Chapter Eight

The secret of Park Shin Hye

Forgetting the pain

The best way to forget a love is by drowning it with a good dose of vodka. And that's what I did. With the insistence of my friends, I ended up accepting the invitation to go to a nightclub today. Maybe the loud sound and the drink could help me forget the pain. It was working. With each sip, he felt alcohol work. After two martini glasses, I already felt much better. The broken heart was no longer bleeding. I felt free, at least at that moment.

The music invaded my body, in a slow, pulsing beat, inviting me to dance. I was no longer in my normal sense when I decided to head for the dance floor. At the sound of that mind-boggling song, I closed my eyes and felt the vibration. All the cells of my body responding to the impulses of music.

I moved according to the chord symphony. My hands ran down my body, up and down, trying a kind of release. The beat was overpowering me. And when I opened my eyes for air, the lights blinded me for a moment, first of all at that nightclub stop. It was him. He was there. With that woman. I could recognize those backs anywhere. Curse. Why, of all the nightclubs in Seoul, right now, did he have to choose this one? It looks like chase. I will enjoy that he has not seen me yet and go to the corner where we are.

I looked for Krystal and Sung Kyung. After all, they dragged me here, they had to get me out of here. I saw them ahead of me, laughing at something.

"Girls, I want to go home. Let's go? "I said, already distressed and crazy to get out of there.

"What? But why? We have just arrived, not an hour ago, Hye, "replied Sung Kyung, not seeming to want to leave so early.

"Well, I ... I'm tired and with a lot of headache, that's it," I replied, hoping they would believe me before they discovered the real reason for my sudden escape.

But it seemed like I could not hide anything from them. Soon Krystal spotted Keun Suk on the other side of the nightclub. She just shook her head in denial before she looked at me.

"Hye, I know you're lying. I just saw your headache here with that woman. You do not have to leave. You should not leave. Where is your pride girl? You are much more than her, much more than any he has ever had. If he's an idiot who can not see it, it's not his fault. Show that great idiot what he's missing, "Krystal said with such conviction that I could not even disagree.

"Besides, I made some calls." Sung Kyung said, all mysterious.

"As well? Who did you call? "I asked, slightly more upset than I wanted.

"It's no big deal, just for some friends. Jong Suk, Yong Hwa and my boyfriend of course. "I said totally excited, especially on the boyfriend's part.

"What did you do? Yong Hwa and Jong Suk together, seriously? That will not work, "I whispered, but my friends could hear my tone of distress.

As Sung Kyung tried to calm me down, Krystal went to the bar to get more cocktails. I took that vodka like it was water. Maybe I was a little nervous about what was coming. Well, to tell you the truth, I was very nervous about the whole situation.

After another drink, I had forgotten almost everything. I felt light, looked like it was floating on the dance floor. That's when I saw Jong Suk. He smiled at me, and came toward me. When he came to meet me, we hugged quickly, and he offered me some water. I tried my best to disguise it, but I could see the looks Oppa was giving us. Out of the corner of my eye I could see that he did not take his eyes off us.

And since revenge is a cold-eating dish, I took advantage of it and invited Jong Suk to dance with me. Soon the song moved on to a slower pace, and we had to dance together, very close. I felt Jong Suk's hands slide down my back, pressing me firmly against him. It was different, to feel his breath on my neck, it was a different sensation, but it was not bad. Oppa was still staring at us. As soon as the song stopped, Jong Suk led me to our place, and she was Yong Hwa.

"There you are, little dancer. All right? "She asked, giving me a little hug.

"It's no big deal, what can I do? I like to dance, "I replied cheerfully.

"Do you want to dance with me?" He asked me quickly, even before Jong Suk could open his mouth.

"Yeah, sure," she said, already being pushed by him onto the runway.

It was electronic music. We jumped and danced to the sound of that beat. We grinned at each other happily. I do not know if it was the drink or the moment, but I was really happy. Yong Hwa and I danced in rhythm, laughing at nothing and anything. From a distance I saw Sung Kyung's boyfriend arrive. It was so beautiful. I was so happy for her. Nam Joo Hyuk was making my friend very happy. I saw happiness in her face every time she looked at him. And vice versa.

We went to meet them, and we were all having fun. The weather was great. Sung Kyung and Joo Hyuk were like nail and meat, or bread and butter. Love is incredible sometimes. People change because of him. For the good or for the bad. Maybe it's because I'm a little drunk, but I can not think straight anymore. The two men who love me are right in front of me, but I believe they are unconscious of each other. I have no idea what to do with them. Than to tell them. Just for today, I want to enjoy the moment. Letting me go.

I asked Krystal if she wanted to go to the bathroom. She said she was gone, so I went alone. When I arrived, I found her. Oppa's girlfriend. She really is very beautiful. Of course Oppa must like her a lot. She looks as delicate and feminine as the ideal woman Oppa always talks about. I stared at her for a while, trying to figure out what qualities Oppa liked best. Which made him fall in love with her. It's not hard to think of anything. She looks perfect. There is no way to compete with her. I stare at my face in the mirror before leaving. And when I leave, I find him standing outside. You must be waiting for her. It was inevitable to look at him. Our eyes met for a while I'm not sure how much. A time longer than allowed for old friends. I felt a tightness in my heart. I stopped breathing for a moment. In that second there was only me and him in that nightclub. I saw him try to say something, but he restrained himself. I felt that huge attraction pulling me toward him. And I saw in his eyes a different glow, which I never thought I would ever see. I knew what that look was. I felt inside those eyes undressing me and leaving me completely . It was surreal. But it all came back to normal when that woman appeared and cut off our connection. She hugged him tight, totally ignoring me. Like who wanted to mark territory. I felt horrible at that moment. Oppa was not mine. What was I thinking?

I almost ran toward the nearest exit. But an arm stopped me. It was Jong Suk.

"Where's Shin Hye going? Were you leaving without saying goodbye? "

"No ... I was just ... going out for air, that's all."

"Can I accompany you?"

"No need, I'm fine, really. But thank you for your kindness. "

"You need not apologize for that. It's all right. I'll be here when you get back. "

I left the nightclub toward the terrace. The icy wind soothed my heart, which was beating frantically in my chest. I held my hand over my heart, and closed my eyes, seeking calm in the midst of chaos. I took a deep breath and let the wind invade my face. I did not realize when he approached. Especially when he stopped by my side. It was so quiet. But I felt inside my soul his unmistakable voice echo in my ears.

"I need to tell you something. You do not have to say anything. Just listen. I promise I will not take your time. But it's killing me ... "

And when I opened my eyes, I stared at him instantly. Like a magnet.

"Oppa ..."