Your Hearts And Backs Are For Me To Stab

The King's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The group of four stared at the burning mansion that lit the sky a vibrant red and gold in blue.

 

They couldn't even take Hayeon's body with them.

 

It had to be burnt, since having a faint of demon possession meant that the corpse itself could be repossessed again by another demon.

 

They couldn't have that possibility happening when they killed the demon king. Leaving Hayeon's body aside without burning meant it could still be used by demons.

 

Burning it ensured that it would not.

 

Taeyeon hadn't spoken a single word since the incident, darkening bags already gathering under her eyes from the psychological stress she suffered when she chose to kill Hayeon.

 

Hyoyeon rubbed Taeyeon's back awkwardly.

 

“We should go. It won't be long before people start running to see what started the fire, especially since Sha was the one staying here.” All the girls flinched as Taeyeon nodded mutely and turned, leaving the street with silent footsteps.

 

Hyoyeon suddenly lunged forward, grappling her sister and swiftly turning her away from the front as a carriage careened past them, screeching and wobbling dangerously about on its wheels, swerving side to side from each side of the street.

 

She tightened her grip on Taeyeon slightly, wrenching the hood a tad tighter over her sister's face as a couple of guards brushed past them.

 

They needed to get back to the castle as fast as possible, undetected.

 

Hyoyeon dragged Taeyeon back to where the rest of the girls were currently waiting.

 

“There's a lot of guards loitering around here.” Hyoyeon muttered lowly. Yuri nodded sharply.

 

“Maybe--”

 

“Make way! Make way!” A group of palace guards thundered past them towards the notice boards.

 

“.” Yuri mumbled at the sudden flurry of soldiers. She shifted her head slightly, quickly pulling up her scarf to mask her face slightly. “I'll go and see what changed.”

 

“No need.” Tiffany jerked her chin forward. “Sounds like they're making an announcement instead of pasting a notice on the boards this time.”

 

“As written and decreed by King Jiyong himself, all citizens must not be outside their houses after curfew hours. All citizens must note that from this day onwards, a curfew will be placed in motion for the safety of all the citizens living in the cities due to an increasing influx of demonic activity from all regions coming towards the city itself. Also, any one that intentionally harbours these criminals, will be executed without trial, as they are solely responsible for the untimely and recent death of the Lord Sha and the arson of his manor!” The girls glanced at each other, highly alarmed as soldiers begin to enter the crowds, distributing fliers of detailed faces of the other three girls accompanying Taeyeon. “Apart from the arson and murder of Lord Sha, these criminals are responsible for the kidnapping of our Queen, who has disappeared from the capital only three days ago. Those who have any information regarding these fugitives can come forward to the Justice Offices to make a report. Upon making the report, you will receive 10 million from the King himself for your effort in helping to catch these criminals!” The crowd immediately stirred into a huge uproar at the announcement of the amount of reward given simply for divulging information about the three fugitives whereabouts.

 

Yuri's teeth ground against each other in frustration.

 

“Looks like he's really trying to force us into hiding with little to no help with all that claim about reward money simply by giving information. A well played ploy indeed. Money triumphs conscience most of the times with regards to citizens that care more of their welfare than honesty. “ She hissed lowly under her breath, all four of them immediately ducking into a corner alley to avoid the suddenly teeming crowds that spread in search for them. “Turning our only possible allies into potential enemies instead of allies.”

 

“But a curious thing, isn't it? Jiyong's name is used in the decree, but the one that officiated it's release is Sha. I saw his name written right at the bottom of the decree instead of Jiyong's sigil. Also, his title seems to have changed. “Tiffany murmured carefully as Taeyeon jerked suddenly at the mention of Sha's name. She glanced a little apologetically at her sister, knowing that the Demon's name was perhaps still a sensitive topic for Taeyeon.

 

“He's dead. I made sure of that.” Taeyeon croaked out, voice rough from unuse. “When Hayeon died, the spell severed both Hayeon's life and his, since they were bound together temporarily. “ Her voice was rough and cringing, as she relived the unpleasant memory of willingly killing her only surviving sibling only a day before.

 

“Yes.” Tiffany automatically comforted her, placing a gentle hand on Taeyeon's cheek. “We know you did.” Her eyes gazed softly at Taeyeon's, only flinching as Taeyeon met her dark eyes, then turned away resolutely. “Anyway,” Tiffany cringed back, her voice coloured with embarrassment, “Is Jiyong ill or something? Or perhaps he's given in to his demon earlier than we expected.” Her voice rose nervously as all pairs of eyes turned towards her half angrily and half nervously. “I mean, I just noticed that they kept calling Sha Lord Sha and the title beneath his name had changed to Regent. Isn't Regent the title given to the automatic ruler that rules in place if the monarch is incapacitated?” She shrieked slightly as Taeyeon immediately lunged forward, dodging her frantic grab of her arm to prevent her from dashing forward. “

 

“Stop her!” Yuri's frantic voice called out immediately, and Hyoyeon reached out, quick as lightning, grappling Taeyeon's hand in a strong grip and jerking her harshly backwards.

 

Taeyeon crashed to the ground, and Hyoyeon immediately twisted her arm right behind her violently, before pressing her knee on Taeyeon's back.

 

“Sorry.” She grinned at Taeyeon, who put up quite a strong struggle to throw Hyoyeon off her back.

 

“Get off me!” Taeyeon ground out, bucking her body almost angrily as tried to throw her sister off. “Jiyong, something must have happened to him---”

 

“And you rushing out there ain't helping anything but to get us caught.” Hyoyeon reasoned with her bluntly. “I'm only letting you go if you ain't gonna be such a priss and run to save your prince in trouble immediately.” Taeyeon grunted, almost succeeding in prying apart the hands that held her firmly in the ground. “Ohhh. Nope. Nope. “ Hyoyeon clicked her tongue immediately. “Calm down!” She slammed Taeyeon on the ground roughly, and Taeyeon coughed, winded by the blow.

 

Hyoyeon's patience had finally worn thin.

 

“Did you think we were gonna simply let him be in trouble without doing anything? Let us think of the best course to go through before making any rash moves.” Taeyeon ceased to struggle at those words, flushing embarrassedly at a grinning Hyoyeon as her sister let her go and helped her up from the dirty ground.

 

“Sorry.” She mumbled.

 

“Is fine!” Hyoyeon crowed, slapping the back of her neck awkwardly. “ I'm sure when either of us have a relationship like how you and Jiyong have, we'd be even more rash than you ever were.”

 

“Now, we should think of who to go to.” All traces of smile wiped from Hyoyeon's face as she turned to the other two girls. “Any suggestions?”

 

“Well, Youngbae would be a good option, but I'm quite sure there's lots of people watching him.” Tiffany trailed off meaningfully, both Hyoyeon and her glancing at Yuri.

 

“What?!” The black clad assassin glared back at them.

 

“He has the hots for you.” Hyoyeon said meaningfully.

 

“And Chaeyin misses you the most out of all of us.” Tiffany nodded immediately, beckoning for Yuri to catch on.

 

Taeyeon snorted.

 

“NO!”

~~~~~~

“So...You needed my help?” Youngbae's eyebrows were practically swept into his hairline as he glanced at the four ladies squished on his wide couch. “In getting into the castle, I guess.” He grinned slightly as Yuri sulked beside him. “Alright, since you agreed to my terms...I guess I'd do the liberty of getting you four into the castle.”

 

“I hate you guys.” As soon as Youngbae nodded and left, Yuri stomped on Hyoyeon's foot angrily, drawing a pained yelp from the blonde girl. “You practically sold me!” She accused.

 

“Well, correction.” Hyoyeon said a matter of factly, rubbing her throbbing toe frantically. “We sold you for two days after everything has settled down! Think of how happy you'd be, pampered like a princess by Youngbae~” A faint smile graced Taeyeon's lips at the banter her sisters were bickering with.

 

“I don't need pampering!”

 

“Well~ It's good to be pampered by a man once in a while, and at the same time, get that wild libido down~” Taeyeon closed her eyes, hiding the smile that graced her lips as Hyoyeon thudded heavily on the floor, knocked off the couch due to Yuri's well placed punch.

 

“I really hate you!”

 

“Aw!” Their blonde haired sister flipped up and grinned. “Hey, I just thought maybe we should lighten the mood.”

 

“No.”

 

“No.”

 

“What? Are you ing crazy? No!”

 

Hyoyeon glanced at the three disapproving stares shot her way.

 

“But whyyyyyy?”

 

“You sound like Yoona.” Taeyeon glanced at her momentarily. “In her more... undesirable times.”

 

“Well,” Hyoyeon held up a finger importantly. “Considering that I taught her all the different kinds of pranks, as her Master, I would say that yes, I am very much like her.”

 

“It wasn't a compliment, by the way.” Taeyeon added drily. “In case you didn't notice, there was the word undesirable that I had used to describe her.”

 

“Ehhhh.” Hyoyeon flapped her hands immediately. “It don't matter. Whatever you may used to describe me and Yoongie, at least it got your mind off things, didn't it? You're smiling again.”

 

Taeyeon blinked in surprise, before a warm smile spread consciously across her face, her cheeks giving a delighted flush.

 

“I noticed.”

 

Both girls glanced at each other for a split moment, then smiled.

 

Then Yuri smashed her foot in the back of Hyoyeon's head.

 

“I'm gonna torture you for selling me out to Youngbae and Chaeyin.”

 

“Hey hey hey, it was with mutual agreement that we did this!”

 

“I didn't agree!”

 

“Well Taeyeon did! And her vote counts twice!” Hyoyeon and Yuri were bashed up against each other, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, trying to get into each other's face as much as possible.

 

“Kids.” Taeyeon intoned, watching as all tension left from Tiffany's shoulders, and she flipped back on the couch, sipping on her drink, a small giggle rising from as both Yuri and Hyoyeon flicked each other on the forehead and both turned, yelping from the pain they inflicted right on each other.

 

“Idiots.” She crowed, a satisfied smile crossing her face at the more familiar and comforting scene of her sisters fighting. Of course, she knew they were doing it for her sake---but still...she was grateful. A soft smile adorned her face as she watched her sister's try to return a sense of normalcy towards their upturned lives with their childish bickering.

 

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

“It's been nearly an entire week! How can you say you aren't worried?!” Jessica almost roared at Sooyoung, who shrank back slightly in fear of her rage.

 

“We have to trust Seo about this. She must be seeing something that made her----”

 

“Go AWOL for almost an entire week without eating, drinking or sleeping? Just sitting down there catatonic and with that ing milky thing over her eyes!” Jessica fumed, half furious half torn over the worry she felt for her youngest sister, who until now hadn't been able to wake up from her last usage of her powers. Yoona and Krystal had taken to staying by Seohyun's side, almost too consciously, and not to mention that occasionally white haired or blue haired male that recently dwelled almost like a gum by her younger sister’s side. Jessica scowled deeply, brushing aside her fringe to peer up at the dark murderous sky. “This week's weather's been getting worse for wear.” She grumbled deeply, her eyes moodily casting it's wears on the black sky that had stayed thunderous and cloudy for almost the last few days after Sha had died.

 

Ever since that rash incident that Krystal had done in confronting the demon king and the currently non existent Kiko, she had taken to wearing a mask over her scarred face. Actually, only over half of her scarred face. After all, the jagged scar that Kiko had torn into her sister's flesh only raced from top to bottom over the right side of Krystal's face. She had assured Krystal countless times that she was beautiful just as she was, but her sister had refused to exit her room until Jessica had gotten her a mask to wear over her scarred side of her face. She hadn't even looked at the mirror once since after that incident too. It was quite worrying for Jessica, since she had never seen Krystal's self confidence drop so much since...ever.

It was as though Krystal herself had changed, leaving nothing but a odd different sister than the one she was supposed to be having.

 

Jessica bristled as the boy that clearly liked Kryssie stepped into the room, his hair coloured in a beautiful white blonde tint, and a cheeky smile on his face.

 

“Now, what the is he doing here---” She stormed towards him, only to be shoved past by Krystal, who flitted to his front with a odd smile on her face.

 

“Oh, young love.” Sooyoung sighed dramatically. “The little bird is finally rising from her sister's nest to---”

 

“Want me to hit you where it hurts?” Jessica grinned, baring her teeth and clenching her fist at Sooyoung's face.

 

Sooyoung yelp and clutched her chest.

 

“Noooo…”

 

“Hey you! You there! Yes you!” The blonde haired boy pointed to himself amusedly before patting Krystal's arm reassuringly. “Stop. Touching my sister!”

 

Krystal facepalmed as Jessica stormed over to them like a hulking bull.

 

“Hands off! Hands away! Off bounds!” She spluttered as her sister whirled her to the side furiously.

 

“Gong Myung isn't doing anything.” She defended her friend fervently, much to the chagrin of her older sister.

 

“Kryssie-bear!”

 

“ Oh you.” Krystal snapped, feeling the warm metal plate of her mask Nestle against her chin comfortably. She huffed, then grabbed Gong Myung’s wrist swiftly, face burning as she tugged him out of the room.

 

He was waving to them like the cheeky prat he was. She was sure of that.

 

“You're sister's pretty cute.” He grinned cheekily at Krystal, and she narrowed her eyes.

 

“You did not just hit on my sister.” She poked his chest. “Ew!” She paused for a moment, eyeing him jealously. “She's a lot prettier than I am, and a lot stronger too. She'll kill you if you hit on her.” She chided him roughly, turning her eyes away as Gong Myung gave her a side glance and a shrug, jumping to sit on the window ledge.

 

“Don't really care.” He grinned.

 

“You like her that much, don't you?” It was hard to keep her jealousy out if her voice, but Krystal guessed she managed, since not a flicker of mischief crossed Gong Myung's handsome face.

 

“Maybe.” Her friend shrugged offhandedly. “But that's probably because she is also a part of you.”

 

“A part of me?” Astonishment flickers across Krystal's face. “What do you mean?”

 

“Silly you.” Gong Myung flicked her forehead lightly, grinning in a way that made Krystal's heart flutter and stutter in her chest. “She's your sister, isn't she? There's always some part of her in you.” Krystal's mouth turned down slightly at his words.

 

“Well, she's prettier.” She said almost defensively. “I can tell why you like her.” Gong Myung's eyebrows almost raise themselves to his hairline.

 

“If you're worried that I'll choose her over you, don't worry.” He patted her arm gently, ruffling her hair in a manner that both chagrined and amused her. “I like her too, but I'll always choose you over her.” He tapped her face mask gently. “And you're pretty too, Kryssie-bear.” He teased.

 

“Ah!” Gong myung yelped as she smashed her fist into his solar plexus at the embarrassing use of the nickname. “Why are you trying to murder me!”

 

“Don't. Call. Me. Kryssie-bear.” She ground out behind her teeth as Gong Myung grinned mischievously and rubbed his stomach slightly. “Besides, you've got way too much muscles for that to hurt.”

 

“Hm. Shall we see?” He lifted up the front of his shirt, and Krystal yelped immediately, shielding her eyes from the muscular sight. He grinned at her reaction, dropping his shirt as she flushed adorably.

 

Krystal quickly looked for another conversation to have with him, trying to miserably save herself from embarrassment.

 

“Your hair.” She stuttered, gritting her teeth through her courage as she steered the conversation away from dangerous territory. “Why does it change colour?” The smile immediately drops from Gong Myung's face at her question, and Krystal faltered as his hair started to change from a pure white blonde to a stormy greyish blue, the frown on his face more pronounced by the minute.

 

“Well, if--if you're uncomfortable about talking about it, you don't have to.” She stumbled over her words nervously, watching as the frown deepened on his face, the sky turning a little darker by the minute as the frown on his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter