Chapter Seven

The secret of Park Shin Hye

Chapter Seven

There is nothing that a bottle of soju can not do. The power of being under the influence of alcohol softens any pain. That's what I was looking for today. Drown the hurts. And after the third bottle of soju, I think my plan was working perfectly. I was as light as air.

"Shin Hye-ah, take it easy with the soju. This is not water, "said Hong Ki, scolding me like a child who had done a trick.

"Shin Hye-ah, eat more. Eat some more meat. Do you want more kimchi? Want more rice? I ask you to arrange it. "Yong Hwa seemed too preoccupied with my well-being.

"I'm fine Hong-Star. Really. And Bolmae-Jung, thank you, I'm satisfied. You do not need to worry so much about me, I'm too old to take care of myself, "I replied, as if explaining to my parents for doing something wrong.

"Why is it that Keun Suk Hyung has not yet come? I'm getting worried, "stammered Hong Ki, already impatient that Oppa had not yet appeared. He did not have to worry any longer. Her cell phone began to vibrate. "Hyung! Where are you? We're all here already, Yong Hwa, Shin Hye and me. Only you ... I understand ... Yes ... All right. Take care of Hyung. "He hung up the phone already revealing what his facial expression denounced.

"Hyung is not coming. There was an unforeseen event at Tree J, and he had to meet with his staff. Aish. Everything was going so well. Who knows in a next he might come ... "Hong Ki looked very disappointed. He really loved Oppa. They were like Siamese brothers, separated in the maternity ward.

I can not say I was disappointed either. Seeing Oppa was the last thing I needed now. I can imagine his face if he saw me in this drunken state. He would surely take me home, and halfway he would give me a great scolding, just like a bossy father. Or a boring brother. Ottoke? I did not understand where Oppa wanted to go with her words. I decided not to think about it anymore and ordered another bottle of soju. Yong Hwa and Hong Ki just watched. They did not ask me to stop.

"Shin Hye-ah, is everything okay? You look worried. Is there anything I can help? "Hong Ki asked, looking really worried about me.

"Not Hong-Star, it's okay. Same. I just needed to get away. Thank you for the evening. It's all very good, "I replied, trying to mask the true reason for the various soju glasses.

I got up from the table to go to the restroom, half zonza. The soju was already doing its thing. I was already feeling an odd feeling. I tried to gather myself by throwing some water on my face. I could not believe what I was doing. What I'd done to myself. Even the alcohol did not make me forget Oppa. It was worse. At every dose, the memories came like a strong rush. I had already reached the limit of my sanity.

When I returned to the table, I said goodbye to my friends, thanked them for everything, and told them I was on my way home. Yong Hwa insisted on taking me home. I thanked him, said it was not necessary, but he insisted. When I found myself, I was already sitting in the passenger seat. He switched on the radio, and light music invaded my senses. I do not know when I fell asleep. But I felt my eyes growing drowsy and heavy. I woke up feeling Yong Hwa's hand on my arm, swaying gently. He whispered in my ear, thinking I was still asleep.

"Shin Hye, I know it's not the best time, but I do not know when I'll have the guts to actually tell you, looking into your beautiful eyes. Big and mesmerizing. It's been a long time since I've liked you. Actually, I really like you. No, better, I love you Shin Hye. I love more than one friend should love another. I dream that someday you can give me a chance. I'd be the happiest guy in the world. "

As I listened to these words, my heart was heavy. I made him move, and he walked away. Then I opened my eyes and stared. He looked nervous.

"Sorry Bolmae-Jung for sleeping. Did I ever get home? "I asked trying to change the strange mood between us.

"Yes Shin Hye-ah, I brought you safe and sound, as promised." He said, nodding his head in affirmation.

"Thanks for the ride and all the rest. Sorry if I was not good company today. "

"No need to apologize, you know. It was really good to see you."

"I also enjoyed seeing you today. Good evening Yong Hwa. "

"Good night Shin Hye. Good dreams."

And with that I got out of the car and waved again. He waited until I came in to start the engine and go. I was in such a weak state that as soon as I got to my room, I had time to just take off my shoes and my clothes, and fall asleep with my underwear under the duvet.


If only Shin Hye could know, there was one more person on the scene. He followed them. He was in front of the pub. He was there, not daring to show himself in front of her. He was weak. And idiot. Too stupid to go over his ego and beg his love. Sneakily he followed them to the house he knew very well, and parked as close as he could, avoiding being caught in the act. Jealousy corroded him completely. The green monster of jealousy. He stayed there all the time. Keun Suk saw when Yong Hwa touched Shin Hye unconscious, and how close he was. He stood there, watching the worst torture he had felt in a long time. It was not just his heart that hurt. It was as if his whole body hurt to see her so close to another. And when the car started the engine and disappeared into the night, he stayed there, losing track of time. Losing reason, sanity. And the tears that he had been able to stop until now, made their way freely across his face. Wiping away the tears with the back of his hands, he started the engine of his SUV, and went on his way.

The cold night resulted in two broken hearts. But could tomorrow be able to fix them?