Choice

The King's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chamber was dark and bathed in darkness yet again, but this time, Jiyong was waiting for her on the bed, the foul mood irritating his presence, and sending his mirth and rage surging in waves in almost every direction. Taeyeon let the robe she wore slip off her body gently as she clambered onto the bed.

 

“Jiyong.” She sighed gently, tentatively touching his shoulder. A yelp escapes her lips as he dives down on her, pushing her roughly into the mattress, eyes dark and hungry, but yet at the same time, lost and fervent. “Jiyong. Shh…” She whispered, cupping his face and biting her lip gently, making the decision to gently kiss his lips comfortingly. Jiyong buried his face in her nape, nuzzling her skin with odd gentleness as he breathed in her scent. “Shh.” A hand ran smoothly up and down the plane of his muscled back. “Its okay. I’m here.” Jiyong stiffened at her words, lifting his eyes to her with a calmer storm raging in them.

 

“I know.” His voice was rough. “I’ve waited so long.”

 

“I know you have.” Taeyeon’s voice was thick. “And you’ve waited long enough.” She swallowed nervously. This was tough decision she had to make all on her own. The decision of offering up her body as part of the deal to take revenge and gain access into the heart of the fickle insecure man before her. Jiyong loved her. That she knew clearly. He loved her so much that it bordered on an obsession that both frightened and pleased her.

 

“What are you doing?” Confusion riddled the contours of his face as she pulled him up to face her. “Taeyeon, what are you doing?” Taeyeon swallowed unnoticeably. Slowly, she raised her hand to grasp his, silent glittering tears in her eyes as she drew his hand to the flimsy strap on her shoulder.

 

“Giving myself willingly to you.” Her breath breezed softly at the shell of his ear. Dark eyes, hungry and demanding, glanced deeply into hers, cupping her face in his hands as he scrutinized her eyes for any sign if deceit and hesitance. “Jiyong.” Taeyeon pretended to be put off, turning slightly irately to the side as he cupped her face, pulling back to stare seriously at her. “Are you doubting me?”

 

Alarm crossed Jiyong’s face as he flushed at her words.

 

“No no no! I would never doubt you!” He clasped her hands fervently, as though pleading her to believe his words. “I just…”

 

“It's alright.” Taeyeon let her eyes drop, not meeting his own. “I get it. I was your brother's wife until recently. It's something you can't get over easily.”

 

“No, Taeyeon, I…” Taeyeon turned her head away quickly at his attempt to convince her, looking at him through the corners of her eyes slightly. Jiyong reared back, pulling.back and swallowing hard at her silent rejection of his explanation.

 

“Fine.” He growled lowly, “Since you don't want to hear it, I'll make you believe it.” He crushed his lips to hers immediately, dominating over her chapped but sweet lips with a hard and unforgiving presence. Taeyeon barely managed to grasp a breath before his mouth pinned her breath to her lips, hands roaming greedily across all over her pale skin. She gasped, half in pain and half in pleasure, eyes lidded as his lips bruised their way down her sensitive neck.

 

This was probably the difference between the two brothers. While Seunghyun was a patient and caring lover who put others needs before his own, Jiyong was a taker. His lips were not soft and gentle, they were rough and unforgiving. They travelled at a pace that sliced her pale skin and left burning feelings in lieu of his heated lips. A soft cry of pain echoed from her lips as his hand pinched her waist roughly, drawing and pressing her heated body to his tightly, nearly crushing her in his embrace. Jiyong ignored her cry of pain, eyes dark and greedy as they raced over the contours of her body, tearing the flimsy nightstand to pieces like a ravaging wolf.

 

“Jiyong!” She cried half in fear and half in uncontrolled ecstasy. He glanced up at her call with a half animalistic growl and her chest heaved, eyes searching his frantically. Goosebumps that Jiyong mistook for pleasure and anticipation rose on her skin and she swallowed nervously.

 

“I'm all yours.” She lied, then melted into his arms in soft but sad silence, her eyes glazing as he took her roughly but lovingly, the tears spilling over the corners of her eyes as she drifted off gently into a land of her own.

 

~~~~~~

The Land that no one knows:

 

Taeyeon.

 

A soft myriad of voices called to her, pulling her from her forced retreat into her self as Jiyong ravaged her physically, marking her as his own. She opened her eyes, momentarily blinded by a blinding white light that glowed in a distance.

 

Taeyeon.

 

She blinked once. Twice. Then turned to find the source of the voice.

 

There was no one.

 

“Over here, dummy.” A hand reached up to her shoulder and tugged strongly, tearing a frightened yelp from as she whipped around. “Say, what are you so scared for?” The person who called on her was a little boy no older than five, his dark eyes bright and wide, skin as pale as milk, with a shock of dark hair falling in a fringe across his forehead. He beamed, showing neat rows of white teeth that grunted in the blinding light.

 

“Heya Heya, pretty lady.” He waved cheekily, and a unconscious grin spread across Taeyeon’s face as his oddness struck as similar to the fond memories she held of Seunghyun from the deeply locked chest of memories within her brain. Seunghyun had been older, more mischievous, and at times oddly infuriating. It was as though no one was on the same frequency channel that he was, and that sometimes made Taeyeon become torn between having the urge to laugh or cry. A surge of that same kind of feeling filled her as she stared at the small little boy.

 

“Seunghyun?” She blurted out hesitantly. The boy shook his head fervently, the shock of dark hair waving like soft silk in the sun.

 

“No no. That person you're talking about, he's at the other side. Beyond the white light.” The boy beamed up at her. “I'm always here.” He tilted his head interestedly. “As a part

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter