Aftermath

The King's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon staggered into her chambers, the  last night's rough activities finally taking its toll on her body.

 

“My lady, Your sisters are waiting for you in the inner room. ” Irene gasped as Taeyeon crumpled forward, immediately darting forward to catch her falling body. Horror flooded her face at the dark bruises on Taeyeon’s pale skin, and the small but steady stream of blood colouring her pale thighs. “Mama!” She screamed, drawing the attention of the eight other girls. Jessica was the first to react, the splinter of glass and crash of the chair in the room a telltale sign of her frantic actions. Irene gasped under the weight of the fainted Taeyeon, almost crying with relief as Jessica’s familiar blonde haired head emerged round the corner.

 

“Taeyeon!” The shriek that leapt from Jessica's lips was one of utter horror. Hyoyeon dashed forwards, skidding to her knees as she grabbed her sister from Irene’s hands.

 

“No No, Yoong, you and Seohyunnie stay inside. Now!” Tiffany raised her voice at the youngest two, who fought tooth and nail to get out of the room at the glimpsed sight of Taeyeon’s limp body. Sooyoung screamed, and Yuri quickly grabbed her, rocking the younger girl back and forth gently in her arms, cooing softly as she screamed continuously, her hands trembling, eyes fixed on Taeyeon’s limp body.

 

“Go prepare a warm bath.” Jessica hissed, propping Taeyeon’s head up properly with gentle care, and Irene paled, nodding immediately and dashing away to draw the water. “No one else is to enter!” Jessica commanded, snapping at the rest of the servants as she waved her sleeved hand. “I expect that whatever stays in this room stays here. If I hear any rumour that may possibly  relate to anything regarding to this, I will not hesitate to kill you. Go!”

 

“Jessica!” Yuri cried out as Sooyoung bit down hard on her arm, Tiffany tugging on the younger child’s hair in vain to make her dislodge her teeth from Yuri’s dark arm.

 

“Soo!” Jessica bellowed, snapping her hand across the younger girl's face and successfully snapping her out of her reverie.

 

“I..I…” Sooyoung gasped croaking and crying.

 

““She's fine. She just fainted.” Jessica comforted the younger girl tentatively. “See?” Sooyoung collapsed into wordless tears as Taeyeon stirred slightly, showing signs of life.

 

“Oh oh oh.” Jessica sighed as the younger girl curled into herself and burst into a fresh wave of tears. Sooyoung’s tragic life before the Kims had permanently etched into her mind the horror of a loved one’s death. Yuri rubbed the imprint of teeth on her forearm tentatively.

 

“Thats some mean bite you've got there, Soo.” Jessica scoffed immediately at her words.

 

“Soo’s the princess of the extinct race of werecats. Just like how Hyo is the princess of the Hime Clan. If a werecat princess couldn't have a mean bite, then she wouldn't be living.up to the name of a werecat.”

 

“I'm not one.” Sooyoung mumbled. “A werecat that can't fully shift isn't considered a fully fledged werecat.” Jessica waved her off.

 

““Those were your parents and.members being stupid. That's what left them to becoming extinct, isn't it? And you became the only one left.”

 

“Yeah...But anyway, how is she?” Sooyoung clutched Jessica's hand worriedly. “Why did she faint? Taeyeon isn't one to crumple easily.” Jessica's eyes followed the path of the dark bruises marrying Taeyeon’s skin.

 

“Jiyong wasn't restraining himself with her last night. It tolled on her, physically.”


 

“That bastard!” Hyoyeon immediately burst out explosively. “She’s fragile! Doesn’t he know that?” Jessica glared at Hyoyeon, who had nearly dropped Taeyeon in her fit of rage.

 

“My ladies! The bath, its ready!” Irene burst into the room, face pale, a billow of steam trailing.behind her as she emerged from the bath chamber, hot and sweaty.

 

“We need to lift her.into the bath. Quickly.” Jessica ordered, gritting her teeth as she took the burden from Hyoyeon, lifting in her arms the petite girl with ease.

 

“Irene.” The maidservant whipped around at the soothing voice of Tiffany. “ I need you to get a list of herbs for me.” The beautiful lady's face was scrunched in a tight frown. “As discreetly as possible.” She handed Irene a list of herbs, hastily written, and turned to follow the rest of the girl's. “ Quickly. Please.”

 

Irene gulped and nodded, eyes quickly flitting to the piece of paper stuffed in her hands.

 

The lady Tiffany was indeed very very well versed in the art of healing and alchemy. Irene quickly scrambled out of the door, eyes scanning as she ran, the piece of paper with fervent intensity.

 

Calendula

 

Plantain

 

Aloe

 

Ginger

 

Jasmine

 

Lavender

 

Meadowsweet

 

Parsley

 

Rosemary

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter