Chapter 6 (Step By Step)

Hourglass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, September 2nd

“At this rate, I’m sure you will have a nice visit to the hospital in one or two days,” Seongwoo said as he leaned on the mini bar with a sachet of red ginseng on his hand, eyes staring at his friend who still busy working with her laptop. “I know you skipped lunch and now you will skip dinner too.”

“She’ll loves it, Ong. Hospital is like her second home, you know,” Sungjae grinned.

“Did you guys see the photos of their date? Man, dinner at such fancy hotel… Our Nayoungie is so romantic,” Minhyun joined the conversation, didn’t want to miss their daily ‘teasing-Nayoung’ time.

Nayoung looked up from her laptop and glaring at the bunch of annoying people she often called ‘best friends’.

“Don’t glare at them, they are just stating the facts,” Heehyun laughed when Nayoung sighs in disapproval.

“You hide a lot of things from us these days,” Sojung said as she sipped the wine in her hand, eyes focusing on Nayoung.

“You haven’t tell us about your first date. What did you guys do? What were you talking about?” Sungjae purposely sat at Nayoung’s desk and started playing with the piles of document and design to gain Nayoung’s attention (or simply annoying the CEO).

“Ya, Ong Seongwoo,” Nayoung had enough. “Why did you bring all of them to my room?” she said as she pointed to her friends. “You are supposed to help me with this project, not disturbing me.”

“I’ve finished my works,” Seongwoo shrugged. “That’s your own fault for taking another project, Naong-ah. You know we already so busy here, you should’ve just reject that offer if you barely have time to work on another design.”

Nayoung pouted, perfectly understand the fact they are already so busy with The Blues and accepting another project isn’t the really best thing to do at the moment.

“You should rest a bit and follow us to get dinner. You aren’t-” Sungjae stopped when a knocks heard from the door. They look at each other, because none of them would knock before barging into Nayoung’s working office.

“Come in,” Nayoung said, and gasped when the door opened and revealed Sejeong, standing awkwardly when she recognized the people inside the room.

Nayoung stood up from her chair and she walked to the door to let Sejeong in.

“Uhm, I met (Im) Nayoung unnie at the lobby and she told me to come here. Are you guys in the middle of meeting? Am I disturbing anything?” Sejeong asked hesitantly.

Nayoung could only shook her head to answer Sejeong’s question, because her eyes were too focused on Sejeong’s appearance, with simple shirt and pants that actually so different with the usual Sejeong she knows at the hospital. Her light make up actually makes her even prettier and the ponytail looks so cute on her.

“Unnie… Are you okay?” Sejeong asked her worriedly, snapping Nayoung from her daze. She cleared in embarrassment, and the look from her friends when she turned her body to face them only adding the heat in her cheeks.

“Sejeong, these are my friends,” she said as she put her hand in Sejeong’s waist to pull her closer. “Hwang Minhyun,” she pointed at the guy on the couch, who waved his hand excitedly. “Ki Heehyun, Kim Sojung, and Ong Seongwoo,” she pointed at the three who sat in the mini bar, “and the last,” she sighed, “Yook Sungjae, the troublemaker one,” she pointed the guy who still sat on her table. “You met him at Okinawa.”

“Annyeong, Sejeong-ah.” Sungjae casually greeted Sejeong.

Nayoung sent him a warning glare.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Unniedeul dan Oppadeul, I’m Kim Sejeong… Uhm, Nayoung Unnie’s fiancée,” she almost whispered the last part but they still heard it and resulting a cheers from Nayoung’s friends.

“‘Nayoung Unnie’s fiancée’ HAHAHA she’s cute, I like her, guys,” Minhyun laughed when he saw Nayoung and Sejeong blushing.

“Don’t mind them, they just love to annoy me,” Nayoung rolled her eyes at her friends and focusing her attention to the shorter girl beside her. “Why did you come here? Do you need anything?”

Sejeong shook her head and lifted up the paper bag in her hand to Nayoung.

“I met Doyeon at the gym and she said you will work overtime and you keep forget to eat… So I brought you a dinner,” she said before turned to Nayoung’s friends, showing her eye smile. “Have you guys had dinner? I brought enough food to everyone here.”

“Unfortunately we already had dinner,” Minhyun answered quickly, his eyes sparkling when he looked around at his friends, silently tell them to follow with him, “But you came in the right time! Nayoung skipped her lunch and won’t leave her chair to get dinner.”

Everyone, except Sejeong, understand his purpose right away and grinned, except Nayoung who rolled her eyes again. She knows her friends very well to understand what kind of 'drama’ that they are currently playing.

“So I guess… Sejeong-ah, you can stay here with our hard-working CEO and feed her. We’ll leave now,” Sungjae said and gestured his friends to leave the room, and they followed with a grin (and scoff from Nayoung).

“So… This is your office?” Sejeong looked around the room, seemed interested at the unique interior of Nayoung’s working office.

Nayoung nodded and gave a glass of orange juice to Sejeong from her mini bar. Sejeong accepted the drink and sipped it, eyes still looking around at the office, and Nayoung never stop looking at the younger girl. Sejeong’s sparkling eyes makes her looks like a curious child and it made Nayoung want to pinch her cheeks.

“Do you want to see something interesting?” she asked.

Sejeong nodded excitedly and followed Nayoung who now sat at the couch and took her laptop, typing something before a video playing on the TV connected to the laptop.

Sejeong now is looking at the set plan of Hourglass entire building.

Nayoung started explaining, “The Hourglass has 11 floors. Ong and I designed each floor to have a different style. The first and second floor is for exhibition, the third floor is the ‘show-off’ floor, the place for us to showing off some of our works since schools or just to put the awards we got. The fourth floor, here, is my office and the fifth floor is Ong’s. Sixth floor is for Sojin and Xiening, both of them are architect and they are like me and Ong’s right hand.”

“Sojin is my friend since school,” Sejeong said excitedly, “she’s one of my best friends.”

“I know, she said something along the line of ‘I’ll kill you if you hurt Sejeongie’,” Nayoung shook her head. “Sigh, that giant.”

Sejeong just laughed before focusing her attention back to the video in the television.

Nayoung continued her explanations. “The seventh floor is Kyungwon’s, Jihoon’s, and Woojin’s place. They are our IT experts. The eight floor is for Soyul and Eunwoo, Hourglass’s interior design architect. We still have two main members, Hyeyeon and Somi, but they still working on their studies abroad, but they still part of the Hourglass.”

“They look so young,” Sejeong mumbled when Nayoung showed the photos of Hyeyeon and Somi.

“Ong is the oldest here, can you believe that?” Nayoung grinned. After turned off her laptop and the television, Nayoung brought Sejeong to another room right beside Nayoung’s office.

“We usually make all the miniature model of our work at this room,” Nayoung said with a smile, “The very room that always feels like hell for me.”

“Wae?” Sejeong walked to the one of the building miniatures placed on the table, seemed purely interested at her fiancée’s works.

“Because making all these miniatures and trying to work it to be 3D miniature are like hell.”

Sejeong laughed again.

“But this place is amazing, and you are amazing,” she said as she turned to see Nayoung, who eventually blushed at the sudden compliment. “I’m pretty sure you often hurt your fingers because all those miniatures.” She glanced at 4 of Nayoung’s wrapped in band-aid fingers.

Nayoung just smiled and didn’t deny Sejeong’s sharp observation.

“So… I guess you like the natural things. You use woods and stones as the interior here, and I saw a waterfall wall in your room. It makes the room feels comfy, like home,” Sejeong said as she looked around the room.

“I love the sound of water,” Nayoung said, “It help me to stay relax while working.”

She took Sejeong to the room next to the maket room, showing an arcade-pools-filled room.

She grinned. “We love to, or have to, keep ourselves entertained even in the middle of hectic deadline.”

Sejeong can’t help but laughed again. She knows some companies that provide a relaxation or entertain place in their building for their employees, but this is the first time she saw a special room designed for playing games.

“Now I know why Doyeon always complained you rarely come home. You made this building as comfy as your own home.”

“Because I would never knew when or where my inspiration will come, or when do I have the mood to work,” Nayoung answered. “Can’t help that we are a living, walking art.” Her self-compliment resulted a laugh from Sejeong.

They went back to Nayoung’s office room after the CEO explained the whole fourth floor to Sejeong.

“Actually I’m pretty sure you spend a lot of your time in your mini bar rather than your arcade pool,” Sejeong said as she walked to the said place. “Three of your friends are here when I came.”

“Honestly we all have mini bar in our office,” Nayoung said and Sejeong had to stop working on the dinner preparation for her fiancée as she threw a dislike stare to Nayoung.

Nayoung smiled.

“Don’t worry, we are not a drinker… I mean, I’m not drinker, my friends are. I love making drink and they came here to drink it. That’s all.”

“I don’t know if I could trust you on that… As far as I remember, on the very first time of our meeting you were quite drunk.”

“Yah, you were drunk too,” Nayoung laughed. “Anyway I can drunk freely because my friends were there with me. I rarely touch any alcohol if I go alone. You can ask Dodo.”

“I’m fine with a drinker, but I don’t like it if you like to drink too much. It would destroy your liver, your heart, your blood… Everything.”

“And I’m glad I have you as my fiancée,” Nayoung grinned. “You would take care of me better than your patients, right?”

Nayoung smiled her usual bright smile, but for the first time that smile left Sejeong breathless.

“Of course.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter