Track 16:

Mythical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Track 16| Haunted

Jung Eunji

Eunji was haunted with nightmares.

Tears were streaming down her face with her eyes closed, but even so no one could wake her up. It was like she was locked down with chains and walls, no one could take her out of the slumber. Her heart was breaking.

Everything… everything just doesn’t seem right.

The dream was nothing. In fact, it used to be her most beautiful memories. However, Hypnos, the god of sleep himself, knows how even memories, no matter how beautiful, how colorful it was, it can be flipped upside down into a disaster, a nightmare that keeps haunting you.

“Die!!! Kill me!!! I’m begging you!!!”

The young heroine whispered in the wind, her lips cold and dry. She was thrashing in her sleep that even the being next to her couldn’t stir her back to reality. Humans are always complicated. They were made to not be perfect, and yet they kept finding flaws to perfect themselves. It was an endless cycle with no end, that’s why most of them have unfulfilled lives.

“Please… just end my life… please…”

A beautiful maiden sat down on the side of Eunji’s bed, her eyes telling a different story. With a small smile, she shook her head lightly.

“It’s not yet your time, my dear hero… The Fates will make sure you’ll have your life fulfilled, that’s your destiny…”

With a gentle kiss on her forehead, the lady disappeared. Like magic, the mask of pain disappeared from Eunji’s face. Like magic, a smile came to her lips… and she woke up.

 

When her eyes opened up, she was greeted by the night. Her room was dark with only the moonlight illuminating everything around her. The room felt cold and silent, but she knows someone was there. Her shoulder was in a bandage, but it felt good, better than she has expected. By the faint scent of the room, she could almost sense who it was but was still unbelieving.

“S-she couldn’t have gone here… right?” She muttered in the air, feeling emptiness wallowing inside her again. That feeling never left. Just whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter