Chouquette

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How would you explain everything to her once she finds out that you got Kim Jongin’s brother killed?”

Jieun could feel a very heavy feeling weighing her heart down. She tried pushing the thought away but it kept on coming back. Youngho’s voice continued echoing inside her mind like a broken tape. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks and she quickly wiped them away before Chanyeol could see her in that state. Her mind’s in shambles.

When Jieun heard what Youngho said, she instantly froze on her spot. She couldn’t believe it. She wanted to confront Sehun right there and then but fear got the best of her. Sehun’s been keeping her in the dark and if what Youngho said was the truth, she couldn’t think of a way to go on with that situation.

“Let’s go,” Chanyeol said, tapping her shoulder when he finally got out from the shop. She looked back at the shop – at his father who waved her goodbye. Her father insisted on closing the shop on his own. Jieun did not argue with him this time. She just wanted to take a rest. Everything that happened at that short time made her age quickly.

“Chanyeol.”

“Hmm?”

Jieun pursed her lips, stopping herself from asking the theoretical question formed in her mind. It’s better not to drag anyone into this. She shook her head before flashing him a small smile. “Nothing. Thanks for walking me to the bus stop,” she finally replied. He raised a brow, not sure if that’s what she really wanted to say. He casually shrugged after some seconds.

“No problem.”

She waved at Chanyeol goodbye followed by the words ‘take care’ when they parted ways. The smile on her face quickly faded when he was already out of sight. She could feel her head hurting from all the thinking that she’s been doing. What happened? What does Youngho mean by that? What am I supposed to do?

She fished her phone from her pocket and looked at the last message from Sehun.

From Oh-range-y: I’ll come to the shop tomorrow. I’m not feeling well today. I’ll go to sleep early. You don’t have to check on me.

Based from the conversation between him and his friend, Jieun’s sure that Sehun’s not in the mood to talk. During the whole ride, her mind’s been asking the same question over and over – How am I going to tell Jongin about this?

Jongin’s been through hell because of what happened to his brother. If he finds out that Sehun had something to do with it, she couldn’t imagine what Jongin would even do. She’s sure that their friendship will crumble and if that happens, she’ll be put in a spot where she will need to choose someone to support.

Her tears were already trickling down when she got off the bus. What am I going to do? Why is this happening? She brushed her tears away, not wanting anyone to see her crying in the middle of the road like a crazy lady.

“Eun?”

That voice sent chills down her spine.

“Hey, why are you coming home alone? Where’s Sehun?” Jongin asked as he walked faster to cope with her. Jieun was able to wipe her tears away just in time. Jongin stared at her face with bristled brows. “Are you okay? Your eyes are red.”

“Of course I am okay. I just rubbed my eyes a little bit hard,” she replied right away, studying his expression to see if he bought it. He looked pretty convinced. She internally sighed in relief. “How’s your day? Did you have a great date?” She was trying to change the topic. He just grinned.

“Yeah, it’s actually better than expected,” he answered rather shyly. She just stared at him, studying how he crinkled his nose and how he scratched the back of his neck as he started talking about the rides that he rode with Sarang. “I did not expect her to like such extreme rides. I almost threw my guts out when I got off that ride.”

His tone, his smile, his gestures - just everything about him right – are the things that Jieun wished would just stay as is. She saw the opposite of the Jongin in front of her at the moment and he was lifeless. Jieun does not want to see him like that again. She offered her hand back at the hospital’s rooftop and she made a promise back then. Jongin is family. So what am I going to do?

Flashback

Jongin kept on throwing pebbles on the river, watching them sink and settle at the bottom. He was just blankly staring at the water. His hands were dirty and so were his shoes. He looked like he just finished digging something on the ground. Not far from him, Jieun was staring at him – thinking if it’s the best decision to talk to him. Making up her mind, she walked towards him.

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asked, not even bothering to look up at her.

“You did not come to school today.”

He did not flinch. He just kept on throwing the pebbles.

“Jongin.”

“I cannot find it.”

“What?”

“Jonghoon hyung’s name tag. I cannot find it. I went back to that alley and I even asked at the police station. It was not there.”

Jieun sighed before taking her seat beside him. She picked some pebbles and joined him in what he was doing. Although she wanted to say something, she chose to just remain silent.

“He was stabbed – one deep stab right on the abdomen.” He paused. “I could only imagine him asking for help while lying on that cold ground. I despise them.” His voice started to sound shaky. He clenched his fists. “I will make them pay for what they did. I will make those gangsters pay.”

“Jongin, don’t let that-”

“Eun, don’t talk me out of this. I already made up my mind. I will never forgive them.”

End of Flashback

 “So why are you not coming home with Sehun?” Jongin suddenly asked. Jieun snapped back to reality. She looked at him and he did the same. “Did something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter