004

As If Its Your Last

HER

 

I was on my way home when my phone vibrated. 

JK followed you 

I clicked his profile and gasped. 

I immediately followed him back and squeeled. 

 

Jeon Jungkook just followed me!!!

 

But wait, is this really him? 

 

Why didn't I know he has a private account???

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Kookie is this really you?

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

Yes this is me. Just please don't tell anybody about this account.

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Your secret is safe with me Jeon Jungkook. Now please rest because I'm sure you have a long day tomorrow

 

I didnt receive any reply from jungkook after that. i was assuming he took my advice. 

 

He then posted a selfie in their twitter account. 

This guy... 

 

I smiled and went to sleep. 

I wasnt able to attend my first shift because my alarm wasnt working today. 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

Hey I dropped by your work today and you werent there?

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

My alarm wasnt working today sunbae, I overslept T.T I'll probably just go to class later. 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

I dont think I'll be able to drop by the store today. Are you working tonight? 

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

I dont have the night shift today sunbae so its okay.

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

I know that we didnt know each other for a long time yet but do you want to meet my members? 

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Wouldnt it be a bother for you? I mean your hyungs doesnt even know who I am and I could disturb your practice. 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

My hyungs has been wanting to meet you. They bugged me earlier to tell them who you are since I followed you in my private account.

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Gosh I feel so embarassed. What time do you want me to meet you? 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

After your class, can you come over already? or are you going to do something? 

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

After my class I'll be going to one of the studios to record my project. Im free after that

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

Let me guess, youre finishing the song composition activity of Miss Kim?

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Yeah! How did you know? 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

No one is exempted from that. I actually used my solo song in our wings album as my requirement for her. I just had an idea, how about you record your song in our studio.

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Sunbae I cant impose like that. I dont want to use your time for rehearsals for sure Yoongi is using your studio. 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

 Yoongi hyung is not yet in. I think he's still sleeping. We dont have to practice until night time. 

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Is it really okay? I dont want you thinking that Im using you. 

 

JK -> Sofia Hwang

I dont think that way and yes its really okay. Ill leave your name in the guards so that they'll let you in. Ill give you my number, just call me when youre on the way to big hit

 

Sofia Hwang -> JK

Thank you so much for being nice sunbae. Ill be there after my class.

 

The day passed by like a blur. I cant help but smile the whole day. 

My classmates and even my professors noticed my mood

It was also the day that our rankings are going to be released. 

 

The students were crowded in the bulletin board.

I was hearing a lot of murmurings.

 

"I cant believe it! Someone actually beat her" 

"I dont think Its possible. How can a prodigy be ranked third" 

 

The other students are slowly going away since they already saw their grades/rank. 

 

3rd Hwang Jiyeon 99.0%

 

I dont really care what my ranking was but apparently the school does. My classmates and instructors were all surprised that I only ranked third. 

It was such a big deal that I was called to the dean's office. 

 

"Ms Hwang, Im assuming you saw your ranking this quarter" 

"Yes ma'am."

"What happened sweetie?"

"I guess I wasnt that focus in my classes this quarter." 

"Im worried for you sweetie. I am aware of your predicament. I know how hard it is to support yourself and your siblings but I just wanted to remind you that you are already a senior. In a few months time, You will be needing scholarships in order to go to the university. Being ranked 1 gives you that automatically." 

"Ma'am I can get my grades back up again. Ill just have to work harder than before" 

"That's good to know. I dont want to meddle with your personal life but If I can give you an advice, I will tell you to stay with one job. I know that you have multiple jobs and that you work and study without any breaks. I know that its also taking a toll on your body. You should take good care of yourself." 
 

"I know mam but the quickest way to get my siblings back is to work until I cant." 

"One of our assistant librarians just filed her resignation. She will be having a baby this year so she resigned. I called you in today not to scold you for ranking third but to offer you this job. This wont interfere with any of your classes. You'll be working 4 hours per day and that's 20 hours a week. Should you accept this job, you no longer have to pay your tuition fee for the following quarter until you graduate. All your income will remain allocated for your family. So what do you think?" 

"Ma'am Im grateful for the opportunity. I would usually think about it but this offer is just too good to pass up. Im in" 

"Good to know. You can start tomorrow."

"Thank you so much Ms. Jung, I swear you wont regret this."

 

To: Sunbae

Annyeong sunbae! This is jiyeonnie. Im already done with class. I have good news :) 

 

Fr: Sunbae

See you in a bit :) I already told the guard about you.

 

To: Sunbae

Arasso. See you!

 

Author's Note:

Hi guys!!! If you are jimin fans, please do check out my other bts fic Its called Rhythm.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1225501/rhythm-you-jimin-bts-jungkook-suga-jiminandyou-parkjiminxoc

Please pleaseee for this cute little mochiii