009

As If Its Your Last

"I'm starting to dislike the idea of jungkook oppa being here unnie" Hyo said wile helping me with the dishes. 

Jungkook just dropped by again. This time he came from an international fan meet. It's been a week since the dating news broke but our company hasn't made any form of statement making the fans continue to speculate our real connection. My account kept being tagged for defaming posts or threats. It's getting pretty terrifying as time progressed. 

"Why is that so? did he do something bad to you?" I asked Hyo immediately

"ani. Jungkook oppa is really nice and kind and all but he is not your boyfriend unnie. He can't just drop by here whenever he is free especially not right now" 

"You were fine about this before, what changed?" 

"Everything changed unnie the moment our house started to be a camp out site for different fansites and media. It was okay a week ago but this is the second time oppa went here unannounced. We got lucky everytime because fans never spotted him but what would happen if they did spot him? That would make you a liar in front of the press, his fans would hate your more than they already do. Things would get ugly from then on. I am only saying this because I deeply care for  you unnie."


"I am really sorry that you and seungjae has to experience this. I know that even without saying anything, there are still mean comments targetting not only me but you as well. I don't want to mind what's happening but I know I can do that any longer. Don't worry, I'll do something about it. I am not sure what I can do but I swear I won't let this affect you"


"I don't mind people saying bad stuff about me unnie. I got hurt because they kept saying you are using oppa to debut when they didn't know how big hit chased you." 

 

"Let unnie handle all the problems, just mind your studies. I can handle this" 

 

After our talk, I prepared and went to the big hit building. 

 

I didn't bother hiding and just proceeded on entering using the front door. 

 

I went to the top floor in hopes of seeing Bang PDnim. 

 

I was very lucky that Bang PD is still in his office. 

His secretary let me in after letting pdnim know that I was here to see him. 

His office was a bit quiet and only the faint sound of BTS' guest appearance in an american show is playing on the background. 

 

"What brings you to Big Hit this late at night Jiyeon?" He asked after offering a seat to me. 

 

"I am very grateful for everything you did for me pdnim. I am fortunate to be given a chance to train here but I think it would be the best if I leave. At first it was okay when the news broke. Few days after, people continue to grow. Our house are filled with cameras of people we don't know and I am not even an idol yet. My sister and I kept getting hate for no reasons. I am afraid that even our youngest brother will be affected. I really love big hit and my members but I don't think I can do this. Maybe I wasn't really meant to be an idol' 

 

"Quitting is not the right answer Jiyeon. You don't have to quit to make them stop because the truth is no matter what you do, they will continue to hate you just by being close to the BTS Members. We can't erase everthing jungkook wrote in his 'thanks to'. I am sorry for making things difficult than it already is. I feel like I am partly at fault too since we didn't release any statement. You have to understand that I need to do what is best for the majority. This is the very first dating scandal of my company that blew out of proportion. This was different from Yoongi's so we are thinking of a way to diffuse the situation. Our team has been preparing our official statement before you even came here. I don't want to lose a good trainee so I am not allowing you to leave. The first thing you need to learn when you became an idol is that this entertainment world that everybody wants to be a part of is really cruel. You just need to be strong in order to turn the tables around."

 

"I am already causing so much trouble for a lot of people. I don't want to do that"

 

"On the contrary, this dating scandal has a good side"

 

"What do you mean pdnim?"

 

"Good or Bad Publicity, it's still publicity. In the business standpoint, having people talk about you is a 50/50 chance that people would support you."

 

"I still don't get it pd nim" I told him honestly making him laugh

 

"I accepted you as a trainee and waited for you all these months because I saw something in you that was different. I didn't accept any other trainee until you confirmed joining my company. It took me a while to answer to the scandal because I was consulting our marketing and sales team for a project"

 

"A project?" 

 

"When I first saw you, I honestly didn't envision you being a part of a group. I wanted you to be a soloist but I was advised it was better to have you debut with other members. After consulting them again. we came to a solution that we are gioing to face this scandal head on. There are 50% chances that this might not work but this is a risk I am personally willing to take. I already informed your other members earlier so this won't surprise them. We are announcing that Big Hit finally has a female trainee and not only that you are to debut first as a soloist"

 

"What if it failed? What if I flopped, what will happen to the other members?"

 

"We will still have them debut. You won't fail because you are talented and you got what it takes. I believe in you and so does the whole team"

 

"When do you plan to have me debut?" I asked him curiously


"Within 2 weeks. you'll be debuting on stage. Our statement has been released just before you came here."

 

"What would've you done if I didn't agree?" I asked him shocked

 

"I would convince you to accept it. I want you to head home and prepare because tomorrow would be a crazy day. You wouuld be having your photoshoot for your album. The day after that, you are going to record your album" 

 

"Wouldn't that be rushing everything?"

 

"Jungkook gave me a copy of all the songs he recorded while you were singing. All of them are good and I am planning for you to use those songs. It would be a waste if those great songs won't be heard by others."

 

I feel greatly touched by Bang PD's comments but it still shocked me knowing that jungkook showed him my compositions. 

 

When I went down of the building, the people crowding in front of the entrance doubled. This time there were cameras intensely taking my photo. 

Things got a bit dangerous that PDnim decided to have the company car drive me home. 


While we were on the road I decided to look up Big Hit Entertainment in the search engine. My face immediately popped and i saw that I was trending in twitter. 

 

BIG HIT ENTERTAINMENT REVEALS PLAN TO DEBUT A FEMALE SOLOIST