Track 04: Raining

Mythical
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Track 04| Raining

Son Naeun

The city lights were enough to blind Naeun’s eyes. She wasn’t used to it.

It was a rainy night, but it wasn’t enough for people to go back and forth, passing her and the woman next to her as if they weren’t there. They have their own busy lives, lives that didn’t include the young woman and her mother. The sky was dark with no single star to light up the night sky. It was cold, scary and beyond cruel for her.

Her hands were holding up an umbrella to protect her and her mother from the rain. The older woman was asleep, her head peacefully resting in her daughter’s shoulders, as if she walked miles just to reach that point in which they actually did. It was their first time in the growing city after all.

“Mom… Wake up; we need to go find a shelter before it gets too cold.” She whispered gently, nudging her mother to open her eyes but to no avail, the older woman was deep in her sleep. Naeun can’t blame her. She can even feel the older woman’s warmth. She was getting sick. Much like how she was.

“Mom, help me for a bit okay? Let’s wake up and walk somewhere warm. You’re going down with fever.” The young lady tried again, this time earning a response. The two of them gathered up their feet and walked off the sidewalk, finding a shade to stay on for a while. Soon enough, they found a waiting shed in the park, just enough for about three people to stay in. Thankfully no one was around. The two women settled in, putting their soaked bags on a side as the two tried to make themselves comfortable from the coldness of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter