Be Careful

Perfect

 

“There has been another case,” Toad says. “A robber has been breaking into houses.”

Everyone is standing in front of Toad as he informs them about the case.

“Is the robber stealing money,” Toad asks. “No. Anything valuable? No. What is the robber looking for? Women. From what I have heard, the robber looks for young women. He’s already assaulted two of them. Their ages are 22 and 23.”

“What about the man,” Pinocchio asks. 

“He’s in his forties.”

“Forties,” Melon asks. “Despicable. He calls himself a man?”

“We must catch him,” Won Sik says. “Before he can make another move.”

“He’s been making his moves,” Toad stops.

“What is it,” Pinocchio asks.

“He’s been making his moves in your neighborhood, Tiger.”

“What,” Won Sik asks. “My neighborhood?”

“You should tell that nanny to be careful,” Toad says.

“Everything should be fine,” Won Sik assures. “I have a security system that should be safe, and the windows are made of maxiglass. It shouldn’t be able to break.”

“You should always take extra precaution.”

“Yes, sir.” 

As they work, Won Sik’s phone rings. He takes it outside and answers it.

“Mom,” he says. “How was your trip?”

“Great,” she says. “And now that we're back, we want to see the kids.”

“I'm at work right now.”

“Who's watching the kids then?”

“I hired a nanny to watch my kids.”

“And she's there right now?”

“Yes. She's there 24/7.”

“She even sleeps at your house?”

“Yes, but don't worry, mom. She's a very good nanny.”

“Are you sure she's not stealing anything?”

“No, mom. She's not that kind of person. If you want to see the kids, I will take off work early today. Come by at six.”

“Okay. I'll see you then.”

Won Sik hangs up and heads back inside. He walks straight to Toad and asks to get off at five. Toad grants him the request, so he goes home at five.

“Why are you here so early,” Soo Ah asks.

She is in the living room sitting on the couch, while Junho and Soo Jung are eating a bowl of carrots and broccoli.

“My parents are coming over at six,” Won Sik says.

“Your parents are coming over,” Soo Ah asks surprised. “Why didn't you tell me earlier?”

“I thought I didn't have to. We just have to get the kids ready.”

“It's almost time for dinner. I should at least serve them dinner.” 

“It's okay. They want to bring the kids to their house to sleep for a few nights, so you'll be free.”

“Okay. I should still go make some extra dinner.”

“You really don't have to. What did you make already?”

“I made the marinated beef because Junho wanted to eat that.”

“That should be enough. You don't have to worry about making a lot.”

“Okay then.”

“My parents should already have most of the things that the kids need, so we just have to pack Junho’s backpack and their coats.”

“Okay.”

“They won't be here until six though, so don't worry about it yet.”

But six o'clock comes by quickly. Soo Ah answers the door and greets Won Sik’s parents.

“You must be the nanny,” Won Sik’s mother says.

“Yes. You must be Mr. and Mrs. Kim,” Soo Ah says. “Please come in.”

They both step inside the house, and Soo Ah closes the door. 

“Please sit,” Soo Ah says. “Would you like to eat anything?”

“We're fine.”

“The kids are eating right now. Are you sure?”

“The kids are eating?”

“Yes. Junho wanted to eat some beef, so I made him some.”

“Oh.”

“Grandma,” Soo Jung yells as she runs in. 

“Hi, sweety,” Mrs. Kim says.

Soo Jung hugs Mrs. Kim, so Mrs. Kim hugs her back.

“Grandpa too,” Soo Jung says as she hugs him.

Mr. Kim gives out a chuckle and hugs her.

“Grandma! Grandpa,” Junho says running in. He hugs the both of them, before he takes their hands. “Let's go eat dinner! Ms. Lim made the best beef!”

“She did,” Mrs. Kim says. “Okay. Let's go.”

Mr. and Mrs. Kim walks to the kitchen. 

“Hi, mom, dad,” Won Sik says.

“Hello,” Mr. Kim says.

They sit next to Soo Jung.

“Is it good,” Mr. Kim asks Soo Jung.

She nods her head and continues to eat. 

“Here you go,” Soo Ah says placing dinner in front of Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

“Thank you,” they both say.

“I'm sorry. I was told that you would visit late, so I couldn't make anything else.”

“It's okay,” Mrs. Kim says. “This is fine.”

Mr. Kim takes a bite and nods his head. “This is very good,” he compliments. “I can see why Junho likes this.”

“Thank you, Mr. Kim,” Soo Ah says,

Mrs. Kim takes a bite as well. “It is very good.”

“Thank you,” Soo Ah says with a big smile.

“You're not eating,” Won Sik asks as he sits down with his plate.

“I'll eat after you all are done,” Soo Ah says.

“Why not just eat now. There will be less of a mess for you to clean.”

“If you insist.”

Soo Ah grabs her a plate and joins them on the table. She is sitting in between Mrs. Kim and Won Sik. 

“Next time you make this,” Won Sik says. “Add some potatoes. I think it'll taste good.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Dinner was great tonight.”

“Thank you,” Soo Ah says with a huge smile.

After dinner, Soo Ah dresses Soo Jung up in her coat, hat, and mittens. Junho is already putting them on himself. After she is done with Soo Jung, Soo Ah walks over to Junho and helps him fix his hat.

“Do you usually visit grandma and grandpa often,” Soo Ah asks.

“We used to visit grandma and grandpa all the time,” Junho says. “But since you’re here, we don't visit grandma and grandpa anymore.”

“You must be excited then.”

“I'm very excited,” Junho says with a grin.

“That's good.”

Soo Ah hands Junho his backpack.

“Let's go,” Soo Ah says. She holds their hands and takes them out to the living room.

“Are we ready,” Mrs. Kim asks.

“Yes, grandma,” Junho says.

“Thank you for dinner, Ms. Lim,” Mr. Kim says.

“It was nothing, Mr. Kim,” Soo Ah says.

“Let’s go,” Mrs. Kim says.

“Bye, daddy,” Junho says as he hugs Won Sik.

“Be good alright,” Won Sik says.

“Yes, daddy.”

“Bye, daddy,” Soo Jung says as she also gives Won Sik a hug.

“Bye, sweetheart,” Won Sik says. “Be good to grandma and grandpa okay.”

“Okay, daddy.”

“Go give Ms. Lim a hug too.”

Soo Jung runs over to Soo Ah and hugs her. Soo Ah squats down and gives Soo Ah a hug.

“Bye, baby girl,” Soo Ah says.

“Bye, Ms. Lim,” Soo Jung says.

Junho gives her a hug as well, so Soo Ah gives one back.

“We’ll bring them back in a week,” Mrs. Kim says.

“Okay, mother,” Won Sik replies.

Won Sik and Soo Ah sends the four of them off, and then Soo Ah goes to clean the kitchen.

“Would you like any help,” Won Sik asks.

“No. You probably have a lot of work to do,” Soo Ah replies as she puts the dishes into the sink. 

“It’s fine. I can at least dry the dishes.”

“No.”

“Please. I insist.”

“Okay.”

Soo Ah washes the dishes, and Won Sik wipes them dry before he puts them away. After they are done, Won Sik goes to his room and starts to work. Soo Ah, on the other hand, is wiping down the tables. After she is done, Soo Ah goes to her room and sits on the bed. She sighs and stretches. Soo Ah lies down and closes her eyes.

“Ms. Soo Ah,” Won Sik says.

“Yes,” Soo Ah says shock. She sits up to see Won Sik standing at the door. “Do you need something?”

“You don’t have to wake up early anymore. You can sleep and wake up whenever you want.”

“Yeah.”

“Also, don’t worry about me. Since the kids are not here anymore, you can go out and see your friends. Once the kids are back, you can come back too.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Plus,” Won Sik pauses. “There’s been a case of a robber who breaks into houses, and the robber is targeting this neighborhood.”

“Oh no.”

“I don’t know when the robber will target this house, so you have to be careful. Though this house is pretty secured, I just wanted to warn you.”

“Thank you for warning me.”

“And he’s targeting women your age.”

“What?”

“I know it sounds scary, but I promise to protect this town and you. If you ever feel that anything is weird or different around here, call me immediately.”

“Okay.”

“You have my phone number don’t you?”

“I do.”

“Okay.”

“Thank you for warning me. I’m glad the kids aren’t here. They’ll be in danger.”

“No problem. Well you look tired. Go to sleep.”

“Okay. Good night”

“Night.”

Won Sik leaves, and Soo Ah lies back down. When she awakes in the morning, the time is already nine. She gasps and runs to the living room. The house is quiet, so she knows that Won Sik is out to work already. Soo Ah goes wash up before she goes make herself breakfast.

Did Mr. Kim eat breakfast before he left?

After eating, Soo Ah goes out to the grocery store to buy more food to make for lunch and dinner. As she is looking through aisles, she notices someone approaching her.

“Hi,” the man says. 

She turns her head. “Hi,” she says shocked and happy. “How are you?”

“Fine and you?”

“Great. Great.”

“I heard you’re going to graduate next year.”

“Yes. I’m excited for it.”

“I’m excited for you too. What are you up to these days?”

“I have a job now.”

“You do? I'm glad! I did hear you were looking for a job. Where are you working?”

“I'm working as a nanny.”

“I thought you wanted a job related to your major.”

“It is related to my major. I'm taking care of people. Though they don't usually get hurt, I'm still taking care of them, and the kids are very sweet.”

“That's great then. I do have one question though. I stopped seeing you come to the dorms. What happened?”

“My boss gave me a room to sleep in.”

“Really? So you sleep at your job?”

“Yeah. It was more convenient for me to stay there.”

“Oh.”

“Well, I'm glad to meet you here.”

“Actually, I wanted to invite you out.”

“You did?”

“Will tomorrow work? If not we can go out another day.”

“I would love to come, but I need to ask my boss first.”

“Okay. Can I give you my phone number?”

“Of course.”

Soo Ah hands her phone over to the man, and he types his phone in.

“Here you go,” he says.

“Thank you. I'll see you around, Young Jae.”

“Yeah.”

Soo Ah goes check out her items and heads home. She makes herself lunch. After she eats, the time is only two in the afternoon. There is nothing else for her to do, so she decides to go out. Soo Ah grabs her bag, keys, and coat before she climbs into her car. It only takes her about an hour and a half before she arrives at her father's house. 

“Dad,” Soo Ah calls out. “I'm here!”

Her father comes out from the living room with a big smile. “Soo Ah!”

Soo Ah smiles and invites herself in. “Have you been well?”

“Yes! Have you?”

“I'm fine, dad.”

“Are you hungry?”

“I'm fine, dad. I ate before I came here.”

“Are you thirsty?”

“I'm fine, dad.”

They go sit at the living room. 

“What are you up to these days,” Soo Ah asks.

“I'm just staying home, and I'm doing that yoga class I told you about.”

“Ahh. Where's uncle Jimmy?”

“He has some family business to take care of today.”

“Ahh.”

“So are you sleeping over today?”

“I would love to, dad, but I didn't tell my boss that I was coming here.”

“You came here without permission? Is that okay?”

“It should be fine.”

“What about his children?”

“Their grandparents are watching them for a whole week, so I'm free for a week. I have nothing to do today, so I thought I should come visit you.”

“What about your boss then?”

“He's working.”

“You two are the only ones at home then?”

“Yes.”

“Soo Ah, if you have any friends, I say you should go sleep at their house. It's not appropriate for a man and a woman to stay together in a house alone.”

“I know, dad, but I don't have any close friends.”

“Not even the girls you share a dorm with?”

“We only stay in the dorm together because we have to, but we're not close friends.”

“You have no one to house with? Who did you stay with while school is on break?”

“I rented myself an apartment when school was over. After school began, I only stayed in the dorms. Since school is done now, I don't stay in the dorms anymore, and since I have a place to stay now, I never looked for an apartment.”

“Soo Ah, you know I trust you right? It's the man that I don't trust.”

“I know father, but believe me. This family is not bad. If he wanted to do something to me, he would've already made a move. He's also a policeman, so he knows what's right and what's wrong.”

“He's a policeman?”

“Yes.”

“Even though he's a policeman, you should always be careful.”

“Don't worry, dad. I'm always watching my back.”

“Good. How's school going these days?”

“School is over now. I only have one more year then I'll be graduating.”

“That's good. I'll be there when you graduate.”

“Of course you will. I'll come pick you up.”

“Is your job paying you well?”

“Yes. I already got two paychecks already.” Soo Ah grabs her purse and takes out some money. “Here,” she says handing her father a wad of money. “I have nothing to give you, so I'm giving you this, so you can go buy whatever you want.”

“You don't have to.”

“I want to. Dad, you've done so much for me, and I haven't done anything for you.”

“Please. That's what parents are supposed to do. Thank you,” her father says taking the money. “I have something to give you too.” Her father stands up and walks to his room before he comes out with an old brown box. He sits down. “This is where I keep the most precious items that hold great meaning to me.” He opens the box and many treasures appear in front of Soo Ah. “This,” he says grabbing a white bracelet with a white flower on it. “It's your mother's. I've been keeping it this whole time because it holds a great value to her. Her mother gave it to her. Her last wish was to give this to you, but since you were still little, I kept it instead.” He hands her the bracelet, and she accepts it.

“It's so pretty,” she says. 

“Should I put it on you?”

Soo Ah nods her head, so her father puts the bracelet on her wrist. 

“It's very pretty,” Soo Ah says again. 

“Keep it. This is your mother's most treasured item.”

“Thank you, dad. I'll keep it safe for mom.”

Soo Ah stays and goes buy food to make dinner for her father. After cooking, eating, and cleaning, the time is already seven. 

“You should get going,” her father says. “It's getting very late.”

“Okay, dad. Take care of yourself.”

“You too. Do you cook dinner for your boss as well?”

“I usually do, but he tells me not to worry about him.”

“Why don't you bring some food to him?”

“No. I don't think he's going to eat it anyway. He usually doesn't even when I make dinner, so just save the food for yourself. Bye, dad.”

“Okay, then. Take care, honey.”

Soo Ah climbs into her car, and drives home. When she enters the house, it is still quiet, so she knows that Won Sik is still at work. She goes put her purse, keys, and coat away before she goes to the kitchen. Soo Ah looks into the fridge and takes out some vegetables before she starts to make a small dinner for Won Sik. After she is done, she goes take a shower and sits on the bed. Soo Ah dries her hair with the towel before she takes out her phone. She scrolls through her news feed before she goes to the living room. Soo Ah sits on the couch and sighs.

It's so boring. Without the kids, the house is so quiet. 

Suddenly, Soo Ah hears someone fumbling the doorknob. She freezes in her spot, but her head turns to the door. All the curtains are closed, and the door and windows are locked, so Soo Ah doesn't feel as frightened, but she is still scared. Soo Ah remembers what Won Sik told her, so she quietly runs to her room. She grabs her phone and calls Won Sik. After four rings, Won Sik answers.

“Hello,” Won Sik asks.

“Sir, someone is fibbing with the doorknob. I don't know who it is.”

“Are they still there?”

Soo Ah walks to the living room and looks at the door.

“I don't hear anything anymore,” Soo Ah replies.

“Okay. I'll be home soon, so don't worry.”

“Okay.”

“Make sure to keep the doors and windows locked.”

“Yes, sir.”

Won Sik hangs up, so Soo Ah does as well. 

“Who was that,” Toad asks Won Sik .

“It was the nanny. She heard someone trying to break into the house,” Won Sik answers. “I think I should head home.”

“Go. Something might happen.”

“Thank you.”

Won Sik turns off his computer and grabs his belongings before he rushes home. 

Won Sik opens the door to see Soo Ah sitting on the couch. She stands up.

“Did anything else happen,” Won Sik asks.

“No,” Soo Ah replies. “It's been quiet since I called you.”

“Okay. As long as nothing happened. How come it's so dark,” Won Sik asks closing the door.

“I thought dimming the lights down would help.”

Won Sik pauses. “You must be tired. Why don't you go to sleep. I'll be here now.”

“Okay. I'm sorry for being a nuisance.”

“You're not a nuisance. You don't have to be sorry for anything.”

Soo Ah heads to her bedroom and sits on the bed. Before she climbs in, she walks back to the living room.

“Sir, I made dinner if you're hungry,” Soo Ah says.

“Okay. Thank you.”

Soo Ah observes Won Sik and notices that he is thinking deeply probably about the case. He looks very stress. She wants to help, but she doesn't know how, so she walks back to her room. As Soo Ah is about to climb into bed, she hears the door pounding. Soo Ah turns around, and listens.

“Minah, what are you doing here,” Won Sik asks. 

“I miss you,” Soo Ah hears Minah say.

“I can smell the alcohol coming from you. Did you drive here by yourself?” Quiet. “Minah, please,” Won Sik says. “I'm not in the mood to deal with this right now.”

“Why are you never in the mood,” Minah asks obviously mad. “I've been doing so much for you!”

“Minah, please.”

“Is it because of that stupid maid you hired?”

“Minah, don't drag someone else into this. You're the one who made this happen by yourself.”

“Where is she?”

Soo Ah hears Minah coming towards her.

“Minah,” Won Sik says stern. “Please don't cause any trouble. I'll call a cab to take you home.”

“Let me go,” Minah yells.

Minah storms over to the bedrooms and looks for Soo Ah. When Minah sees Soo Ah in the bedroom, she storms over and tries to grab Soo Ah, but Soo Ah steps to the side making Minah fall on the bed.

“How dare you,” Minah says. “I'm Won Sik’s girlfriend! Who are you to come in and ruin our relationship!”

“Minah,” Soo Ah hears Won Sik say sternly. He walks in and stands next to Soo Ah.

“I think she fell asleep,” Soo Ah says.

Won Sik looks at Minah and notices that Minah has her eyes closed. 

“Yeah,” Won Sik says. “Did she hurt you?”

“No. I'm fine.”

“Since she's sleeping on your bed, you can go sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch.”

“What? No. I can't. I'll sleep on the couch.”

“I can't let a woman sleep on the couch.”

“And I can't sleep on your bed.”

“Why not? It's just a bed.”

“But it's your bed. Really I can sleep on the couch.”

“You'll sleep on the bed, and I'll sleep on the couch.”

“But.”

“No more buts. That's the final decision.”

Soo Ah wants to defend herself some more, but Won Sik walks out of the room. She walks out of the room and walks to the living room. Won Sik is sitting on the couch. Soo Ah sighs when she knows that she can't say anything else. Instead, she goes to the storage room and grabs a pillow and blanket before she walks back to the living room. 

“These are yours,” Soo Ah says handing them to Won Sik. “I got them from the storage room.”

“Thank you,” Won Sik says taking the pillow and blanket from her. “I was going to grab them myself.”

“You're welcome. It's okay. I'm no use for you anyway, so the best I can do is take some work off your plate.”

“Thank you.”

“Good night, sir.”

“Night.”

Soo Ah walks to Won Sik’s room. It is her first time stepping foot into his room, and her first time seeing everything. The structure of it is similar to hers, but his desk is right next to the door, and his bed is right under the window. Soo Ah approaches his bed and sits on it. She sighs and then lies down on the edge. Soo Ah can't close her eyes. She wants to sleep, but sleeping on Won Sik’s bed doesn't feel right to her. Knowing that Won Sik has slept there already makes Soo Ah feel uncomfortable. She takes a deep breath and smells Won Sik’s scent. She wasn't sure what kind of scent it is, but she kinda likes it. Soo Ah shakes her head. Slowly, her eyes start to close and pretty soon, she falls asleep. 

Won Sik is working on cases and listening if anyone is going to break into his house. As he is working, his stomach growls, so he goes to the kitchen to see if there is anything to eat. When he opens the fridge, he sees a small container, so he takes that out. Won Sik opens the lid and sees a container filled with various vegetables and beef. He can smell it as well, and his stomach growls again. Won Sik warms up the food and eats it. The flavors burst in his mouth making him want more. Won Sik eats and eats until he gets thirsty. He walks to the fridge to grab a water bottle, but instead he finds another container. He grabs it and opens the lid to see various fruits cut into bite size pieces. He grabs a strawberry with his fingers and takes a bite. He finishes his dinner before he goes back to work. 

The time is two in the morning. Won Sik puts away his paperwork, and goes to his room. He sees Soo Ah sleeping soundly on his bed. He walks over to her and drags half the blanket she wasn't sleeping on her. He walks to his closet and takes his pajamas out before he goes to the bathroom to change. Won Sik walks to the couch and goes under the covers before he heads to dreamland. When Won Sik wakes up in the morning, the smell of food fills his nose. He sits up and looks to where the kitchen is. He can't see who is in there, but he can guess that it is Soo Ah. 

Soo Ah opens her eyes and sees that she is still sleeping on Won Sik’s bed. She remembers that she slept without the cover, but the cover is on her. Soo Ah wonders who put that on her. Maybe she did it herself. She shrugs that question off and wakes up. Soo Ah goes wash up and changes into a black sweater and blue skinny jeans. She quietly makes her way to the living room. There, Won Sik is still asleep, so she quietly walks to the kitchen to make breakfast. She notices that Won Sik has been stressed out a lot lately, so she decides to make him a shake that has yogurt, strawberries, bananas, pears, and some milk. For his real breakfast, she makes him some scrambled eggs mixed with tofu and potatoes. 

“Are you making breakfast,” Won Sik asks her.

“Yes,” Soo Ah says. She pours everything onto a plate. “Have some before you go.”

Won Sik sits down in front of the plate and grabs the spoon. He takes a bite and chews.

Soo Ah gives him a glass of water before she goes clean up the pan.

“I'm guessing this breakfast is supposed to be healthy for me,” Won Sik asks.

“Yes, the egg gives you protein, and the oil that I cooked it in gives you the good fat that you need. The tofu will give you calcium, and you're supposed to eat one potato per day.”

“Why is that?”

“It'll give you more potassium. A potato has more potassium than a banana.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

Soo Ah finishes cleaning up, and Won Sik finishes eating. She cleans his plate and puts it away. Before he leaves for work, she runs over to him.

“What is it,” he asks.

“Here,” she says handing him the smoothie. “It's a smoothie.”

He takes it.

“It'll help reduce your stress,” she continues.

“What's in here,” he asks looking at the smoothie.

“Strawberries, bananas, pears, yogurt, and a little bit of milk.”

He nods his head. “Thank you.”

“Make sure to drink it.”

He nods his head.

“If Minah gives you a hard time, just tell her to leave. She will probably leave since I'm not here, but just be careful.”

“Okay.”

Won Sik leaves leaving Soo Ah behind. She goes back to the kitchen and eats breakfast before she makes hangover soup for Minah. After she is done, Minah still hasn't woken up yet, so she goes to the living room. She folds the blanket Won Sik had last night and puts it back into the storage. Then, she goes sit on the couch and scrolls through her phone. As she is doing so, she comes up with Young Jae’s phone number. She gasps because she had forgotten to ask Won Sik if she could go out. Soo Ah calls Won Sik, and he picks up after three rings.

“Is something wrong,” he asks.

“No, sir. I have a question.”

“What is it?”

“Yesterday, when I was shopping, I met one of my friends. He invited me out today and tomorrow. Is it okay if I go with him?”

“Since the kids are not here anymore, you can go wherever you want. You don't have to ask me.”

“Okay. Thank you, sir.”

They hang up, and Soo Ah immediately calls Young Jae.

“Hello,” Young Jae asks.

“Young Jae, it's me,” Soo Ah says.

“Oh, hey! Soo Ah, how are you?”

“I'm fine. I'm also sorry I got to you late. I asked my boss and he said I could come out.”

“That's great! But something came up today. Will you be able to come out tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I'm not doing anything tomorrow.”

“Great. I'll see you tomorrow then.”

“Okay.”

Soo Ah hangs up the phone and looks at the time. It is 9:45 am.

“Did Won Sik leave,” Soo Ah hears Minah ask.

Soo Ah stands up and faces Minah. “Yeah. He left,” Soo Ah replies.

Minah heads to the door.

“Want to stay for breakfast? I made hangover soup,” Soo Ah says.

Minah stops.

 

Minah sits at the table and eats the hangover soup that Soo Ah made. When she is done, Soo Ah washes the bowl. 

“I won't thank you for making me hangover soup,” Minah says.”Because I didn't ask for it.”

How rude. 

“I will ask you for something though,” Minah continues.

Soo Ah finishes washing the bowl and turns off the water. She turns to face Minah while she dries her hand with a towel.

“Stay away from Won Sik,” Minah warns. “Everything was going just fine until you came in. Unless you want to be fired, quit on your own.”

“How can I do that? I need this job, and Mr. Kim will continue to be my boss. If you're jealous, I'm sorry because I will not quit.”

“Well then, I'll be sure he fires you.”

Why is she so rude? Did her parents not teach her manners?

Soo Ah wants to speak out, but she holds it back.

Minah walks away and slams the front door shut. 

“She's lucky I was holding back my anger,” Soo Ah says angry. “I would've told her off.” She runs her fingers through her hair and sighs. 

Soo Ah puts the bowl away, and starts cleaning the kitchen. As she is doing so, she ends up cleaning the whole house. Soo Ah wipes all the tables, sweeps the floors, and even mops the floor. She goes to change the bedsheets on every single bed and washes them. Soo Ah also does the laundry and folds them before she puts them away. After she is done with everything, she goes to the kitchen and makes dinner for Won Sik. After she is done, the time is almost eleven at night. Soo Ah puts the dinner into the fridge, and then goes take a shower. After she is done, Soo Ah sits on her bed and dries her hair with a towel. She wears a long sleeve shirt with long pants. After Soo Ah is done drying her hair, she goes hang the towel in the bathroom. As she is doing so, she hears a noise coming from the living room. She slowly approaches the living room and looks at the door. The lights are already dimmed down, and that has to be one of the reasons that helped her. She sees a shadow coming from the window, so her attention diverts to it. The shadow is big, and it sounds like the shadow is trying to ply the window open. Soo Ah slowly backs away and runs to her room. She grabs her phone and calls Won Sik.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Double update!! I hope everyone is enjoying this story so far. Please let me know how you feel by writing your thoughts below! Thank you for stopping by!! ^^