3. Distance (I)

My Love is Only For You

They all are busy preparing themselves to attend their 1st schedule for the day. Today they have variety show shooting for the 1st schedule, after that mini fanmeeting & radio talkshow at night. As usual Mingyu is among the earliest member to finish their morning preparation, sitting lazily on their couch in their living hall while monitoring his & members' video performance in the internet through his mobile phone. He just shaking his head & smile when he heard Seungkwan's yell asking where his jacket to Hansol. While Jun hyung, Wonwoo hyung & Minghao are playing video game together in front of him while waiting for others. Their morning is always like that, full of noise. There are no quiet time when they are together. He pay his attention back to the video but again distracting by someone who sit in the empty space on the couch next to him and cross his arm with his. He immediately knows who is it. He tries to ignore that person by continue watching the video even he start losing his concentration. The presence of that person really disturbing him mentally & emotionally. But he tries to control that. 

 

"Mingyu~~" That person call his name softly. He can feel that person's gaze into his face. 

"Ne.." He reply shortly. 

"Did you still mad at me?" 

"Ani.." another short reply by him.  

"Are you sure?" 

"Ne." 

"But you didn't talk to me for days, you never be like this before," claim Jeonghan.

 

"Jinjja? I'm sorry hyung, I didn't notice it," pretend Mingyu. 

 

He knows exactly how long he didn't talk to Jeonghan. He also aware that Jeonghan did come to his room several nights as usual after their schedule but he decided to feign sleep. 

 

 After that night, the night he shed his tears for the 1st time after their debut day, he already promise to himself to sort out his feeling. He just realize that his love is one sided. So he need to let the feeling go away. The only way to make that happen is avoiding Jeonghan. He knows he cannot avoiding Jeonghan forever but for the mean time he will try his best not to make any interaction until he sure his feeling are already being sorting out. Mingyu turns his head to Jeonghan. Jeonghan looking straightly to his face regretfully.

 

"I've been busy & tired with school & other stuffs," add Mingyu. He didn't have the heart to hurt his hyung feeling after looking at Jeonghan's face.

 

Mingyu gives a smile for a moment to assure his hyung with his answer before pulls his hand away from Jeonghan's arm slowly, leaves the couch and walks to the kitchen pretending to drink water.

 

"Don't you know you are always wearing your heart on your sleeve, Mingyu?" sigh Jeonghan while his gaze following Mingyu to the kitchen.

 

Wonwoo who is sitting in front of them playing game, are listening to their conversation from the start. He knows there is something wrong with Mingyu lately. He will sleep early & busy himself with nonsense things. When he asked Mingyu, Mingyu gave the same answer he gave to Jeonghan. Busy with college, drama, et cetera. But now, he have the clue what is all about.

 

---------------

 

From that night, Mingyu always finds the ways not to be near to Jeonghan. When they moving from one location to another location for their schedules, they always using two vans and Mingyu makes sure he didn't ride the same van with Jeonghan. He feels lucky when the seating arrangement for today's fanmeeting on his side. His seat is between Jisoo and Seungkwan. However, there are time when Mingyu couldn't avoid Jeonghan. He clearly knew it will happen. For example, during their first greeting at any event, his prefix standing arrangement is between Seungcheol and Jeonghan. He try to handle it professionally. He don't want his personal matter will affect their group image. He tries to ignore or doing something else everytime Jeonghan's trying to get his attention. 

 

"This is question from fans to Jeonghan hyung. If you are girl, which members you want to date?" ask Seungkwan as co-MC for today's event. 

 

"Mingyu," answered Jeonghan without hesitant. Mingyu waving his hand toward fans. 

 

"woooooo...," tease Seungkwan.

 

"How about S.coups hyung?" ask Seungkwan.

 

"ummmm....S.coups," answered Seungcheol.

 

"Hyung~~jebal...don't choose yourself," asked Seungkwan.

 

"Hahaaahahaha...ok ok... Jeonghan," Seungcheol laughing while put his hand over Jeonghan's shoulder. 

 

Mingyu keep posing for fans to take his picture at the same time to distract himself from what happen. They continue with several questions from fans. Majority of Jeonghan's choice today is Mingyu. He tries to show his attention to Mingyu but he also notices Mingyu tries to ignore him. 

 

"So Mingyu hyung..please choose your partner for today?" ask Seungkwan.

 

"Let our leader choose first, I will choose later?" suggest Mingyu. 

 

He know Seungcheol will choose Jeonghan. So he didn't have to worry being so obvious distancing himself from Jeonghan. He knows Jeonghan kept mentioning his name today out of his guilt from what happen that night. He know Jeonghan care about him as he care about his other dongsaeng. That's it. No more than that. He understands.

 

"Why? Are you really Seventeen's Mingyu? what happen today did he let go his turn?" tease Seungkwan. Others members just laugh. Jeonghan just laugh awkwardly knowing Mingyu's intention. 

 

"Ya~~!!" Mingyu yells jokingly. 

 

"Hahahahha, I'm joking hyung...hahaahahaha..." laugh Seungkwan.

 

 The partner's selection is for them to distribute souvenir they prepared and play simple game with fans. The event come to the end with them & fans singing together.

 

------------

 

"Jisoo, how could you do that to me?" Jeonghan fires off a question as soon as Jisoo come into their room after finished bath.

 

"Do what?" reply Jisoo a bit surprised when he smell displeasing and sulking tone from Jeonghan's question.

 

"Partner up with Mingyu and having those skinship with him," Jeonghan blurt it out. 

 

Jeonghan and Jisoo never hiding anything with each other. They became comfortable to listen and telling problems to each other eventhough at early of their friendship, they are more likely to surpress their feeling to themselves. But Jisoo is the who approach the quiet Jeonghan. 

 

"Wow, did you jealous of me? like seriously jealous? Is not like this is the first time we all have skinships between members, right?" Jisoo surprised of Jeonghan's confession.

 

"Yes, i am jealous and annoy, Don't you know he didn't talk to me for days. But he just fine talked & laughed with you just now, holding your hand, hugging you..." Jeonghan spill out his frustation. 

 

"So, you mad at me now?" Jisoo asking calmly.

 

Jeonghan look at Jisoo's calm face. He sigh. 

"Ok I'm sorry. I know I am not supposed to vent it out to you. But... it made me...i don't know how to describe my feeling... watching you two just now. I am not jealous of u, Jisoo...but he keep talking to you and didn't look at me at all. I know he mad at me but he keep saying he didn't."

 

"But I saw he hold your hand during our greeting," Jisoo tries to lessen Jeonghan's frustration.

 

"No, I was the one who hold his hand, he didn't and he pulled away his hand straight away after the greeting," Jeonghan complaining.

 

"So, what do you want to do?" ask Jisoo

 

"I don't know, I just feel frustrated and offended the way he treat me," Jeonghan spill out his feeling to Jisoo.

 

"So now I think you know how he feel when looking at you and the others?" reply Jisoo. 

 

"I know~~ So you think he just want to make me jealous or what? If so, he succeed and he should stop right now," Jeonghan pissed off with Mingyu evenmore at himself.

 

"No. I don't think Mingyu is like that. He is not the person who like to keep a grudge. I think he...," Jisoo is hesitant to tell Jeonghan what is he feel about Mingyu's action. He notice Mingyu keep his gazing to the floor, smile sadly or keep busying himself over unnecesary things like folding the origami or drawing something on the paper when someone say Jeonghan's name or Jeonghan's turn to do fanservice. Like Jeonghan said, he didn't looking at Jeonghan at all today. 

 

"He what?" Jeonghan couldn't wait for Jisoo's answer. Jisoo's hunch about other persons' feels & action is always on point. Just like he had a hunch about Mingyu & Jeonghan feelings and mostly when Jeonghan got problem or someone in their group having hard times. Jisoo is always be earlier person to notice. 

 

----------------

 

Jeonghan come to their dining hall to eat after being called by Seungkwan. Tonight they just call delivery service for their dinner. Some of them already start eating including Mingyu and Jisoo. He came in later after take a shower. He tries to make his presence notice by others especially Mingyu, but Mingyu just continue eating his noodles. 

 

"Aaa...Jeonghan hyung, what is your order?" ask Jun

 

"Chicken Tangsuyuk" reply Jeonghan while glance towards Mingyu.

 

"Mine is bibimbap," said Seungcheol who just come in and sit on the empty chair beside Jeonghan. 

 

"Jeonghan-ah, can you feed me, I don't have energy to feed myself," Seungcheol make a puppy face to Jeonghan. 

 

"Aigoo uri leader being childish," tease Soonyoung follow by laugh by other members. 

 

"Even our dongsaeng didn't ask me to feed them, how could you ask me? aishhhh," Jeonghan just knock softly Seungcheol on his head. Seungcheol just grin looking at Jeonghan. Jeonghan push bibimbap to Seungcheol while glancing at Mingyu. He saw Mingyu get up from his chair without finish his noodles. Mingyu didn't speak any words despite of other members being noisy and chatting with each other.

 

"Mingyu~~ya, why you didn't finish your noodles?" ask Seokmin. 

 

"I already full, you want mine?" reply Mingyu.

 

"Sure, give it to me," said Seokmin.

 

Mingyu passing his unfinished noodles to Seokmin before he walking towards kitchen sink cleaning his hand and mouth and go back to his room. Jeonghan just bite his lips looking at Mingyu. Again Mingyu didn't look at him at all. Jisoo and Wonwoo aware of the situation take a look at each other.

 

"Did Mingyu hyung have problems?" Seungkwan asked after Mingyu go back to his room.

"He usually playing and joking a lot with me and others but lately he seems quiet," continue Seungkwan. 

 

He cares a lot about Mingyu. Mingyu is his hyung but Mingyu didn't take into heart if Seungkwan prank or . Sometimes they will bickering, arguing and even fighting. But Mingyu and him will make up and continue teasing and joking with each other.

 

"He's been busy for drama preparation, and he have a lot of school assignment and projects," Wonwoo try to hide the real matter. He glance towards Jeonghan. He saw Jeonghan guilty face gazing blankly towards his food. 

 

"I thought he still feel down for the role," Jihoon's interfere.

 

"No, he already get over it, but his school projects is really insane, how come you don't know Seungkwan, you are attending the same school," Wonwoo try to shift the topic again.

 

"We are not in the same course hyung...should I help him with his project?" Seungkwan showing his concern.

 

"Ya..ya...no need to do that...you better clean your room or our dorm to lessen Mingyu's work, even your dirty clothes and towel being picked up by Mingyu," said Minghao.

 

"Ne..hyung, don't worry today I will clean and mop our dorm," Seungkwan grinning showing his teeth to Minghao.

 

 Minghao show unbelieved face. Other members laugh at Seungkwan and Minghao statement. Wonwoo just relief the topic had change. He do not want other members know the real problem for now. He thinks Mingyu and Jeonghan need their own time to configure their problem without others interference.  

 

----------------

 

'How could I endure this feelings?' Mingyu monologue while let his body fall slowly on the floor and lean on their room's wall.

'To see Jeonghan hyung and Seungcheol hyung like that...how long it will take until I used to?' 

It is not only in their dorm, Seungcheol will show it anywhere. Just like this morning at their fanmeeting, Seungcheol will hug and hold Jeonghan tightly. Eventhough Mingyu try to busy himself with other things he still saw that through corner of his eyes.

Mingyu drop his head on his knee. His heart aching saw all the scene just now. He could not force himself to eat anymore let alone to join the members' conversation as usual. He try his hard to be looked fine during their fanmeeting or any show but in their dorm, he cannot act like his fine with all of that. However, he knows he need to endure and learn to forget his feeling for their own goodness. Although it is very hard for him to do, he have to. 

He find the courage to get up from the floor to sit on his chair. He pull out his sketch book from drawer and starting to draw something, he think this is the way to distract his mind right now. 

Wonwoo just finished his dinner come in to their room. He sit on his bed looking at Mingyu. Mingyu keep drawing. He reach his book next to his pillow to continue his reading but he stop himself from open the book. 

 

"Mingyu...are you ok?" asked Wonwoo.

 

"Ummm...," Mingyu reply without stop drawing.

 

"Other members start to notice your change behaviour," continue Wonwoo.

 

Mingyu stop drawing, sighing silently and turn his head toward Wonwoo. 

 

"Mianhae hyung, I didn't mean to cause a trouble, I will try harder, mianhae," Mingyu give a promise to Wonwoo.

 

"It is not what I mean, don't be too hard on yourself, you will broke down if you continously be like this," Wonwoo try to comfort Mingyu, he knows Mingyu being hard on himself in order to resolve his feeling toward Jeonghan. Before their dinner Mingyu has told him everything after being asked by him repeatedly.

 

"I don't think I have any other choice now, I will try...I am Kim Mingyu, hyung... I am good at everything, right?" Mingyu joking to lessen Wonwoo's worry over him eventhough he do not know whether he good in forgetting someone or not.

"This boy...jinjja..aishhhh," Wonwoo act like want to hit Mingyu.

Mingyu smile to Wonwoo before continue his drawing and Wonwoo open his book, look at Mingyu's back once, sigh silently before continue his reading.