Muffin

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♪ Stay just the way you are are are are are are and I I I I I

Don’t want anything more

So don’t you change a thing thing thing thing thing ♪

Got7’s song was blasting from Jieun’s speaker and she was dancing along with the music, not minding if their neighbors could hear her or not. She looked at the mirror, checking if her clothes look good on her. She pulled the hem of her skirt before fixing her navy blue shirt. She lightly touched her curled hair. Perfect. She smiled at her reflection, satisfied by how she looks.

“Jieun!” Sooyoung, her older sister, called out while knocking on her door. “Hurry up! I’m going to leave you if you’re not out in 5 seconds! 5, 4, 3, 2-”

“I’m ready!” Jieun exclaimed as she opened the door with a grin. Sooyoung hit her lightly on the forehead while making a face. Jieun looked at her sister from head to toe. She was wearing denim pants and a very plain white shirt and she looked really stunning but of course, Jieun looks stunning too (at least that’s what she thinks).

“You’re such a turtle. Hurry up. We should head out early so that we can return before the sun sets.” Sooyoung was already walking back to the living room. She checked the contents of her bag for the last time before grabbing her car key and phone from the table. Looking over her shoulder, checking on her little sister, she hiked her bag on her shoulder.

Sooyoung just got her day-off and because she was just promoted, she’s treating Jieun out. And before her sister’s summer break comes to an end, Sooyoung decided to go shopping with her. Jieun needs some new clothes anyway.

“Sooyoung noona!”

The two turned to the direction where that familiar voice came from. Jongin was waving at them with his usual bright smile. He had a plastic bag on one hand and Jieun’s sure that he just came from the convenience store to get some breakfast. You see, Jongin’s parents are not really always at home. His father is a Field Service Engineer and he spends half of his time outside Seoul. His mother is a doctor so she’s always in the hospital. His parents are worried that he’s not eating properly so every now and then, Jieun’s tasked to bring some homemade food to Jongin’s place.

“Where are you going?” he asked, glancing at the two.

“We’re going to Dongdaemun; shopping. Do you want to come with us?” Sooyoung asked. Jongin shook his head.

“Maybe next time noona. We have a game this day. My team needs me,” he replied. He was actually bragging. What he meant was – ‘my team will not win if I’m not there’ – and that’s according to Jieun’s deciphering skills.

“Okay. Have a good game,” Sooyoung casually stated, nodding and waving at the younger guy. She continued walking to the parking lot and Jieun quietly followed suit.

“Eun!”

“Why?”

Jongin gave her a thumb up. “You look great today. Your hair looks cute.”

Jieun flipped her hair, exaggerating her moves. “I look great everyday,” she remarked and Jongin chuckled. She mentally noted to frequently style her hair like that.

“Jongin’s getting cuter by the day no wonder you like him,” Sooyoung chimed, sounding casual, when Jieun got into her car.

“Unnie,” Jieun whined while pulling the seatbelt, fastening it in a matter of seconds. “If he hears that he’ll tease me like there’s no tomorrow. And for your information, I don’t like him anymore. He has a girlfriend and I’m sure he likes her so much.”

Sooyoung made a face as she started the engine. “Why are you defensive? Sorry. I just wanted to say that he got cuter. You’re acting like you’re so affected,” she replied. A minute later, Sooyoung noted that her little sister was sulking. “Hey, I said I’m sorry.”

Jieun did not budge. There’s only one way to melt the ice. “I’ll buy pizza and patbingsu.”

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Jieun move a bit. Success. “What else do you want me to buy?” she asked and Jieun started thinking. She really does know how to get into her sister’s weak side. Jieun cannot resist an offer especially when it’s about food. Who does not want yummy foods anyway?

“Chicken and Churros.”

“That’s a weird combination. We’ll buy chicken and eat it at home. Do you need anything else? New bag? Shoes? Ah, I saw your wallet last night and it’s already worn out. You had that since you were in middle school. Do you want to buy one?”

Jieun already knew that Sooyoung’s starting her ‘spoiling’ method and she’s not complaining at all. She’s the only person who her sister can spoil in the first place. Sooyoung has a steady job as an accountant and her parents are earning decent money for their family. Jieun’s the one who’s benefitting from all of that.

“If you want to. You’re the one who’ll pay anyway,” Jieun replied, already smiling.

 

 

Why are all the sizes the same? Don’t they know that not all people are that skinny? How about me? How about my size? The cute size?

Jieun continued looking through the clothes displayed on the racks but she just ended leaving that shop without buying anything. They’ve been already into two shops but she couldn’t find a shirt that fits her. She actually liked a shirt in the previous shop but she’s sure that if she wears that, she will have a hard time breathing.

Sooyoung pulled her to another shop. “Sooyoung?” the lady suddenly called out when they stepped inside. Sooyoung turned to lady and gasped in surprise.

“Haebin? You own this shop?”

Haebin nodded before looking at Jieun. “Who…”

“Ah, she’s my sister – Jieun. Don’t you remember her?” Sooyoung asked, as she pulled Jieun to her side. The latter gave Haebin a small smile, nodding her head in greeting.

“Ah! Jieun? I did not recognize you at all. You grew taller and…sideways…” she trailed off before clapping her hands. Sideways…huh. Jieun internally rolled her eyes. “So…are you two looking for clothes? We have new supplies. Do you want to check them out?”

Sooyoung looked at her sister. “Yeah…sure.”

The two followed Haebin to the inner part of the shop. Haebin showed them two racks of various clothes. And Jieun had to admit that they’re all cute. Sooyoung also started looking for something to buy. She grabbed a floral dress and looked at the mirror, holding the dress in front of her, checking if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter