"Are we --"

Perfect

 

The three of them drive to the store. Melon is going crazy buying toys for his niece while Won Sik is standing in a corner thinking about last night. Did he really not do anything to Soo Ah? Was is really just a dream? Why does it seem so real?

“What are you doing,” Melon asks. “You look very guilty.”

“I feel guilty.”

“What for?”

“Last night, I feel like I did something to Soo Ah.”

“Like what?”

“I don’t know. I feel like I offended her in some kind of way.”

“Did you ask her?”

“I did, and she told me I did nothing wrong, but I feel like I did do something.”

“You did,” Melon says after a pause.

“I did,” Won Sik asks shocked. “What?”

“You don’t remember what happened?”

“If I knew, I wouldn’t be like this. Tell me what I did.”

“You kissed her you drunken idiot.”

“I what? Kissed?”

“I saw it with my own eyes.”

“Why did she lie to me?”

“Maybe because she doesn’t want your relationship to be awkward.”

“You think so?”

“You’ll only know when you ask her.”

Won Sik looks at Soo Ah who is looking at toys as well. He wants to go ask her, but he doesn’t have the courage to yet.

Melon walks over to her and asks her if she is done.

“Yes,” she says with a smile.

“Can we go eat after this,” Melon asks.

“Why are you asking her to spend so much money,” Won Sik asks. “You’re not acting your age.”

“It’s okay,” Soo Ah says. “We can go. I’m hungry too.” She avoids Won Sik and walks to the cash register first to pay.

They sit the the restaurant and eat the food that they have ordered. The three of them order sandwiches and juice. Soo Ah and Melon orders chips on the side. The three of them sit near a window and eat the food that they ordered. After they eat, the three of them head home, and when the time comes, Won Sik and Melon head out to the bay.

 

Soo Ah is alone in the house. She is sitting in the living room staring into space. Honestly, she is worried for Won Sik. What if something happens to him? He won't get hurt will he? A knock on the door is heard, so she goes answer it. A man wearing a yellow shirt and black pants is standing in front of her. His hair is a little messy, and he has a scar on his left cheek.

“Hello, Ms. I've lost my way. Will you please tell me how to get to the main road,” the man asks.

“Yes. All you have to do is follow this road and make a right turn then you'll get to the main road,” Soo Ah answers.

“Thank you. I owe you a gift.”

“It's nothing, sir.”

“No. I insist.” He walks to his car and rummages around. “Darn it! My shirt is stuck.”

Soo Ah goes to see if he needs any help.

“I'm fine,” he says. “Ow!”

“Let me help.”

“I got it,” he replies. He comes out of his car.

“That's good,” Soo Ah says. “I thought you were hurt.”

He turns around and grabs her behind the head before he covers with a cloth. She tries to wiggle free, but everything turns black.

 

Won Sik and Melon are at the bay waiting for the culprit to come. They are following the plan that they have planned out from before. Looking from a distance, Won Sik cannot see the ship that will ship the drugs off. An hour later, the ship comes to bay.

“The ship is here,” Won Sik tells Melon.

“My brother will be here in twenty minutes with the culprit,” Melon says. “Oh Ryu Gyu is the one we're trying to catch.”

“The Ceo of Great Kingdom Drinks.”

Melon nods his head.

“Toad and the guys are probably in place right now too,” Won Sik says.

“Probably. Let's hope our plan isn't ruined.”

“It won't be ruined. We have many backups. We'll catch the culprit no matter what.”

A car drives up to the bay, so Won Sik and Melon takes their stance.

“That's not them is it,” Won Sik asks.

“It shouldn't be them. They won't arrive for another fifteen minutes,” Melon replies.

The both of them observe the car. Two men come out of it and heads to the ship. The talk to the people on the ship and do nothing else.

“They're checking the ship,” Melon says. “My brother just texted me. After they have confirmed about the ship, Oh Ryu Gyu can just come and give them the cargo.”

The men walks back to the car and starts driving away. The minutes have gone by, and black cars start to show up one by one. Men after men come out and carries the cargo to the ship, but before anything could happen, Won Sik signals for his men to go out to arrest them.

“What is going on,” Oh Ryu Gyu shouts.

“Oh Ryu Gyu,” Won Sik shouts. “You're under arrest for illegal drug use and illegal shipping.”

Ryu Gyu’s men points their guns at the cops, so the cops pulls out their guns as well and points it to Ryu Gyu’s mens.

Won Sik expects for him to run away, or orders his men to continue the job, but instead, Ryu Gyu starts laughing.

“I knew this was going to happen,” Ryu Gyu laughs.

Won Sik looks at him weird.

“That's why I have a plan b,” Ryu Gyu continues.

“Whatever your plan is, you're under arrest,” Won Sik says. “Go get him.”

The cops start to march towards Ryu Gyu.

“You won't be saying that when your girlfriend is in my palms.” Ryu Gyu grins.

“Stop,” Won Sik commands. His men stops. “What do you mean?”

“Your girlfriend is under my care right now. If you let us ship this, I'll let her go, but if you stop us, she'll be mine forever.”

“I don't have a girlfriend,” Won Sik says.

“Even better. That girl will be mine no matter what.”

“Who are you talking about?”

“You really don't know her or are you playing stupid? That girl who lives here. You've been living with her for a few days haven't you?”

“Soo Ah?”

“Is that her name? Soo Ah. So beautiful just like her.”

“Don't you dare touch her,” Won Sik warns.

“Then let us continue.”

But he couldn't do that either. He must capture Ryu Gyu no matter what.

“Catch him,” Won Sik commands.

His men runs over to Ryu Gyu’s men. Gunshots are heard and everyone is running around trying to avoid the bullets.

“Are you crazy,” Melon asks Won Sik. “He's never going to let Soo Ah go!”

“No matter what happens,” Won Sik shouts.

They are both hiding behind a car.

“You must capture everyone single person here,” Won Sik continues.

He sees Ryu Gyu running over to a car and climbing into it.

“I have to go save Soo Ah,” Won Sik shouts.

“But.”

With his long legs, Won Sik runs over to his car and climbs in. He turns the ignition on and follows Ryu Gyu. Won Sik makes sure he isn't seen by Ryu Gyu and keeps following him until he drives into the forest.

What is Ryu Gyu doing here?

When Ryu Gyu parks his car, Won Sik parks his car behind some bushes, so Ryu Gyu wouldn't notice. He climbs out of his car and sneaks over to a bush to hide, so he can see what Ryu Gyu is doing.

Ryu Gyu climbs out of his car and heads inside the house like mansion.

Seeing the house shocks Won Sik. What kind of person builds such a huge house in the middle of a forest? Is he going to spend the night here? Is Soo Ah in there? If she is, Won Sik wants to take Soo Ah out of there right away. He sneaks over to the house, but stops when he comes to the front door. His hand slowly reaches for the knob and twists it open. The door creaks open. He slowly makes his way inside the house. Every step that he takes echos through the building. He tries to walk quieter and tries to listen to other sounds. He hears a door open, so he follows the sound.

Won Sik walks quietly in a hallway that is carpeted. He follows the path until it divides right and left. Won Sik stops at the intersection and listens for more noises.

A man's shout can be heard coming from the left, so he quickly goes there.

“Just you wait,” Ryu Gyu announces.

Won Sik stops in his tracks hearing his voice.

“No one knows that you're here. You'll be stuck here forever!” Ryu Gyu shouts.

Won Sik hears his footsteps, and then a door slamming shut. He quickly walks into an open door and hides behind the door. When he hears the footsteps getting closer to him, his heart pounds. It pounds so loudly that he is afraid Ryu Gyu will hear it. When Ryu Gyu passes him, he waits until he can no longer hear the footsteps to come out. Won Sik quickly walks to the end of the hallway and starts twisting the doorknobs. When one is unlocked, he looks inside to see if Soo Ah is there. When he sees no one, he closes it. When a door is locked, he hits the door with his fist and calls for her. One door is unlocked, so he opens it. To his surprise, tons and tons of boxes are stacked in the room. He walks over to one and opens it. He didn't even have to guess because the smell in the room already told him. is inside the box, and he can only imagine there are more in the other boxes. He opens one more, but it isn't , it is money. Stacks of money are in the box. Illegal cash.

This is why such a huge building is built in the forest.

He walks out of the room, and closes it. Won Sik continues to look for Soo Ah, but he hasn't found her yet.

“Soo Ah,” he shouts. “Can you hear me? It's me. Won Sik!” He pounds on a locked door.

“Won Sik,” Soo Ah asks. “I'm here,” she shouts.

His head quickly turns when he hears her voice.

“I'm here,” she continues to shout.

He head towards her voice. “Soo Ah,” Won Sik asks.

“I'm here,” she answers.

He walks to a door in the corner and grabs the knob. He twists it, but the knob is locked.

“Soo Ah, are you there,” he asks.

“I'm in here,” she answers. “I'm here,” she cries.

“Don't worry,” Won Sik assures. “I'll get you out.”

“No! You have to go. He's coming back. I don't know when. You have to go or you'll get hurt.”

“I won't leave until I take you with me.”

“You have to go,” Soo Ah cries.

Won Sik starts to slam the door with his shoulder.

“Don't waste your time,” Soo Ah cries. “Please, just go.”

He starts to kick the door with his feet. After a few tries, the door finally flies open. He sees Soo Ah sitting on the ground. Her hand is behind her back. Won Sik runs in and drops to her level.

“Are you okay,” he asks her worried. “He didn't do anything to you did he?”

Soo Ah shakes her head.

Won Sik wipes her tears away. Seeing her like this makes him mad. He wants to protect her even more. No matter what, he vows to catch Ryu Gyu and put him behind bars.

“You have to go,” Soo Ah says. “He's going to be back soon.”

“I won't go unless you come with me,” Won Sik says.

They hear his car coming again.

Won Sik quickly unties Soo Ah.

“Leave me,” Soo Ah cries.

“We'll leave together. Come on.” He helps Soo Ah up and pulls her out of the room.

“I will get him,” they hear Gyu Ryu shout. “I will kill him!”

They hear his footsteps coming their way.

Won Sik pulls Soo Ah into a room. He looks around and pulls her to the closet. They hide beside it. Won Sik and the wall has Soo Ah sandwiched. When Ryu Gyu comes closer to them, Won Sik pulls Soo Ah into a hug. He holds her protectively and waits for Gyu Ryu to pass.

He knows the situation is risky, but he can't help his beating heart. He's holding Soo Ah so close to him, he knows she can hear and feel his beating heart.

Soo Ah is the same. She is scared, but having Won Sik next to her makes her heart beat faster than usual. She is grasping onto his shirt too tight hoping not to make any noises.

Won Sik takes Soo Ah’s hand and puts his finger up to his lips telling her to be quiet. She nods her head. He quickly and quietly takes her out of the room.

“Ahh,” they hear Ryu Gyu yell.

Won Sik knows that Ryu Gyu has found out that he has taken Soo Ah. Ryu Gyu is now going to come after them. He tightens his hold on Soo Ah and runs. Ryu Gyu’s footsteps echo behind them making them run faster. They get to the front door, to see other cars pulling in. Won Sik stops abruptly, so Soo Ah stops.

“We have to go to the back,” Won Sik says out of breath.

He turns them around and runs to the back. Won Sik and Soo Ah searches for the exit door. As he does, he clicks the button on his black bracelet that he is wearing and takes it off. He leaves it on the ground in a corner.

“Here,” Soo Ah says. She twists the knob open. The door leads to the backyard which is just forest.

“Let's go,” Won Sik says. He grabs her hand and starts to run again.

“There they are,” they hear Ryu Gyu yell. “Catch them!”

Won Sik picks up his pace, so Soo Ah has to as well. They hear gunshots and flinch. Won Sik hides them behind a tree. He pushes Soo Ah against it, and stands in front of her. He takes his gun out and aims it at the people coming there way. He his pistol and starts shooting.

Soo Ah jumps and covers her ears. She watches as Won Sik shoots the men. Soo Ah is surprised, but she knows that Won Sik is only doing so to save their lives.

“I'm out of bullets,” Won Sik says. He puts his gun back and takes Soo Ah’s hand again. They run and hide behind a tree trunk that is lying on the ground. “We have to wait here.”

“Why?”

“The police will be coming soon. I contacted them with a wristband that I was wearing.”

“I don't see it on you?”

“I left it at the house. The police will arrest the people there. If I kept it on, they will only track me.”

“They disappeared,” a man shouts.

“Find them! We must get them to the boss,” another man says.

Won Sik and Soo Ah lies completely still. They hear the men's footsteps moving further from them, and then it comes closer. When they think that they are about to be caught, they hear police sirens.

“The police,” the man shouts.

“Let's get out of here!”

The men run back to the house.

Won Sik and Soo Ah stands up. Soo Ah dusts off her clothes, and looks around them.

“Let's go,” Won Sik says. “We'll head back to the house. The police should be arresting them. I need to go help them.”

“Okay.”

Soo Ah walks in front of Won Sik, and they both head back, but Soo Ah’s feet slips. She falls backwards, and Won Sik catches her, but they both tumble down the hill. They roll and roll until they reach the bottom. Won Sik hits his back on a tree trunk and stops them from rolling any further.

“Are you okay,” Soo Ah asks. She pushes herself up from his arms.

“I'm fine,” he replies out of breath.

“You don't look fine.” She helps him up and looks at him concerned. “You hit your back pretty hard.”

“I'm fine,” he repeats. He takes a deep breath and pulls himself together. “Where are we,” he asks.

“I'm not sure,” Soo Ah replies.

They look around, and they are surrounded by nothing but trees.

“We fell from up there,” Won Sik says. “Maybe we'll get back if we go up there again.”

“It's too steep,” Soo Ah says. “And you're hurt. What if we fall again?”

“That's the only way we can go. We can't go ahead of us. We have no idea what's over there. Let's head up.”

Won Sik stands up and Soo Ah helps him. She wraps his arm around her shoulder.

“I'm fine,” Won Sik says. “My back doesn't hurt.” He takes his arm away from her and interlocks their fingers together. “Let's go.” He leads the way. “Watch your steps,” he tells her.

The both of them walk and walk and walk, but the only thing around them are trees. No matter where they go, it looks the same to them.

“I think we're lost,” Soo Ah says.

Won Sik takes out his phone. “No signal,” he says.

“I don't have my phone with me. It's at home.”

They continue to walk.

 

Melon and the men has captured the culprits at the bay. When he hears about Won Sik’s wristband, he immediately goes to the rescue. There, he captures the culprits too even Ryu Gyu who was on the road. Melon has ordered for the other men to take them into town, so they can be questioned, but he won't leave because Won Sik has disappeared. Melon looked through the whole house and even outside, but Won Sik is nowhere in sight. He did spot the room full of and money, so he tells the other policemen to take some pictures for evidence. Melon goes to check the back, but Won Sik is still not there. He walks into the kitchen and finds the wristband at the corner. He goes pick it up and confirms that it is Won Sik’s. Melon takes out his phone and calls Won Sik, but Won Sik doesn't pick up, so he calls Toad.

“What is it,” Toad asks.

“Tiger is missing,” Melon says.

 

Won Sik and Soo Ah continues to walk around the forest. Everything seems the same to them. When they turn right, it's like they've turned left again, and when they turn left, it's like they've turned right. Everything is confusing right now.

Won Sik crosses over a log, and Soo Ah attempts to, but she trips and falls. Won Sik turns around and helps her up.

“Are you okay,” he asks her.

“I'm fine,” she replies. Soo Ah dusts off her clothes. They continue to walk, but Soo Ah winces in pain.

“I don't think you're okay. Did you hurt your ankle?”

“I'm fine.” Soo Ah continues to walk again.

“Hop on,” Won Sik says showing Soo Ah his back.

“It's okay. I can walk.”

“But you've hurt yourself.”

“I know you hurt your back when you hit that tree trunk. We have to continue to go and find shelter. The sky is turning dark.”

Won Sik gets up. “Okay, but,” he interlocks their fingers together. “Promise me that you won't let go.”

“I promise,” she says.

They continue to walk until they arrive at a small cabin. Won Sik leads them over to it.

“Do you think anyone lives there,” Won Sik asks.

“I don't think so,” Soo Ah replies.

They are in the backyard, so they make their way to the front yard. A rocky path leads to the doorstep, but they don't know where the path leads to at the the other end.

Soo Ah lets go of Won Sik’s hand and explores the place.

“It looks like it's abandoned,” Soo Ah says.

“But why does it look like someone lives here,” Won Sik asks.

Soo Ah looks where the path leads to, but can't figure it out.

“No matter what,” Won Sik says. “I think we're going to have to stay here tonight. It's really getting dark.”

“Okay,” Soo Ah says.

Won Sik walks over to the door and knocks on it. No one answers, so Won Sik opens the door. It is dark, so he uses his phone as a light. He looks around the cabin and sees a light switch. He switches it on, and to his surprise, lights come on. Won Sik puts his phone away and looks around the cabin, everything is nice and clean. The dining table is in the center of the room, the kitchen is to the left, and there is a bookshelf up against the wall on the right. The left corner has a door, but the door is closed, so Won Sik doesn't know what is behind it.

“There's electricity,” Soo Ah asks.

“I guess so.”

Soo Ah looks around the house and heads to the kitchen. She looks in the fridge, but nothing is in there. Soo Ah goes to the cabinets to find a bag of bread, jam, and a bunch of bananas.

We shouldn't be taking other people's food, but we're very hungry. Please forgive us.

Won Sik walks to the door and opens it. To his surprise, it is only the bathroom. “The door leads to a bathroom,” Won Sik tells Soo Ah.

“Really?”

Won Sik walks over to the bookshelf and sits about ten feet away from it. He observes Soo Ah who is still making the sandwiches. When she is done, she puts everything away and walks over to Won Sik with a sandwich and banana in her hand.

“What's this,” Won Sik asks.

“I know you're hungry,” Soo Ah says. “Just eat.”

“It's not respectful to eat what's not yours.”

“But we're hungry. If we don't eat, we won't survive. Let's just eat this for now. It's not intentional.”

“Okay.”

Won Sik takes the bread and banana and starts to eat. Soo Ah heads to the kitchen again and grabs hers before she goes join Won Sik. She sits about five feet away from the bookshelf and five feet away from Won Sik. They eat in silence, and after they are done, they sit in silence.

“Thank you,” Soo Ah says breaking the silence. “For saving me.”

“No problem,” he answers.

Silence.

“How's your back,” Soo Ah asks. “Does it hurt a lot?”

“It's bearable.”

“I'm sorry. If I didn't slip, you wouldn't have gotten hurt, and we wouldn't have gotten lost.”

“It's okay. You couldn't help it. We were on a steep hill. How's your ankle?”

“It's okay. I can bare with it.”

She lifts her skinny jeans up and looks at her ankle. It is red and swollen. Won Sik scoots over to her and gently grabs her ankle. She is shocked, but let's Won Sik observe it.

“It doesn't look okay,” Won Sik says.

“It's fine. I can bare it,” Soo Ah answers. “I'm sure your back isn't any better.”

“Since we're here. Melon will send men to come find us. I don't know how long it's going to take, but once they get here, I'll get you to the hospital.” Won Sik raises his head and notices how close they are together.

Soo Ah’s breath hitches, and she turns her head to the side.

“We should get you to the hospital,” Soo Ah says. She avoids eye contact. “I'm sure you need to be treated more than I do.” Soo Ah turns her head, and Won Sik is still there. She freezes in her spot and blinks rapidly.

All Won Sik could do is stare into her eyes. The question that he wants to ask her comes back to him.

“Why did you lie to me,” he asks her.

“About what,” Soo Ah asks.

“That night, I did do something to offend you didn't I?”

Soo Ah doesn't say anything.

“Melon told me. I kissed you that night,” Won Sik says. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“Well,” she finds it difficult to start. “I didn't want our relationship to be awkward.”

“Did I do anything else,” Won Sik asks.

“Well.”

“Tell me,” Won Sik says as he sits up against the wall again.

“You did say you like me.”

“I did?”

Soo Ah nods her head.

Hearing her say that makes his heart jump. He confessed to her, and he didn't even know it.

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“Honestly, you were drunk, so I thought you only said that because you were drunk.”

“I would never do such thing. I'm sorry that I offended you. I promise you it'll never happen again.”

“You didn't do anything to offend me.”

“I didn't.”

“No.”

“So,” Won Sik trails off. “You didn't get offended by my actions?”

“No.”

“Can I tell you something?”

“Go ahead.”

“Well. You see,” he pauses. He starts playing with his fingers. “What I said isn't a lie. I do like you.”

Soo Ah doesn't say anything, but her heart is beating rapidly, and her palms are getting sweaty.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come on to you this strong. Just forget what I said,” Won Sik says.

He feels upset because she isn't replying back. His thoughts are that she doesn't like him back, so he should just forget it.

“You shouldn't be sorry. No one can control their feelings,” Soo Ah replies. “And I don't want to forget what you said. Honestly, I like you too.”

Hearing that makes him surprised.

“I don't know when I started to like you, but I can tell you that I like you very much,” Soo Ah continues.

Her palms are even more sweaty than before, and her heart is beating two times faster.

Won Sik couldn't believe his ears. The words he wants to hear from the person he likes is actually happening. His heart is beating as fast as hers, and everything seems like a dream.

“Won Sik,” she says shyly. “I like you.”

Hearing her call his name is like stepping into a new world. He reaches over and interlocks their hands together.

“Are we together now,” Won Sik asks hopeful.

Soo Ah shyly nods her head.

He smiles and gently squeezes her hands. She smiles as well. A new world just opened for the both of them. Their hearts are beating rapidly, and they can't help but contain their feelings.

Soo Ah takes a peek at Won Sik. When Won Sik takes a peek at her, she looks away. He can't help but stare at her. She looks so beautiful to him, and she is finally his.

“Soo Ah,” Won Sik calls her.

“Yes,” she asks.

He lets go of her hand and caresses her cheeks. Won Sik pulls her in and takes her lips into his. Her eyes close, and her hands slowly raises to his hips. He kisses her with all that he's been holding in. Won Sik wants her to know that he's loved her for so long, and that he will protect her no matter what. His left hand slides to the crook of her neck, his right hand goes to the middle of her back, and he pulls her closer to him. She leans herself to him and hugs him tighter than before. Won Sik breaks the kiss leaving them breathless. Their eyes are still closed as the both of them catch their breaths.

“I,” Won Sik pauses. He opens his eyes. “This isn't safe. We should keep our distance for tonight.”

Soo Ah opens her eyes. “I'm fine,” she says.

“No. We shouldn't. I'll leave.” He lets her go.

“Where are you going?”

“I don't trust myself with you this close to me.” He stands up. “You should go to sleep. I'll be outside.” He walks himself outside and closes the door behind him. He sighs and starts jumping around. What is wrong with you? If you didn't leave, you would've done something you would've regret. Won Sik stays outside for almost two hours before he heads back inside.

Soo Ah is lying on the ground sleeping.

Won Sik walks over to her, and lies beside her. He stares at her sleeping face and smiles. She looks so peaceful. He tucks a strand of hair behind her ears before he goes to sleep himself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Hey guys! How come it feels like it's been so long since I've updated? How long has it been? Is it because I'm so busy with school work? Anyway, I hope you guys like the update. Thanks for stopping by!! ^^