Blackout Cake

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of people’s snickering was getting louder and louder as Jieun walked through the hallway. They’re just looking at her with mocking gazes. She felt so small because of what they’re doing. Tightening her grasp on the strap of her bag, she walked faster. She felt like her lungs were being deprived of air the whole time.

As she opened the door to their room, a flying carton of milk slammed against shoulder. She stepped back, surprised by the rude act. She quickly scanned the room, trying to look for the scumbag who did that. She was ready to fight. “Who the hell did that?” she asked with a shaky voice. Nobody answered but she could hear them snickering.

“I heard you’re dating Sehun,” one of the girls stated as she approached Jieun.

“And so?” Jieun asked in return, sounding so done with the bull that they’re playing with her. The girl smirked before pushing Jieun against the wall.

“You’re really something, do you know that? A guy like him dating you? You’re not even in the same level. He’s up there and you’re-” she paused as she looked at Jieun from head to toe with a judging stare. “-just you. Plain, boring, fat you.” The girl leaned closer to whisper something. “He’s just playing with you.”

Jieun, obviously starting to get really pissed off, pushed the girl hard enough to make her tumble and crash against the desks behind her. “Don’t you ever talk to me like that again. You don’t know a thing about him so stay out of our business.” Jieun’s voice was laced with threatening voice.

The girl laughed out loud and so did all the students inside the room. “You are hysterical!! You’re so blinded by his acting that you actually fell for him.” Grabbing the can of soda, the girl made her way towards Jieun once again. The latter was already preparing herself for another round. And when the girl opened the can, Jieun knew what’s coming next.

“What do you think are you doing?”

Jieun turned around when she heard a very familiar voice. “S-Sehun,” she mumbled. Sehun was looking at the girl who was holding the can with an angry expression. He walked towards them. Jieun felt so safe with him around. She felt like nobody’s going to make fun of her again. Sehun stood in front of the girl and grabbed the can of soda from her.

“What were you planning to do? Drench her with this?” he asked before turning to Jieun. She can feel her insides warming up. She looked up at him lovingly.

“Sehun, it’s okay. I can-”

“Good idea.”

“W-What? Wha-”

Pour.

Jieun felt like a pail of cold water was poured over her. She was frozen on her place as Sehun continued pouring the can’s content over her head. And when she finally realized what’s happening, she felt tears falling from her eyes.

“Luring you is so easy. No fun at all. Oh well, what did I expect from you anyway? Don’t take it so hard though. I know you’ve enjoyed my company,” Sehun stated before throwing the empty can away. “You should’ve learned from what happened to you before. You’re so naïve. I’m sorry to break it to you but you’re just…not my style. It was just a game.”

Slowly, Jieun lifted her face and met his gaze. The man in front of her is not the same man that she knew and she couldn’t stop herself from crying because she felt so bare – she’s embarrassed, frustrated and angry.

“Jieun.”

“Jieun.”

Gasp.

Feeling like she’s been running for so long, Jieun started catching her breath when she opened her eyes. She felt a hand rubbing her back. “Hey, are you okay?” Sooyoung asked with a worried tone. Jieun quickly nodded her head as she rubbed her eyes. Her cheeks were wet. Was I crying? What kind of dream was that? “You were sobbing a while ago. Was it a bad dream?”

“Unnie, I’m okay. I-It was just…a very sad dream. That’s all.”

Sooyoung looked at her with concern. Jieun cleared and fixed her messy hair before looking at her sister. “I’m really fine. It’s just a dream.”

Convinced, Sooyoung sighed before standing up. “Okay, if that’s what you say. Get up. Breakfast is ready.”

“Okay.” Jieun looked at her sister as she left the room. When she’s finally alone, she buried her face on her palms and started taking deep breaths. Her insecurities and complex are haunting her. She’s been in that spot before and with what’s happening right now, she feels like she’s being dragged to the past again. Just when thought her heart and mind are going to have some rest, Sehun dropped a bigger bomb that she never expected. What am I going to do?

The whole morning, she’s been troubled by her dream. It felt so real and she’s scared that it’s going to come true. She doesn’t really know that much about Sehun. He just appeared out of nowhere. Their first encounter gave her a good impression of him but that impression flew out of the window when he told the whole class that he sent his former teacher to the hospital with four broken ribs and when he punched Jongin out of nowhere.

There were explanations for his actions and Jieun thought that they’re understandable but what does she really know about him? He has a little brother, a sketchy friend and a very intriguing relationship with his father. That’s everything that she knows about him. For all she knew, he would’ve planned everything from the start just to get to her. But why? Why go through such detailed plan just to confuse her like that? Jieun’s confused. She’s not sure of what to do.

“Did you cry?”

“Huh?”

Chanyeol stared at her face intently before frowning. “Your eyes are red and puffy. Did you cry? Is there something wrong?”

Jieun touched the corner of her eyes and shook her head. “No. Why would I? I must’ve rubbed them hard so they’re red and my eyes are puffy in the morning. By the way, are you still answering the questions that I gave you the other day? I’m going to check them this afternoon so you better do them right.”

Chanyeol sensed that Jieun’s dodging the topic of her crying but he just decided to not pry with whatever she’s trying to keep to herself. “Yes, ma’am. I’m 92% done answering them and I’m sure you’re going to be surprised when you check them because I’m going to get a hundred percent.” He was smiling from ear to ear and Jieun just shook her head, amused by his confidence.

“I’ll be expecting nothing less than a hundred percent. I’m taking your words for that.”

“On second thought, it might be 90%.”

Jieun chuckled. “You sure?”

Chanyeol pursed his lips. “85%?”

“You might want to bargain for a little lower,” Jieun joked and Chanyeol threw his hands in defeat.

“82%? 80%? 78%? Okay, final. 75%. I need to hit that number because there’s no way in hell I’m going to repeat the whole year. I need to graduate.”

Jieun patted Chanyeol’s back. “You’re going to graduate because I’m doing my best to tutor you. You better graduate, Park Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol’s smile got even brighter. “You’re really the only one I have,” he commented, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. “By the way, have you seen Sehun? I haven’t seen him since that guy in suit talked to him. Is Sehun from a rich family? I saw the guy in suit come out from a very expensive car and he even bowed to Sehun. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter