"We are --"

Perfect

 

Soo Ah wakes up to see Won Sik sleeping in front of her. A smile appears on her lips. She lies there and stares at his peaceful figure. No matter how much she stares, she just can't get enough of him. Her left hand goes up to his hair and lightly touches it. His hair is soft and prickly. Her hand flows down to his eye and lightly touches his eye lashes. He stirs in his sleep, so she retrieves her hand. Won Sik scratches his neck and goes back to sleep. Soo Ah smiles and turns to the other side, but her eyes widen when she sees a rat. She screams and backs into Won Sik.

“What's wrong,” Won Sik asks still sleepy.

“There's a rat,” Soo Ah screams. She climbs over him, but he screams as well. He rushes to get away from the rat, and so does Soo Ah.

The rat runs away frightened.

“You know that rat is still here somewhere right,” Won Sik asks.

“I know,” Soo Ah says.

They are both sitting with their backs against the chairs surrounding the dinner table.

“It's best if we get out of here,” Won Sik says.

“I agree,” Soo Ah says.

They quickly run out of the house and into the front yard. Since it’s morning, there is light, so Soo Ah can finally see her surroundings. She looks at the cabin, and gets a familiar feeling.

“I think I know this place,” she says.

“You do,” Won Sik asks.

Soo Ah looks around some more, and it hits her.

“This is the cabin,” she says. “The cabin I was telling you about.”

“Really? How did we end up here,” Won Sik asks.

“Maybe that mansion isn't too far away from here. That means that the town isn't too far away from here. We should get going. I don't know how long this is going to take.”

“Are you sure you can walk? How's your ankle?”

“It's fine. I can walk.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. How about your back?”

“It's okay. Let's go. If you get tired, just let me know.”

“Okay.”

They start to follow the path knowing that it'll lead them home. As they walk, nature surrounds them, but that didn't stop them from walking in an awkward silence.

“Won Sik,” Soo Ah says.

“Huh,” Won Sik asks shocked.

Hearing her say his name again is sending electricity down his spine.

“Did you sleep well,” she asks.

“Yeah. Did you?”

“It was good, until we saw the rat.”

“How did that rat get inside anyway?”

“No idea.”

They walk in silence again.

Won Sik takes a peek at Soo Ah. She is walking beside him. Her arms are down by her side. Won Sik looks away and reaches over to her hand. He interlocks their fingers and holds her hand tightly. A smile appears on his face while a shocked look appears on her face, but that slowly goes away. Having him hold her hand makes her feel warm and safe inside. She shyly smiles and holds onto his hand tightly as well. They continue to walk in silence, but it isn't awkward for them. Instead, they are happily enjoying the time they are having together.

Soo Ah stops, and so does Won Sik.

“What's wrong,” he asks her.

“My ankle,” she replies. “It's starting to hurt. I can't bear the pain anymore. Let's rest here for a little bit.”

“I'll carry you then.”

“No. Let's just rest here.”

“I'll carry you.” He bends down and shows her his back. “Hop on.”

She hesitates, but hops on his back. He stands up and starts walking them home.

“I'm heavy right,” Soo Ah asks. “I'm sorry. I'm making your back hurt even more.”

“You're not heavy,” he says. “I'm fine. You don't have to worry.”

“You can put me down after a while.”

“No. I'm going to carry you all the way home.”

“You don't have to do that.”

“I want to do that.”

Won Sik continues to carry Soo Ah on his back and slowly walks to town.

“Will you tell me something,” Won Sik asks.

“What is it,” Soo Ah asks.

“When will you come back? I know you still have school to attend, and Junho and Soo Jung misses you.”

“I miss them too, and I know that I have school, but I'm not sure if I should continue going.”

“Why is that,” Won Sik asks concerned.

“I don't work anymore, so the tuition fee will be hard for me to handle, and the cost for dorms will be hard for me to pay as well.”

“Why don't you work now and start saving for the tuition?”

“Where can I find a job fast enough to do that?”

“You can come back and work for me. That way you'll be paying your tuition fee, and you get a place to stay as well.”

“I don't think so.”

“Why not?”

“I feel like I'm using you. I don't want to do that.”

“Will you be taking this semester off then?”

“I think I'll have to.”

Won Sik pushes Soo Ah up and reposition his arms.

“Am I getting heavy,” Soo Ah asks.

“No. My back isn't feeling well.”

“I should get down then.”

“No. I want to keep carrying you.”

“You'll only hurt more.”

“That's okay. As long as you're not hurting, I'm fine.”

Soo Ah smiles. She wraps her arms around his neck and rests her chin on his shoulder.

“But if you're hurt, I'll be hurt too,” she says.

“I'm not hurt,” he assures her.

“Yes you are. I may not be a doctor, but remember that I'm studying to be a nurse.”

“You're right. I can't fool you can I?”

She shakes her head.

“I'll carry you for a little while, and then I'll put you down then,” he says.

They continue to walk like that until Won Sik hears his phone ding.

“Was that my phone,” he asks.

“I think so,” Soo Ah says.

“I don't have signal though.”

He carefully puts Soo Ah down. She holds onto him as she finds her balance. When she finds it, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone.

“I have signal,” he says. “And two text messages from Melon.”

“What happened? Where are you,” Won Sik reads.

He calls Melon and puts the phone to his ear.

“Hello,” Melon asks in a panic state. “Tiger? Where are you? Are you okay?”

“I'm fine,” Won Sik says. “I'm heading into town with Soo Ah. Remember when Soo Ah told us about the cabin in the woods? We spent the night there.”

“Okay. I'll call back up and look for you two.”

“Okay.” Won Sik hangs up. “Melon will be here soon. He's going to call backup and rescue us.”

“That's good,” Soo Ah says. “Should we sit here and rest?”

“Sure.”

They sit on the ground and listen to the birds.

“The weather is very nice today,” Soo Ah says.

“It is.”

“You know, I would've never gone down this road if we didn't get lost, and it's so beautiful. I'll have to come back again.”

“It is very calming.”

Soo Ah turns her head to look at Won Sik, and Won Sik does the same. They smile at each other. He takes his hand and interlocks their fingers together. They smile even wider as their heart beats wilder. Won Sik shyly scoots closer to her making her chuckle. She scoots closer to him too and leans her head on his shoulder. He is shocked by her actions, but he doesn't mind it.

“As much as I like this,” Won Sik says. “We should get going again.”

“Sure.”

Soo Ah lifts her head, and Won Sik stands up. He pulls her up by her hand.

“Can you walk,” he asks her.

“Yeah.”

“Let's go slowly then. Don't let go of me.”

She nods her head and wraps her arm around his. They slowly walk back to town. They feel like they are getting closer, but even before they can make it into town, they see some men walking their way. Suddenly, another figure comes out from behind the men walking in front of them.

“Tiger,” Melon shouts.

Won Sik and Soo Ah stops in their tracks as Melon is running over to them.

“Are you two okay,” Melon asks concerned. “We were so worried.”

“We're fine,” Won Sik answers. “Did you catch them?”

“I did, Tiger.”

“Even Ryu Gyu?”

“Even Ryu Gyu.”

“Good job. I'm very proud of you. How's your brother?””

“Fine.” Melon starts crying.

“Why are you crying?”

“I was just so worried about you.” Melon wipes his tear.

“You can cry later,” Soo Ah says. “Won Sik hurt his back trying to save me. We have to rush him to the hospital.”

“Tiger got hurt,” Melon asks sniffling. “Where?”

“Her ankle,” Won Sik says. “She's hurt her ankle, we have to rush her to the hospital.”

“She's hurt too,” Melon asks.

“Won Sik hurt his back,” Soo Ah says.

“Tiger hurt his back,” Melon cries.

“Let's hurry and take these two to the hospital,” Toad says.

“Toad,” Won Sik says. “You're here too?”

“Let's ask questions later. Let's hurry and go to the hospital.”

Toad and the other men helps them into town before they are rushed into the hospital.

 

“You’ve pulled a muscle when you hit that tree trunk,” the nurse says. “You’ve also put a lot of pressure on it. My guess is your back will recover in a month if you agree to go through therapy.”

“He’ll do it,” Toad says. “We can’t lose one of our best man, and since you got hurt through work, the station will pay for your hospital expenses.”

“Okay. I’ll go through therapy,” Won Sik replies. “Thanks, Toad.”

“Okay. I’ll make an appointment for you,” the nurse says. “I’ll be right back.”

“Hold on,” Won Sik says stopping her. “The woman that came in with me, do you know which room she is in?”

“I think she’s in the room next to yours.”

“Thank you.”

The nurse leaves, and Won Sik climbs out of bed.

“Where are you going,” Toad asks

“I have to go see Soo Ah,” Won Sik says. He quickly makes his way to find her room, and when he finds it, he walks straight to her. “Are you okay?”

“Won Sik,” Soo Ah says shocked. “Why are you here?”

“Are you okay? What did the doctor say?”

“I just sprained my ankle, but since I put too much pressure on it, I have to be on crutches for three weeks.”

“That’s good,” Won Sik says relief.

“What about you?”

“I have to go through therapy, but everything will be fine. I’ll recover soon.”

“How soon?”

“About a month.”

Soo Ah frowns.

“Everything will be alright,” Won Sik assures her.

“Why do you two look so different,” Toad asks. “It’s like you two are dating. Are you?”

Soo Ah nods her head.

“What,” Melon asks shocked. He is at the door. “When did this happen,” he asks walking over to them. “How did this happen?”

“I don’t know,” Won Sik answers. “It just happened.”

“When?”

“Yesterday.”

“Congratulations you two,” Toad says. “I knew you two were going to date.”

“Thank you,” Soo Ah says.

“But I have a question for Soo Ah.”

“Yes,” Soo Ah asks.

“Who is the one who kidnapped you?”

Soo Ah explains the man’s features to Toad and tells Toad what he was wearing that day.

Melon goes through the man’s profiles, and finds a picture of what fits Soo Ah’s description of the man.

“You said he had a scar on his face,” Melon asks Soo Ah.

“Yes,” she replies.

“We've got him.”

“That's good,” Toad says. “We must head back to our room. The nurse will come tell us about the therapy appointment.”

“Tiger has to go to therapy,” Melon asks.

“Yeah. He hurt his back pretty bad. Let’s go, Tiger.”

“I’ll see you soon,” Won Sik tells Soo Ah.

She nods her head.

Won Sik and Toad leaves while Melon stays with Soo Ah, but they are soon with another person.

Young Jae walks in worried. He asks Soo Ah question after question, and Soo Ah gives him answers after answers.

“I shouldn’t have left,” Young Jae says.

“It’s okay. Won Sik was there to help me,” Soo Ah says.

“I’m sorry.”

“What are you sorry for?”

“I just feel bad for what happened.”

“It wasn’t your fault, and I’m fine. You don’t have to feel sorry for anything.”

“Okay. I’ll be here to look after you.”

“Thank you.”

That night, Melon left to go home, and Young Jae stayed to take care of Soo Ah.

“You can go home,” Soo Ah says. “I have the nurses here to look after me.”

“It's okay,” Young Jae says. “I can take care of you.”

“Thank you, then.”

Won Sik is sitting in bed. His parents and kids have gone and visit him. His parents were both very worried, but after hearing that he was going to go through therapy, they feel a little better. Won Sik pulls Soo Jung up to his lap and gives her a kiss on the cheeks.

“Hi, sweet heart,” Won Sik says. “Daddy misses you.”

“Are you okay, dad,” Junho asks.

“I’m fine, little guy,” Won Sik answers. Won Sik could tell that Junho was very worried about. “Dad will get well soon and come home again. For now, you have to continue to stay with grandma and grandpa.”

“Okay, dad.”

Soo Jung wiggles out of Won Sik’s arms.

“If you need anything,” Mrs. Kim says. “Just give us a call.”

“I will, mom,” Won Sik answers.

“Did anyone else get hurt,” Mr. Kim asks.

“Soo Ah did,” Won Sik answers.

“Soo Ah was there too?”

“She got kidnapped and hurt her ankle.”

“Poor girl,” Mrs. Kim says. “I hope she’s fine.”

“She is,” Won Sik answers. “She’s next door to us.”

“We’ll have to visit her then.”

And so they do. The kids are excited to see Soo Ah, and Soo Ah is thankful that they even came to visit her.

Later on that day, they leave to go home again.

Young Jae is sitting on the couch while Soo Ah is laying in bed.

“Did the doctor say when you can go home,” Young Jae asks.

“Yes. After the swelling of my ankle goes down, I can go.”

He walks over to her. “May I look at your ankle?”

“Go ahead.”

She sits up and removes the blanket from her ankle and shows him her ankle.

“It does look really swollen,” he says. “How did this happen?”

“I tripped over a log. It sounds funny now that I think about it.”

“It must've hurt.”

“It was okay.”

Young Jae fixes the blanket on her ankle again.

The door slides open, and Won Sik walks in. “I didn't know you had company,” Won Sik says.

“Hey,” Young Jae says. “I came to take care of Soo Ah.”

“Did you?” Won Sik walks in the room. “Thank you.”

“Why are you thanking me?”

“For taking care of Soo Ah for me.”

“What do you mean?”

“Young Jae,” Soo Ah says. “I never had the time and opportunity to tell you. Won Sik and I are dating.”

“You are,” Young Jae asks. He looks at Soo Ah hurt.

She nods her head. Soo Ah feels bad for turning Young Jae down, and then goes date Won Sik in just a few days, but it was what she wanted. Her feelings went towards Won Sik. It was something she couldn't help.

“Congratulations,” Young Jae says. “I'm happy for you two.”

“Thank you,” Won Sik says.

“Since you're here, I'm guessing you two want to be alone.” Young Jae walks over to Won Sik and stops in front of him. “I'll leave Soo Ah to you since she likes you,” Young Jae whispers to Won Sik, “but I warn you. If you upset her in anyway possible, I won't leave you alone.”

“Don't worry,” Won Sik says back. “I won't do anything to upset her.”

Young Jae walks out of the room and closes the door behind him.

Won Sik smiles and walks over to Soo Ah.

“What are you doing here,” Soo Ah asks. “You should be resting.”

“I can't rest without you by my side,” Won Sik says as he takes a seat on the bed.

Soo Ah scoffs.

“What's so funny,” Won Sik asks.

“You're funny,” she chuckles.

He takes her hand and intertwines their fingers together. Being so close to her makes him so happy. His heart is once again increasing. Soo Ah is feeling exactly how Won Sik is feeling. Butterflies are flying in her stomach, and her heart is increasing.

“You're pretty even in a hospital gown,” he says staring into her eyes.

She looks away shyly and smiles. “You look handsome even in a hospital gown,” she says.

“What?”

“You're handsome,” she says again.

“What?”

“I said you're handsome.” She turns to look into his eyes. “Even in a hospital gown.” She pulls her hand away from his and covers her face with her palms. She squeals in embarrassment.

He laughs at her.

“That was embarrassing,” she says into her hands.

He grabs her hands and pulls them away from her face. “You're very cute when you embarrassed,” he says.

“Stop,” she says trying to pull her hands away from him. “You're making me more embarrassed.”

He pulls her in and pecks her on the lips.

She looks at him shocked, but he is smiling at her. He leans in and gives her a peck on the cheeks.

She smile and blushes.

“May I stay with you tonight,” Won Sik asks.

“Wouldn't it be better if you stayed in your room? Isn't Toad staying with you?”

“He left. I'm alone.”

“I still think you should stay in your own room.”

Won Sik turns his body and lies down. Soo Ah gasps and scoots over to make room for Won Sik.

“What are you doing,” Soo Ah asks.

“Just for five minutes,” he says. He pulls her down and wraps his arms around her. She is shocked by his actions, but she got used to his arms and warmth. Soo Ah snuggles into his arms. Won Sik pulls her closer and rests his cheek on her head. He smells her hair, and then kisses it.

Five minutes turns into two hours. Won Sik wakes up to see Soo Ah asleep in his arms. He stares at her sleeping face and smiles. Won Sik kisses her forehead and slowly removes her from him before he heads out to his room.

 

Soo Ah and Won Sik has been recovering for two weeks now. Soo Ah wants to go back to her house, but Won Sik worries that no one is going to take care of her, so she's been staying at Won Sik’s house. He's been going to work and coming home early, so he could take care of his children and Soo Ah. While Soo Ah is home, she takes care of the kids for him, but his parents also help out since she is still recovering.

At work, Won Sik and his co workers asks Ryu Gyu and his man questions about selling illegal drugs and beers overseas. Some stayed quiet while others answered the questions. Even Jimin is being questioned. He knew everything about Unit 3’s plan. He was always eavesdropping on their conversation, but he couldn’t stop Won Sik and Melon from going, so he used Soo Ah as bait. Unlucky him, his plan backfired when Won Sik ordered for Ryu Gyu to be arrested and saved Soo Ah.

“You're sure we caught every single men,” Toad asks.

“I'm sure,” Melon says.

Everyone's attention goes to the window.

 

Soo Ah puts her phone in her pocket and grabs the bottle before she goes to the living room to give Soo Jung her bottle.

“Thank you, Ms. Lim,” Soo Jung says.

“You're welcome, baby girl,” Soo Ah replies.

“Ms. Lim,” Junho says. “Are you going to stay with us from now on?”

Soo Ah sits on the couch and puts her crutches beside her. “Do you want me to,” she asks.

Junho nods his head.

“We'll have to see,” Soo Ah says. “I have my own house to take care of.”

“Oh. You can live with us.”

“I appreciate your kindness,” Soo Ah chuckles.

Junho runs off to play.

“The kids have an attachment to you,” Mrs. Kim says. “You're all they talk about. They even want you back as a nanny, or a nanny just like you.”

“Do they,” Soo Ah asks surprised.

“I know they really like you. I also want to thank you for being such a good nanny to the kids, and a good caregiver to Won Sik.”

“You're welcome. I only did what I thought was best.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I want to take this time to thank my subscribers and commenters. I'm so grateful for each and one of you! Thank you so much!! I love each and everyone of you!! *MUAH* ^^