003

As If Its Your Last

I want to thank the first few people who read my story. Thank you thank you sooo much, you dont know how much that means to me. 


 

HIM

 

"kookieeee where have you been?" My bandmates greeted me the moment I entered our dorm

"I ate ramen first before going to the dorm."

"Jin hyung has been looking for you. He thought something bad happened to you" jimin hyung told me.

"I know that hyung was worried about me. Ill apologize when we wake up. I was just hungry and it took me longer this time to come home" 

"Jimin, quit nagging it doesnt suit you.Let the maknae rest first and then we will settle everything tomorrow" namjoon hyung told us

 

We were on our way to our rooms when Jimin hyung whispered to me. 

"You met up with a girl maknae, I know. Just don't get caught or else this will be a big trouble for you and for us" he patted my back one more time before he left

 

I dont know how but jimin hyung seems to know everything. Its that or he just really knew me very well. 

I laid in my bed thinking about the girl I met earlier. 

I opened my hidden twitter account and tweeted. 

@jjk97: It was very nice to meet you :) Hope I'll see you again

I scrolled down my feed and looked at some of the tweets from fans. This has been my hobby for quite some time. When I cant sleep or I dont have anything to do, I usually looked at army's account. 

I was having fun reading when I saw a girl who has the same name as jiyeon. 

@hwangjiyeon: tonight was very very interesting :) 

I looked at the photos she uploaded and smiled. 

I found her!

I cant believe she's an army. She has some of our tweets retweeted and I saw how she interacted with some of our fans. 

 

I was very engrossed with reading her tweets when Jin hyung knocked on our door telling us that our breakfast is already prepared. 

I mentally scolded myself. 

Jungkookie youre so dead.

 

"Maknae, are you okay?" namjoon hyung asked when I sat in the table

"You look like hell kookie" yoongi hyung added

"Did you even sleep?" hoseok hyung asked

"He didnt sleep. I can hear him laugh from the other room" jimin hyung added

"What were you doing last night kookie?" they asked

"Nothing. I was just monitoring our live performances and also our fan's comments." I tried to tell them

 

They didnt tease or ask me again and we just proceeded to our schedules for today. 

I wasnt myself today and I feel really bad.

The hyungs had to act hyper than the usual so that they wont notice my attitude. 

 

"maknae, i dont know what you did last night and I don't believe any of your alibi earlier. Please think of your hyungs." jin hyung said before he patted my shoulder

"Get some sleep tonight maknae" jimin hyung told me. 

 

"Hyung (manager hyung) please drop me off here. I'll clear my mind first before going home. Im also not hungry so please don't wait up" I told them while putting on my mask and hoodie. 

"Jungkook, you can roam around and clear your head but don't dare go to busan tonight. You have an early schedule tomorrow." manager hyung reminded me

"I wont go to busan, I promise." 

 

I waited until the van drove off before walking to the convenience store. 

It was still crowded inside so I waited for the store to clear up. 

When it did, I entered. 

 

"Hi Jiyeon" She looked up and smiled

"Annyeong sunbae!" she greeted

She looked at me and laughed

"You seem busy and tired sunbae, you look like hell" she added

"I actually felt like hell. I can't sleep last night" 

"Maybe that was because of the coffee you bought on your way home" 

"Coffees dont usually have an effect on me since I drink it a lot" 

"Caffeine is still caffeine sunbae... OHHH sunbae face the wall" 

I looked at her confused. She reached out and pull my mask up then turned my body.

I was about to ask her what's going on when I heard someone spoke. 

"Where's the rack for the hygiene kit?"

"It's at the 3rd rack ma'am" She answered calmly. 

The girl paid the kit and went out. 

"That was close" she said

"What was that for?" I asked 

"I know that youre tired sunbae. If someone found out that youre here, you'll be forced to escape and entertain your fans.I know you love them but you need to rest too oppa- I mean sunbae" 

I smiled at her

"Jiyeon, oppa is fine with me and thank you" 

"Youre welcome. So why are you early today oppa?" 

"We came from a photoshoot then an interview. I decided to go here" 

"What will you have today oppa" 

"Coffee" 

"Ya!" 

I looked at her shocked for yelling at me

"Oppa, I'm an ARMY. I don't want to see you guys not getting enough sleep. I won't let you have trouble sleeping again tonight" 

"Okay, what do you suggest?" I asked her smiling. 

I was touched with her concern. If only she knew that she's the reason that Im sleepless last night. 

 

"How about drink some yogurt or milk today so that you'll be able to sleep immediately" 

"Okay, Ill have that." 

She went to the food rack and picked my drink and chips. 

"Here you go sunbae" I paid for the food and thanked her. 

"Thank you. Do you want to take a picture together?" I asked her shyly. 

I saw her face turned red.

"Of course oppa" 

We posed together and took a lot of pictures. 

"You know I really find it amusing talking to you. When Im with you, I felt as if I was just the normal Jeon Jungkook not BTS Jungkook. People treat me differently because of my group. I find it hard to get close to others because of it." 

"Youre really blessed oppa. Many people love you and cheer for you. I know that fame might cause you to lose the real jeon jungkook but I know that youre stronger than that. If by chance youre starting to lose the real you, let your bandmates remind you, your family and I'm also here to remind you who you are." 

"Thank you jiyeon. It felt good to hear that" 

"Of course oppa. Im your biggest fan." 

"I don't want to go but I think I need to go home already." 

"Yes you should. You really need to rest sunbae" 

"What time does your duty end?" I asked

"I'll be off in an hour" 

"I want to wait till your shift ends but namjoon hyung might get mad" 

"stay safe oppa, good bye."

"Bye!"

 

 

"Youre back earlier today kookie" hoseok hyung commented

"Im sleepy" 

"Get some rest maknae, we have a long day tomorrow" namjoon added

 

I went to my room and rested. 

I was about to doze off when I remembered something. 

I knew that I just met her but I trusted her already. 

 

I followed jiyeon's account and tweeted her

@jjk97: Nice to catch up with you @hwangjiyeon. Ill try to drop by again during your first shift.

 

I waited for a couple of minutes for jiyeon's replied. 

 

Sofia Hwang followed you back

Sofia Hwang | @hwangjiyeon: @jjk97 ommmmoo you dont have to sunbae. Get some rest already! you told me you have a long day tom. 

@jjk97: @hwangjiyeon okay, I'll sleep already. Good night jiyeonnie, see you tomorrow. 

@hwangjiyeon: @jjk97 see you too! Good luck to all of your schedules!

 

I closed my twitter app and went to sleep almost immediately after my head touched the pillow.