiously wanting to win. His Busan satori came out when he argues and Jihoon would be just laughing it off at the side. Jihoon would quarrel back sometimes and he could briefly sees the younger man jolt out his tongue, teasing the upset hyung.

 

At that time Seongwoo feels like he's a third-wheel well not that he suggests the both of them are dating, but that's what it felt like right then. It somehow reminded him to the time when they did an ad and Jihoon suddenly confessed to the camera that he likes him but says 'I also like Daniel hyung the best,' right after his confession to him. Why does it felt like he was just a medium to Jihoon's love confession for Daniel. And Seongwoo thought Jihoon really likes him back then. Oh well.

 

They chatted for a while and it was getting late in the night and Seongwoo suggests that they should end their pool session.

 

“Hyung can go up, we'll just stay here for a bit,” Daniel says casually swimming towards Jihoon.

 

“Okay then,” as Seongwoo climbs up the pool.

 

Seongwoo was busy drying himself with a towel when he thought he actually sees Jihoon pat Daniel's head gently. But it was so brief when he looks back at them Daniel was already next to Jihoon, arms crossed resting on the pools side, half of his body still dipped in water. The both of them gave him a look as if waiting for him to leave.

 

Something's fishy. There's really something going on between the both of them.

 

“You guys don't be too late,” Seongwoo says.

 

“Alright hyung,” Daniel replies back.

 

“Goodnight hyung,” Jihoon's voice follows.

 


Hello, I'm back again. Sorry for the no update in weeks. Almost a month actually erk..

I hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I do while writing it. :)

Also, I've written a new nielwink omegaverse! au fic. It's rated and the messiest writing I've ever written so far. But if you don't mind my crappy writing and are , you can check out: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1291557/september-nielwink