Crème Brule

My BIG Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The blaring sound of the police car siren filled the air. Jongin’s eyes were glued on Ara who was being taken by the police. Just by thinking of the things that happened, he couldn’t help but feel angry all over again. He couldn’t believe that she’s been so close to them. He had no idea at all. She looked so pure and innocent that he never suspected her.

Flashback

Jongin pocketed his hands as he and Sehun reached the end of the hallway. The orange head fixed the bag on his shoulder. “What do you want to talk about?” Jongin asked right away.

Sehun sighed as he could feel that Jongin’s not really fond of him. “I know that you don’t like me-”

“It’s good that you know.”

Sehun pursed his lips, trying to compose himself. Jongin really is not an easy person to please. He holds grudges for a long time. Sehun, not wanting to waste his energy arguing with Jongin, just decided to get to the point. “I know who the culprit is.”

Jongin’s brows furrowed. “What?”

“I know who’s behind all these things.” Sehun sounded serious and Jongin looked like he’s surprised by his sudden statement.

“Who? Who is it?”

“Kwon Ara.”

There was a pause – a long pause.

“Are you kidding me?” Jongin asked.

“Do you think I’d joke about such thing?” Sehun asked in return. Jongin pulled his hands from his pockets and ran them through his hair. He took in a lungful of air and Sehun could see that he’s hesitating.

“Ara is Jieun’s friend-”

“Exactly,” Sehun butted in. “That’s the reason why nobody suspected her. Don’t tell me that you didn’t find it weird that all these things started happening when she suddenly appeared.”

Jongin sighed. “Do you have any evidence?”

Sehun pulled his phone from his pocket. He scrolled through the album in it before handing the phone to Jongin. The latter reached for it and stared at the pictures one by one. Jongin looked surprised at first then his expression changed into an angry one. “Remember that day when Jieun’s desk was covered in animal blood?” Sehun asked and Jongin just nodded. “I doubted my own eyes when I saw Ara smile for a second there.”

Jongin looked at the pictures once again. There were some pictures of Ara’s school records and some pictures of Ara throwing a plastic bag. Sehun made an effort to even take a picture of what was inside that plastic bag. There was a bloody cloth inside and a beheaded chicken. “I miscalculated her actions. I was busy gathering evidence that I forgot about Jieun.”

“We need to catch her in action if we want more solid evidence,” Jongin muttered before looking at Sehun. “I need your help.”

End of Flashback

Jongin, feeling a mixture of emotions, turned around and started walking back to the building. He couldn’t stop playing inside his mind the things that happened just a while back. He unconsciously touched the small bandage on his arm. Ara crazily charged at him with the knife in her hand and she managed to hurt him. Sehun was quick enough to get a hold of Ara’s arms.

Stopping on his tracks, Jongin saw Sehun talking to the police. He looked like he was showing them the pictures in phone. Jieun’s family was there. They hurriedly came back to the hospital after Jongin called them, telling them that they’ve caught the culprit. Sooyoung was furious. Jongin never saw her like that before.

Slowly, he approached Jieun’s family. “Aunt,” he called out and Mrs. Kang quickly looked at him. “I’m sorry for all of these. I was not able to take care of Eun and-”

Halt.

“Careless kid,” Mrs. Kang muttered as she tightly embraced Jongin. “How could you put your life in danger like that? You should’ve called the police first.”

“Sorry.”

Mrs. Kang pulled away and looked at Jongin with a worried expression. “It’s a relief that you’re fine,” she stated as she lightly patted his cheeks. Jongin gave her a small smile. Mr. Choi stood and patted Jongin’s shoulder. “Thank you Jongin.”

Jongin looked at Jieun then back at Mr. Choi.

“It’s nothing. I can do anything for Eun.”

 

 

Sehun found himself standing in the middle of the lobby while looking at Jongin and Jieun’s family talking. He smiled to himself, thinking that everything’s over. It has been a long day and it sure will be a long night. He sighed and started stretching his arms.

Flashback

“I can’t believe what I saw this morning. That’s really crazy.”

Sehun glanced at the students who were talking. After what happened that morning, the students couldn’t stop talking about it. Sehun did not see it but he heard that Ara received a box with chicken head in it and they were even speculating that it’s actually connected to the series of threats directed to Jieun. On the back of his mind, he’s been thinking of what that smile meant. He even told himself that he saw it wrong but he really believes that he saw Ara smile for a second when she saw Jieun’s desk covered with blood.

“Oh Sehun.”

Sehun turned around. A classmate of his was standing at the door. “Teacher Kim wants to talk to you.” His classmate walked away after saying those words. Sehun, not sparing a second, stood and made his way to the faculty room where teacher Kim was waiting on his desk. Sehun bowed in greeting when the old teacher saw him.

“I need you to answer some evaluation form. I’ve been planning to let you answer it but I always forgot,” teacher Kim stated before going through the stuff on his table. He paused for some seconds before sighing. “Wait here. I think I forgot the folder upstairs.” Teacher Kim hurriedly walked out of the room. Sehun just awkwardly stood there. He just stared at the wall blankly for some minutes. He looked around before stretching his arms.

Rubbing his hands, he looked at teacher Kim’s table. One piece of paper caught his eyes. Student Form – Kwon Ara.  He looked closer. “Shinwon High School?” he muttered. “Shinwon.”

“I really am getting old,” teacher Kim stated as he entered the room. Sehun stood straight. “Here. Answer this and give it to me before you go home this afternoon.”

Sehun reached for the paper and with a last bow, he turned around and headed for the door. He barely took 5 steps when he heard a loud thud from the other end of the lobby. He saw papers lying all over the floor and ping-pong balls were bouncing everywhere. Some boxes were also scattered. Ara was busy collecting the papers while the two boys were catching the balls rolling all over the place.  

Ara hurriedly ran to her classroom after collecting the papers. Sehun took a step closer and noticed something lying near the garbage can. With a few strides, he reached the end of the lobby. His brows furrowed when he saw a phone lying on the floor. He crouched and picked it up. There’s no password. He swiped the screen and a picture of Ara popped up. He looked around, trying to see if Ara came back to find her phone. There’s really something that’s been bothering him since that day. Without thinking twice, he opened the gallery.

“My love?” Sehun muttered when he saw the name of one of the albums. Hesitating a bit, he opened it. Wait…what is this?  From the corner of his eyes, he saw Ara coming back. He quickly closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter